aberdeen-music

Attention Computer Experts

NARC

Right, I have a problem. I can't get my laptop at home to load up Windows. I have Windows XP Professional, and whenever I click my icon to log on it flashes up with my usual desktop but then immediately logs off, and I'm returned back to the username screen. Anyone seen this before or know what to do cos this couldn't happen at a worse time...

Guest Ancient Mariner

I have seen this b4, but that was because the door of my computer desk was pressing against the power button. Bit of a meat n' potatoes problem, unlikely to apply to a laptop.

Oh! It looks so complicated. I wish I'd paid more attention to Mr. Mo in 3rd year Computing!

Come on, like it was possible to listen/pay attention to him for longer than 10 seconds without bursting into fits of hysterics :D

Dear old Rambo, I wonder if he's still torturing the youth of today with fucking comal :p

Come on' date=' like it was possible to listen/pay attention to him for longer than 10 seconds without bursting into fits of hysterics :D

Dear old Rambo, I wonder if he's still torturing the youth of today with fucking comal :p[/quote']

Come on, credit where credit's due. He was a clever enough guy, just a little socially misplaced.

Come on' date=' credit where credit's due. He was a clever enough guy, just a little socially misplaced.[/quote']

Come on, he was about 20 years out of date, do you not remeber the complete confusion he was in when they got rid of the crappy old computers and got the vaguely decent ones in? :p

I remeber he threw me out once and gave me a telling off, trying to keep a straight face was next to impossible :(

Thinking about it now, that class was legendary, what with Morrison and Ransom (amusingly, i saw him a couple of months ago, and yes, he's still greasy) and all manner of brilliant piss taking opportunities :D

I had a similar problem that I managed to get around by doing something in Safe Mode....just WHAT exactly' date=' escapes me.[/quote']

You phoned Bob Craske, didn't you?

(remeber him? the bloke who used to write a column for retards in the westhill newsletter thing)

You phoned Bob Craske' date=' didn't you?

(remeber him? the bloke who used to write a column for retards in the westhill newsletter thing)[/quote']

Yeah, i think he caused all our computer woes, and fleeced us too. Used to be in the German Army I think he said, and he stays in Paris now?!? Whippin the French with some good old authoritarianism.

Well, since Malx has had some success in finding help, anyone know anything about javascript?? Suddenly it seemed to stop working on my comp and i can't do fast replies on this site and can't open my emails in hotmail. I tried fiddling about with the security settings but didn't have a clue what i was doing and it made no difference.

Well' date=' since Malx has had some success in finding help, anyone know anything about javascript?? Suddenly it seemed to stop working on my comp and i can't do fast replies on this site and can't open my emails in hotmail. I tried fiddling about with the security settings but didn't have a clue what i was doing and it made no difference.[/quote']

Try going to the sun website and download the latest java platform.