aberdeen-music

IDENTITY @ KEF, Monday, 7th March

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i still laugh in the knowledge that IdENtItY have a manager (mate)

To tell a story, it actually helped them from my perspective - she was discussing future gigs with us while the band was off doing other stuff, surely it's not a bad thing for a band to be able to chill out after playing and not have to think about future gigs at that moment in time?

Guest stuartmaxwell
To tell a story' date=' it actually helped them from my perspective - she was discussing future gigs with us while the band was off doing other stuff [/quote']

it must be tough signing autographs an all that

i just think its funny that they are so serious about making, even to the extent that they got a manager and the like, but they still havent got a decent band name, they have a cringeworthy rubbish bio, a crap "official" website and are playing every week.

odd

good on them for trying like, but if they want to be taken seriously (it appears like that anyway) the manager needs to start managing and sort this stuff out

maybe im wrong?probably

it must be tough signing autographs an all that

I enjoy it :p

i just think its funny that they are so serious about making' date=' even to the extent that they got a manager and the like, but they still havent got a decent band name, they have a cringeworthy rubbish bio, a crap "official" website and are playing every week.

odd

good on them for trying like, but if they want to be taken seriously (it appears like that anyway) the manager needs to start managing and sort this stuff out

maybe im wrong?probably[/quote']

I think it's good for them if they have a manager, but they need to start being managed on the above issues. Websites, bios and possible overplaying need to be addressed.

thanks ;)

you hit the nail on the head, that's my remit -- to free up the worries that come with this industry. At the end of the day, the music is what's important with all bands and if they've the time to enjoy their gigs, pre and post........then they'll continue to enjoy the music and won't get too tainted by the side of things I've to do --- the industry/business.

So, no I don't think its a bad thing to be able to chill whilst someone else does the graft.

Take care,

Bobbie

To tell a story' date=' it actually helped them from my perspective - she was discussing future gigs with us while the band was off doing other stuff, surely it's not a bad thing for a band to be able to chill out after playing and not have to think about future gigs at that moment in time?[/quote']

have ye been their manager long??

who have you managed before??

It doesn't matter who she's managed before, you have to start somewhere, I hadn't really managed anyone before Jo and its worked out OK for us. If Cloud, as the promoter, thisks it was better to deal with their manager then it obviously is the right thing to do, though I do agree with the website and bio thing etc, but maybe that'll come with time, they haven't been going long and a slick, good website can cost.

Cheers

Stuart

Honest question?

Can you give me an example of a slick, good music website?

As to the query by stuartmaxwell , I've not managed long in the field of music, however I've managed top of my league in my own arena, that being high profile criminal cases as a profiler.

I know. :down:

This is different, ever so slightly.

But the same applies in this field. Management is management.

Its hard at times as in most management jobs, its a breeze in other areas.

I'm no fool nor do I suffer them, but I know the basics and have the belief, stamina and patience.

Is there anything I left out? :D

Take care,

Bobbie

Manager

IDENTITY

http://myidentity.moonfruit.com

It doesn't matter who she's managed before' date=' you have to start somewhere, I hadn't really managed anyone before Jo and its worked out OK for us. If Cloud, as the promoter, thisks it was better to deal with their manager then it obviously is the right thing to do, though I do agree with the website and bio thing etc, but maybe that'll come with time, they haven't been going long and a slick, good website can cost.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

I like it

Can you tell me if its the Flash that is the problem.

I'm asking, because its in the best interests that I do so I can perhaps alter, apply suggestions to make things, like the website, bring the guys into a better light. :D

Take care,

Bobbie

Manager

IDENTITY

http://myidentity.moonfruit.com

well i'll go with www.jomccafferty.com a nice simple website looks good' date=' no things like Flash to go wrong, straight to the point,

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

haha sorry this made me laugh,

"1. First album/track you bought? - Limp Bizkit - Chocolate Starfish."

i duno the website is pretty boring i think, the music isnt bad at all tho so thats the main thing, dont listen to danny doubt hes a twat anyway hehe.

i dunno try to make it a bit more attractive to the eyes i was bored of looking at that site within about 30 seconds and as stuart says the bio is awful.

but hey its a start and thats the main thing guys.

okay

I get your drift.

get it more attractive to the eyes to lessen the boredom

and get rid of the current bio

Okay, thanks for the look in and comments.

Glad someone had a laugh, after today I might find the gas oven attractive. :D:help::gringo:

Not really but tempting.

take care,

Bobbie

haha sorry this made me laugh' date='

"1. First album/track you bought? - Limp Bizkit - Chocolate Starfish."

i duno the website is pretty boring i think, the music isnt bad at all tho so thats the main thing, dont listen to danny doubt hes a twat anyway hehe.

i dunno try to make it a bit more attractive to the eyes i was bored of looking at that site within about 30 seconds and as stuart says the bio is awful.

but hey its a start and thats the main thing guys.[/quote']

Jeepers

Um, self promotion. hehe

Okay, anyone else?

I'll stand against a wall now, and if anyone wants a pop, carry on I'm obviously game. hehe

take care,

Bobbie

why have you put identity@kef with towers of london as the title

when its towers of london @kef

being supported by identity

they say headlining band for a reason

(i have nothing else to do sorry)

on looks and cohesion in more detail?

thanks' date='

Bobbie[/quote']

Firstly, if the band wants to be taken seriously online they should splash out for a url like "identityrock.com" or "identitymusic.com" or whatever. It looks more professional than http://myidentity.moonfruit.com/

Second, why do they have all those links on the first page? They really look ugly! People have JUST arrived on the site that LAST thing you want them doing is going elsewhere before they've even entered your site. Don't confused people, give them a simple choice.

Enter is that choice. It is the only choice.

Once in the site:

The marquee text just looks naff in my opinion, by that I mean, the bit with the scrolling gig date across the top of the page? Lose it. Put the gig info someplace else.

The left hand side of the page is aligned strangely. The menu part of the page seems to be sitting further left that the page header. That doesn't look good. Make clean lines.

The band name "Identity" has been repeated twice at the top of the page in different fonts. Why? An official letter from a company wouldn't have two seperate logos in the header. Same principle - I've never seen a top quality design that looked like that.

The band photos aren't professional and therefore make the band look amateurish, and furthermore they are different sizes making the whole thing look unplanned and haphazard.

The link on the main page back to the splash page (the one with all the ugly banner ads) serves no purpose. Lose it.

The photos page would look okay if it weren't for the silly face in the corner of the screen and the link that said "buy a demo CD". Why would people want to buy a CD based on the band's photographs? This is poor logic and again comes across as unplanned.

The gigs page is fine.

Again with the links page there are banners which aren't my cup of tea, but it's more acceptable here. I don't understand the skull thing with the swirly envelope though. I mean, this is what I'm talking about in terms of cohesion. None of these elements particularly seem to go together, it's just like they've been slapped down on a page with little pre-planning.

On the bio page there are too many elements and the band being shot as a four piece, oh, plus that other guy... sort that out too. It's not good. You need a group photo of the whole band. Until you get a photo like that, you're better leaving it out.

Anyway, I could go on, but I'm tired of typing now so I hope some of that helps.