aberdeen-music

IDENTITY @ KEF, Monday, 7th March

I get your drift.

get it more attractive to the eyes to lessen the boredom

and get rid of the current bio

Okay' date=' thanks for the look in and comments.

Glad someone had a laugh, after today I might find the gas oven attractive. :D:help::gringo:

Not really but tempting.

take care,

Bobbie[/quote']

haha dont let it get to you guys, youve got a very good start there keep it up, i heard a lot of good things about the band so keep going and dont let the critism slow you down.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay finally something to work with

thanks for your input and sorry it tired ya xx

I'll get this down, and I'll get it right thanks to constructive comments.

I get what your meaning now, so thanks for the extra work........

hehe

again, its great to have someone finally let me know what it is with the site, since I've paid for a year, I'm stuck with the Flash, but the other stuff I can work upon and iron out all the kinks.

Thanks,

Bobbie

Firstly' date=' if the band wants to be taken seriously online they should splash out for a url like "identityrock.com" or "identitymusic.com" or whatever. It looks more professional than [url']http://myidentity.moonfruit.com/

Second, why do they have all those links on the first page? They really look ugly! People have JUST arrived on the site that LAST thing you want them doing is going elsewhere before they've even entered your site. Don't confused people, give them a simple choice.

Enter is that choice. It is the only choice.

Once in the site:

The marquee text just looks naff in my opinion, by that I mean, the bit with the scrolling gig date across the top of the page? Lose it. Put the gig info someplace else.

The left hand side of the page is aligned strangely. The menu part of the page seems to be sitting further left that the page header. That doesn't look good. Make clean lines.

The band name "Identity" has been repeated twice at the top of the page in different fonts. Why? An official letter from a company wouldn't have two seperate logos in the header. Same principle - I've never seen a top quality design that looked like that.

The band photos aren't professional and therefore make the band look amateurish, and furthermore they are different sizes making the whole thing look unplanned and haphazard.

The link on the main page back to the splash page (the one with all the ugly banner ads) serves no purpose. Lose it.

The photos page would look okay if it weren't for the silly face in the corner of the screen and the link that said "buy a demo CD". Why would people want to buy a CD based on the band's photographs? This is poor logic and again comes across as unplanned.

The gigs page is fine.

Again with the links page there are banners which aren't my cup of tea, but it's more acceptable here. I don't understand the skull thing with the swirly envelope though. I mean, this is what I'm talking about in terms of cohesion. None of these elements particularly seem to go together, it's just like they've been slapped down on a page with little pre-planning.

On the bio page there are too many elements and the band being shot as a four piece, oh, plus that other guy... sort that out too. It's not good. You need a group photo of the whole band. Until you get a photo like that, you're better leaving it out.

Anyway, I could go on, but I'm tired of typing now so I hope some of that helps.

ah how sweet

your a star.

Na, I'm not letting it get me down, I'm listening and taking it all in and with some stuff I've had said I'm taking serious, other stuff has only one place....the bin of my mind. hehe

Thanks for caring and showing support.

take care and have a brill weekend,

Bobbie

haha dont let it get to you guys' date=' youve got a very good start there keep it up, i heard a lot of good things about the band so keep going and dont let the critism slow you down.[/quote']

Can you give me an example of a slick' date=' good music website?

As to the query by stuartmaxwell , I've not managed long in the field of music, however I've managed top of my league in my own arena, that being high profile criminal cases as a profiler.

I know. :down:

This is different, ever so slightly.

But the same applies in this field. Management is management.

Its hard at times as in most management jobs, its a breeze in other areas.

I'm no fool nor do I suffer them, but I know the basics and have the belief, stamina and patience.

Is there anything I left out? :D

Take care,

Bobbie

Manager

IDENTITY

[url']http://myidentity.moonfruit.com

See above for website :)

Thanks

I've been and seen what your on about.

I like the whole idea of how the menu sits.

I'll probably have a problem with that, as I said, I've paid for this site of a year so I'm stuck with the Flash programme, specially on things like the menu and how it sits, but I can change the menu to give things more cohesion.

Again, thanks for the input and showing me an example.

It all helps and is a learning curve.

Have a fab weekend,

Bobbie

See above for website :)

There's about a million Five Finger Discounts' date=' hasn't stopped them using that name..

And Daniel? Being unprofessional towards other bands doesn't give you a good reputation...[/quote']

yea but if they ever got signed surely copyright would take its course, whats unprofessional about that?

yea but if they ever got signed surely copyright would take its course' date=' whats unprofessional about that?[/quote']

I'm referring to earlier on in this thread as well..

Sometimes, no matter how much something needs said, it's better to leave it unsaid.

I'm referring to earlier on in this thread as well..

Sometimes' date=' no matter how much something needs said, it's better to leave it unsaid.[/quote']

my coment wasen't have as bad as some of the other posts in this thread, my one asked a question (a cheeky one ill admit) but i didnt say; your vocalist is shit etc

Guest stuartmaxwell

And Daniel? Being unprofessional towards other bands doesn't give you a good reputation...

who cares about a good reputation??

look at sidca

they have the best rep in abdn

and is it?

you cant register a name as yours if its already taken

Yes its registered at Bandname.com and has been entered into the World Music Database.

I'm copyrighting all material and that is going to the London office.

So' date=' whomever you speak of (can you point me towards them), they unfortunately didn't get in there quick enough and get registered, so now they'd either have to take us to court (at their expense) or buy us out (name wise).

Take care and have a brill weekend,

Bobbie

Manager

IDENTITY

who cares about a good reputation??

look at sidca

they have the best rep in abdn

I think what Cloud is saying is that as a promoter reputation actually does count for him as to who he gets to do gigs, from that point of view reputation does matter.

As for that band database its hugely out of date and innacurate.

Cheers

Stuart

Guest Cowboy Dan
Didn't you used to do the same sort of thing for the X-Certs?

Yes, but we were a bunch of clueless 13 year olds and i'm embarassed to think about it now.

There's one small problem with all this effort "identity" are putting in to every thing, they're awful.

Yes its registered at Bandname.com and has been entered into the World Music Database.

I'm copyrighting all material and that is going to the London office.

So' date=' whomever you speak of (can you point me towards them), they unfortunately didn't get in there quick enough and get registered, so now they'd either have to take us to court (at their expense) or buy us out (name wise).

Take care and have a brill weekend,

Bobbie

Manager

IDENTITY

haha owned!!!