aberdeen-music

Who`se got the straight edge? - Richard & Judy - TONIGHT

Ross

On Richard & JUdy Tonight!

Straight Edgers

Straight Edgers are a subculture of people who don't drink, don't smoke, don't take drugs or have casual sex and are usually vegan. Their beliefs and passion for the subculture are born out of the music, which is called 'Hardcore' and is a derivitive of Punk. Some Straightedgers will be discussing their beliefs in the studio.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I can't believe I've just heard Minor Threat and the Teen Idles mentioned on Channel 4 at half five.

The strange thing is that the Teen Idles 7" is a great record for downing cider to.

DAMMIT

i missed this.

i do have resepct for people who are straight edge' date=' like grant said, but i just don't like those who go around going "i'm sXe" all over their faceparty/facewhore/myspace profiles. those people can fuck off and die.[/quote']

out of wondering why?whats wrong with being proud of what they are?its not like they saying u must be sXe yadda yadda those guys are annoying

DAMMIT

i missed this.

i do have resepct for people who are straight edge' date=' like grant said, but i just don't like those who go around going "i'm sXe" all over their faceparty/facewhore/myspace profiles. those people can fuck off and die.[/quote']

I'm straight edge so fuck you

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Damn that Ian MacKaye' date=' damn him to hell!![/quote']

Poison Idea were spot on when they released the "Ian MacKaye is an asshole" 12". First straight edge, and then Fugazi. No-one else has caused so much damage.

out of wondering why?whats wrong with being proud of what they are?its not like they saying u must be sXe yadda yadda those guys are annoying

ok, i was agreeing with you?

it annoys me because it's like they're doing it 'for the image'. i have a friend who's straight edge. she's only that way because her mother was an alcoholic. she doesn't go round broadcasting it all over her livejournal/faceparty. i know a fair handful of people who have I'M STRAIGHT EDGE OMG LOOK AT ME profiles. and it's like "fuck off and die, kthx"

yeah, i'm sorry if i'm offesnive. i don't mind straight edge people. not at all in fact. i'm trying to cut back on drinking myself simply because it's bad for me, i just find it annoying when people broadcast it to the world.

???

Gorilla Biscuits?

Youth Of Today?

Minor Threat?

Champion?

Government Issue?

Embrace Today?

Cast Aside?

There are/were a hell of a lot of fucking wank sxe bands out there who got signed simply cos they were edge. Poo.

But those bands didn't go far enough. At least when Crucial Youth were interfering in peoples lives and telling them what to do they discouraged more relevant moral issues such as poor dental hygeine, swearing, the flat tyre, and masturbation.