aberdeen-music

student arrested for writing a story about zombies

Chris

A George Rogers Clark High School junior arrested Tuesday for making terrorist threats told LEX 18 News Thursday that the "writings" that got him arrested are being taken out of context.

Load of crap - also upped his bail to 5k cos of the seriousness. Now WISE UP. Thats just plain mad. So, if it was a story abotu fairy's would they lock him up for being mad as they dont exist. Americans jusctice smells of poo

It is the land of the free....unless your in jail of course... :down:

Yeah, and since when does writing something down become against the law, hollywood has passed off hundreds of zombie/horror films. Why aren't the creators of "Scream" in jail? Their film has quite a few high-school kids getting butchered and as far as I'm aware (I haven't really looked into the matter, I'm merely passing judgement on the fact that 2 more were made so presumably they didn't get arrested) they haven't been arrested or anything, and why isn't George A Romero serving a few life sentences for his movies?

This really does look like a scene out of 1984 - if people aren't allowed to write out fictional stories then what will be the next thing that won't be allowed? writing factual stories about say... bad things the government have done?

i wrote a story about me buying guns and runnning around a police station shooting everyone, then i hijack a plane and crash it into big ben and die in a horrible explosion as a i also had a nucear bomb with me so I blew up London and killed 5 million people.

...and my CUNT Higher English teacher only gave me a B!!!

...bastards

Not to spoil the rich vein of anti-American sentiments being espoused here, but in the article it's the defendant himself who says it was just a story about zombies.

That doesn't necessarily mean it was, it's just his explanation, there's no statement from the prosecutors who would have made the decision to go ahead with the case. For example, his stories could actually be more specific, he may have a history of threats against other pupils, you simply know. So to reply with 'land of freedom my ass' is quite possibly as ignorant as you regard these American cops to be.

Not to spoil the rich vein of anti-American sentiments being espoused here' date=' but in the article it's the defendant himself who says it was just a story about zombies.

That doesn't necessarily mean it was, it's just his explanation, there's no statement from the prosecutors who would have made the decision to go ahead with the case. For example, his stories could actually be more specific, he may have a history of threats against other pupils, you simply know. So to reply with 'land of freedom my ass' is quite possibly as ignorant as you regard these American cops to be.[/quote']

hard to see how you could get away with claiming terrorists were zombies though as well so we have to assume the story was about zombies.

plus i like zombies, and people that write about them. zombies are cool.

found this as well though clickity click

they reckon he was trying to organise an armed takeover of the school.

probably more to this story than meets the eye.