aberdeen-music

Minidisc Question

Marillionboy

Is it just me or are minidiscs actually a load of rubbish?

Every one of my minidiscs now sticks on certain tracks. Does this hapopen to anyone else? I don't thinkn they can just have got dirty, and if that is the reason they are impossible to clean! Could be my player but the faults are always at the same places on the discs whenever i play them that seems unlikely...

Alas that isn't it' date=' because it happens on lots of different discs. Are minidiscs supposed to be fragile or indestructible? Cos mine ain't! And the disc freezes, won't play on, you have to skip to the next track.[/quote']

From the sony advert featuring reef, i think they are meant to be indestructible... Didn't the record exec throw their minidisc demo out a window only for some skater to pick it up and listen to it on his minidisc player? then again, the advert could have just been a load of bollocks.

Aye I mean CDs were supposed to be resisitant to you spreading jam on them...yeah right!

April, thanks for your reply, that's explained the problem. The ones that have buggered do have a little...and I mean a little! dust inside...the trouble is the thing that protests them from dust breaks off quite easily!

Recordable vinyl...it ain't gonna happen now is it?

Guest gilly

Why don't you ask a friend with a minidisc player if you can see if the discs work on their player. Then you'll know if it's the discs or the player. If it does turn out to be the player take it back to the shop.. if it's the discs then try re-recording.

Alternatively do the decent thing and get yourself an mp3 player :D

An MP3 player is no use to me as I don't have a PC (use a work one) yet and also I want a medium I can store stuff on long term and listen to elsewhere as well as on an MP3 player, eg radio programmes. Thought minidisc would be perfect for that but I think good old fashioned audio tape is winning out.

Aye I mean CDs were supposed to be resisitant to you spreading jam on them...yeah right!

April' date=' thanks for your reply, that's explained the problem. The ones that have buggered do have a little...and I mean a little! dust inside...the trouble is the thing that protests them from dust breaks off quite easily!

Recordable vinyl...it ain't gonna happen now is it?[/quote']

ALREADY HAS!! 1.jpg

A cool 6000 if you're interested, a 10 a disc :|:|

http://www.vestax.co.uk/products_1.htm

I feel your pain though, have a load of one off recordings made to mini disc years ago of the band live, all wrecked now....I think playing them in a walkman whilst being quite active ruined them

Guest Ancient Mariner
Alas that isn't it' date=' because it happens on lots of different discs. Are minidiscs supposed to be fragile or indestructible? Cos mine ain't! And the disc freezes, won't play on, you have to skip to the next track.[/quote']

Were you perhaps jogging at the time? Cos they don't stand being bounced about, nor even the mild exertion involved in delivering the Herald & Post, or so I remember.