aberdeen-music

Who`se got the straight edge? - Richard & Judy - TONIGHT

Ross

I just posted a similar thread in the Wasteland without noticing this one.

I thought it was probably the worst representation of SxE people they could have possibly mustered, you would have thought they could have found someone who'd being doing it for more than a week. They shouldn't let these people on TV, ever. They just embarass other followers. I did like the use of photos from BMEZine though, when they showed examples of Straight-Edge tattoo's.

Youth Brigade!

Anyways i'm straight edge' date=' i was before i even knew of the label. I love minor threat and all of the hardcore bands from the time but that fucking X on their hands pisses me off so much, its just egotistical and fucking irritating![/quote']

See, I way respect people more if they just don't drink or do drugs or whatever, rather than attaching some sort of statement to it, because it has become such a fashion driven thing, and the whole ethos of the straight edge thing, as far as I can see, is personal choice rather than social grouping.

I quite enjoyed the whole Richard and Judy thing to be honest. At least the girl who did most of the talking was articulate and knew what she what she was talking, and Richard was funny as fuck.

If Richard Madeley ran for election he'd get my vote, him and Clarkson should get together and form a political party, they'd be unstoppable.

There's a bit of a tie for my favourite Madeley moment, it's between the interview with Rebbeca Loo's (Beckham's alleged lover) in which she spent 20 minutes pouring her heart out to the nation about how hurt she was and trying to tug on the nations heart-strings, without missing a beat Madeley snaps in with "Well, at the end of the day love, it takes two to tango". Her face was a picture.

My other favourite is when R&J interviewed Bill Clinton and Richard compared the Clinton/Lewinsky scandal which led to him becoming one of only two American presidents to be impeached, to the infamous Richard and Judy accidental wine theft incident.

He also won the best TV line of the year in the Mirror's TV Column for a comment during a piece on D-Day when he delivered the awe-inspiring request to "Imagine there had been Morris Dancers at Dunkirk".

Guest Jake Wifebeater
that was an 'in joke' between me and another member on here.there was never actually a real orgy. why are you always so determined to have a go at me anyway?

I thought that, I figured if I kept at it you'd cave in and confess to lying, and so it proved. I'm not determined at all to have a go at you as I've no idea who in the blue hell you are.

You really shouldn't tell lies.

From Straight Edgers to "Christian Voice"

Newsnight tonight is looking into this lot...

Apparently the Home Secretary has been asked to investigate 'Christian Voice', a pressure group which was trying to prevent Jerry Springer the Opera being shown on tv and has pressured a cancer care charity into refusing a donation from the production company. Apparently they have issued threats to BBC staff and are a little bit heavy handed.

After having had the misfortune of hearing Christian metal once and once sharing a flat with a Slayer fan I have no sympathy with them.