aberdeen-music

New Band

A Former Pisshead

Hey we are a new Aberdeen band featuring a guitarist, keyboardist, programmer and a vocalist, keyboardist both in their early twenties. We currently have more than enough material for gigging and are looking for a bassist to add to the music and complete the line-up! We are not looking for someone who can play slap-funk bass just someone who can play simply and fit the style of music! The attitude is more important than technical brilliance! Our music ranges from faster punkier material to slower more spaced-out affairs.

Influences include The Cure, Interpol, Joy Division/New Order, Television, The Clash, Very early REM, Galaxie 500, Low, 4AD Records (Pixies, Lush, Cocteau Twins)

We currently have an all-male line-up though anyone can apply (except covers band bassists!).

Interested then send me a PM ASAP!

Guest valley69
Hey we are a new Aberdeen band featuring a guitarist' date=' keyboardist, programmer and a vocalist, keyboardist both in their early twenties. We currently have more than enough material for gigging and are looking for a bassist to add to the music and complete the line-up! We are not looking for someone who can play slap-funk bass just someone who can play simply and fit the style of music! The attitude is more important than technical brilliance! Our music ranges from faster punkier material to slower more spaced-out affairs.

Influences include The Cure, Interpol, Joy Division/New Order, Television, The Clash, Very early REM, Galaxie 500, Low, 4AD Records (Pixies, Lush, Cocteau Twins)

We currently have an all-male line-up though anyone can apply (except covers band bassists!).

Interested then send me a PM ASAP![/quote']

sounds like a really good band idea..good luck finding someone

sounds like a really good band idea..good luck finding someone

The bad news is that I have found no-one yet! Its frustrating as we have everything in place and as soon as we find a bass player we can get down to work. Someone like Hooky from New Order or indeed early Valley 69! There must be someone out there at a loose end who feels the need to play beautiful music! Give me a shout before this turns into one of Delia Smiths half time rants! ASAP!!

Yeah i've got down 8 tracks as rough demos at home that would be used for the new band and I also have a lot of stuff that I am about to record. Using the drum machine has allowed me to work the songs out how I want (rem old joke about only having to punch the info into the drum machine once!) and I have been able to work out some really interesting arrangements as a result. It fits the music so we want to stick with it as it actually sounds better as everything is dead tight! I can't say if the songs are good myself but I have got a positive response and our singer loves them. Also he is writing really interesting lyrics that move away from the usual 'my girlfriends left me and the cats died' type of lyric so it should all be good. The band will probaly be called 'Strozek'.