aberdeen-music

Project: Ven-Hell Mp3 for your listening pleasure

HeinzHines

Well

Got my money ready! I'm off into town soon to buy my Jackass back collection. Thrown out all my eating implements and most of my three syllable words. Oh, and my ability for a reasoned debate.

Or

At the next PV-H gig I am going to throw myself beneath their stamping feet in an act of self sacrifice for all those unspoken and unheard lovers of 'real' music, that rarely get a chance to speak for themsleves...

Decisions... In the mean time where's my Jamie Cullim cd? Coz it's ace like min!

:love::D:rockon:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stuartmaxwell
Oh well... heres another bland standard band to contribute to todays mainly shite music. I really didn't enjoy this at all and can't see how anyone could like it...Random guitar leads(I really hope they are anyway!)' date=' irritating whining, bland as fuck chord progression, another boring band that youll hear next door in captain toms.....at least yourhaving fun(good drummer).[/quote']

eh what??

bland??

guitar leads??last i checked they were black

Guest AmbientMood
everyone who listens to louder music a brainless moron

I turned up a Wes montgomery cd last night really loud' date=' I'm not a brainless moron. Hell, I'm sure the [i']red hot chili peppers were playing louder than you when I saw them. Actually, that gig was full of morons, I guess morons think decibels compensate for melody.

Theres a much thought into that song as there is into a plank of wood, not even a talking one at that.

Guest Zeenat Aman

The reason I dont like this mp3 has nothing to do with the genre or whatever,I like noise too, although of a different nature... it's more to do with the fact that it lacks conviction. To my ears, it doesn't sound like you guys are sure of what you are playing and why you are doing it.

Knowing who the other members are adds to that, cos in their other "more serious bands" they certainly sound more sure of themselves and in to it!?

But hey, it's one mp3, and bands need time to become a 'band'.

Knowing who the other members are adds to that' date=' cos in their other "more serious bands" they certainly sound more sure of themselves and in to it!?[/quote']

I know what your getting at here....but there is no band snobbery between the bands...they take each of their bands as serious as each other (my comment on their more serious bands is to do with more 'hey if any of us is going to get signed it aint pvh!)....i think the lack of conviction is maybe due to the recording...people who have seen it live will tell you there is no lack of conviction between instruments/members....

Guest Zeenat Aman
I know what your getting at here....but there is no band snobbery between the bands...they take each of their bands as serious as each other (my comment on their more serious bands is to do with more 'hey if any of us is going to get signed it aint pvh!)....i think the lack of conviction is maybe due to the recording...people who have seen it live will tell you there is no lack of conviction between instruments/members....

Yikes, no I didn't mean it like that!!!

But yes, maybe it's the recording, it's just missing something, especially if one a/b compares it to Politic/Masamune stuff.

Hm, this is getting anal!

:help::D

Yikes' date=' no I didn't mean it like that!!!

But yes, maybe it's the recording, it's just missing something, especially if one a/b compares it to Politic/Masamune stuff.

Hm, this is getting anal!

:help::D[/quote']

I tell you what....i'll try and get us to record another one of our songs sometime within the next 2 weeks...its more coherent and less jumbled up....but still in the same vain of what we are trying to do/achieve.....the song i posted is probably a bad example of our overall sound....the song i put up is delibratly messy and bitsy...i like it and so do the band....but maybe one of our other tracks would be easier for people to pick out and understand what we are doing and what we are all about.....

i know what you mean by the 'missing' factor.....copy_haho/masamune are very well rehearsed and have had years to write songs and progress....in simple terms....we havent!!! :D

But this will come and thats what progression is all about....because at the end of the day no-one in the band is a poor musician/songwriter/or extremly ugly!!!! :D

Guest Zeenat Aman
I tell you what....i'll try and get us to record another one of our songs sometime within the next 2 weeks...its more coherent and less jumbled up....but still in the same vain of what we are trying to do/achieve.....the song i posted is probably a bad example of our overall sound....the song i put up is delibratly messy and bitsy...i like it and so do the band....but maybe one of our other tracks would be easier for people to pick out and understand what we are doing and what we are all about.....

i know what you mean by the 'missing' factor.....copy_haho/masamune are very well rehearsed and have had years to write songs and progress....in simple terms....we havent!!! :D

But this will come and thats what progression is all about....because at the end of the day no-one in the band is a poor musician/songwriter/or extremly ugly!!!! :D

Aye, like I said, bands need time and I know they'se all good players... I'm not so sure about this non ugly band members thing?!?!?!

:p

Guest stuartmaxwell
eh what??

bland??

guitar leads??last i checked they were black

i got negative sceneie points for this comment

i thought it was an ace joke

i think my downfall just dont like me??

Wait... My Downfall?

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!! HAHAHAHAHA AH HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Well regurgitated.

I must compliment you on your memory skills, and your ability to get through life without an ounce of creativity. Why change a winning formula, ay?

Scene points for you for stictoitiveness.

Guest stuartmaxwell

and i suppose you dislike me because of one flippant remark on a messageboard, geez dont take it all so seriously

its all a game you fucks

the original message was in a sarcastic nature, damn those smilies, they really do take the shine off of my posting :D

I never realised that melody was the be all and end all of music. Maybe some people like songs that fragmented and fucked up rather than "nice" songs with a pretty little melody.

Project: Ven Hell are obviously a band that people either love or hate. I like that.

And to the guy who associated Jackass with Shellac... YOU ARE A COMIC GENIUS.

Guest Zeenat Aman
I never realised that melody was the be all and end all of music. Maybe some people like songs that fragmented and fucked up rather than "nice" songs with a pretty little melody.

I like both!

:D