aberdeen-music

What does eveyone think of the travellers getting such a hard time??

Delly

I suppose it is because it is not at my back door but I am so angry reading alot of the articles about it, its like a witch hunt , tonight on Trevor McDonalds show (all be it in England) but it was horrific the way they were treated.

around here they are talking about how awful the mess is they leave so the council provide them with a toilet and a skip( then bloody hell the public are outraged)

if you think about how horrid some of the area s in Aberdeen is and how bad it can be - burnt out cars sofas and shit everywhere

I think I would rather live next to travellers then junkies tho!

what is everyone elses thoughts?

Guest tv tanned

I think it is utterly ridiculous.

I cringe at how intolerant our society has become.

I cannot fathom how on the one hand the newspapers stir up the politics of hate through highlighting travellers, immigrants and others as the source of all our problems, and then act horrified when fuckwits like Griffin and the BNP get a high vote.

I'm not comparing anything to the holocaust before anyone starts, but is our treatment of minorities really any different to the early days of Nazism, when people hounded Jews out of their communities?

I reckon the travellers are decent folk, and I would rather live beside them than junkies...however, when you see photos in the EE of the shite they leave behind (bog roll, empty cans, broken caravans) it does get on your nerves a bit. I mean, it doesnt take much to dipose of these things properly. Personally I couldnt give a shit where they 'park' but If im going to be fined 200 for dropping litter on the street, so should travellers. :cheers:

Hmm..I think what offends most folk about travellers is not so much the fact they live like that, but the fact that they often seem to be above the law, just as other minorities are seen in such a light. For instance, they're talking about fining parents with on the spot fines if their children miss school - but will these travelling types be subject to such fines? of course not.

As far as I see it, everyone is equal and should be treated equally - if we insist on branding them as "minorities", then they'll be treated differently to everyone else whether we like or not - the only thing that's really changed is that we've went from opressing them to giving them more liberties than everyone else.

How can anyone really have sympathy for the travellers when they refuse to use council ran facilities (such as the one at Clinterty) for trivial reasons, none of which stand up under examination?

I reckon the travellers are decent folk' date=' and I would rather live beside them than junkies...however, when you see photos in the EE of the shite they leave behind (bog roll, empty cans, broken caravans) it does get on your nerves a bit. I mean, it doesnt take much to dipose of these things properly. Personally I couldnt give a shit where they 'park' but If im going to be fined 200 for dropping litter on the street, so should travellers. :cheers:[/quote']

take a walk round tilly or somewhere similar you will find worse then an old sofa - we could go to a council estate and get stabbed with infected needles which is worse

I think this is horrific the show tonight showed the police manhandling a pregnant woman and two children then burning as much stuff as possible I was in tears! the fire just made me think fuck its like the KKK its ridiculas just because they choose to live there lives differently does not mean they are a lowere being!

Guest tv tanned

Having visited the site at Clinterty, I can understand why they would choose not to go there.

Cloud, what evidence do you have, beyond what you read in the papers (which have agendas) to support your claim that travellers are above the law?

Having visited the site at Clinterty' date=' I can understand why they would choose not to go there.[/quote']

What's wrong with it? I haven't visited there in a while, but I remeber it being fine?

Cloud' date=' what evidence do you have, beyond what you read in the papers (which have agendas) to support your claim that travellers are above the law?[/quote']

Personal, sustained experience. I've seen it first hand many a time.

we could go to a council estate and get stabbed with infected needles which is worse

Why just a council estate? I think your whole thread now has no meaning cause you are slating people for not treating others right.....you now have put a huge anti-social comment in basically implying that everyone on a council estate is a junkie that likes to stab people.....i think 99% of people on council estates are very much like me and you.....they are not junkies...think about what your writing mrs hitler.....

take a walk round tilly or somewhere similar you will find worse then an old sofa - we could go to a council estate and get stabbed with infected needles which is worse

I think this is horrific the show tonight showed the police men handling a pregnant woman and two children then burning as much stuff as possible I was in tears! the fire just made me think fuck its like the KKK its ridiculas just because they choose to live there lives differently does not mean they are a lowere being!

Ive been to tilly many times as I know 1 or 2 people there, and yes, some parts are a shit hole. However you can live in a trailer or a house - it shouldnt matter. you cant just go about dumping shite. As cloud says, fines etc should be applicable to everyone regardless of where or what they live in. its not about where or what you live in, its if you can be arsed keeping your area(s) tidy

having lived in tilly and been around when they were fighting for the needle bins kinda tells be there is more need for it there then say somewhere like the new housing estates buiilt privately yes I agree I have made the mistake of saying counciil estates I DO APPOLOGISE I was wrong to say that but I was only going from my experiences

reaction slightly over the top no? where the hell did I say there were people wanting to stab people I meant that on numerous occasions walking my kids to nursery I would see plenty of needles lying around the streets a

I have no problems with the way people wish to live their lives but if I am expected to live within the law then why the fuck shouldnt they?

I own a caravan, if I were to park it overnight in a layby I would be commiting an offence and I bet the police would be bloody quick in enforcing the law....but these travellers know that they can get away with it because if they get hastle all the bleeding heart liberals will come rushing out of the woodwork to defend their human rights.....

The law should be for everyone.

I think it was at this point you said you could get stabbed.......

Not an over reaction at all....you just damned everyone who lives in a council estate...and i stick by my comment 100%.....

ahh ok you missunderstood me i meant you could by accident stab yourself with a needle picking it up or the kids falling on it blah blah

and I damned everyone living in council estates ehhh have you ever read any of my other post - I grew up on one and im sure loads of people here did tooo but hey there were a hell of alot of needles lying about where I grew up - to the point where we campaigned for a needle bin....

I really did not mean for you to pick it up in such a way, especially since i would agree with you about it

i think 99% of people on council estates are very much like me and you....but dont have good jobs or too much money etc...they are not junkies...think about what your fucking writing mrs hitler.....

Sorry but I think you are every bit as bad.....

Go back and read what you have just written....I have lived in council housing all my life, my wife and I have bloody good jobs thanks, but chose not to get into the property rat race, I resent being described as "very much like you" like I was juust one rung down the evolutionary ladder but not quite up to you're elite middle class standards...

Sorry but I think you are every bit as bad.....

Go back and read what you have just written....I have lived in council housing all my life' date=' my wife and I have bloody good jobs thanks, but chose not to get into the property rat race, I resent being described as "very much like you" like I was juust one rung down the evolutionary ladder but not quite up to you're elite middle class standards...[/quote']

Yeah i get what you mean....and i also know alot of people also who live on council estates who are waaaaaaaaaaaaay better off than me.....

sorry.....thats not what i meant at all.....

Edit: Edited for my stupid mistake.....

I wasnt trying to be a cunt.....but you would have to be fairly idiotic to pick up a needle!!! :D

ok think about it your a person who likes gardening oops there a needle in the leaves, ehh you see one and think shit i dont want kids toh pick that up and oops ehhh other examples CHILDREN do it all the time they don't think such things can be harmfull since hey parents give them toys siringes! kid find them think they toys or even just pick it up to see what it is and with their tiny undevloped motor skills Stab themselves all very innocent but well the wait for the test results can't be much fun!bvg

Yeah i get what you mean....and i also know alot of people also who live on council estates who are waaaaaaaaaaaaay better off than me.....

sorry.....thats not what i meant at all.....

this was not a slating match god I was just saying how bad i felt these people were being treated for having a different way of life

and hey the mrs hittler shit really hurt!

especially now you are being said to be "just as bad"

this was not a slating match god I was just saying how bad i felt these people were being treated for having a different way of life

and hey the mrs hittler shit really hurt!

especially now you are being said to be "just as bad"

I get this feeling deep down that if these "travellers" were to pitch up on your doorstep and start dumping their shit in your garden, stealing the washing off your line and letting their dogs roam free.....you would be singing a different tune....

I get this feeling deep down that if these "travellers" were to pitch up on your doorstep and start dumping their shit in your garden' date=' stealing the washing off your line and letting their dogs roam free.....you would be singing a different tune....[/quote']

Everyone would be pissed about that.....

Everyone is pissed cause there is one rule for them and whole load of others for us....

If they want to live on the road then fair do's.....but stealing and shit is not on.....and so is dumping mess....thats really bad.....there is no need for that at all.....

I get this feeling deep down that if these "travellers" were to pitch up on your doorstep and start dumping their shit in your garden' date=' stealing the washing off your line and letting their dogs roam free.....you would be singing a different tune....[/quote']

Yes I agree, I did say this in my original post BUT there is no way I would want young children terrified or there belongings destroyed, I would however prefer to talk to them than get angry with them I hope I would deal with it better then the people in the paper

Having lived in a really shitty place where people were rude let there dogs shit everywhere and getting alot of hassel I am sure I would deal with it somehow even now kids think its a good idea to take there cute wee doggies to my garden for a walk since it is soo big my neighbours already leave old chairs in my garden

while Living in Bradford I actually lived very close to travellers and found them to be very nice and they even put there horse's in my back garden( my mum was pissed off where as I thought it was ace I was only 6) I went to school with there kids it was not as bad as the press make put

but how stupid was it - the evening express was reporting on the mess they were leaving blah blah then the council have a good idea to give them a skip and a toilet.

then everyone in an uproar about them getting a skip I was like ehh how can you complain then complain when they do something about it . that to me was like oh we will be as nasty about them as we can no matter what the council do