aberdeen-music

Project: Ven-Hell Mp3 for your listening pleasure

HeinzHines

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest neil ex

It was strange seeing Macrocosmica outside Dr Drakes. They were quite good, I've enjoyed them more in the past though..

Glasgow was cool like. I fancy this girl that works in the Sainsburys beside the Donald Dewar monument.. She served me my Sunday Times, and she was very friendly! :love:

I've never been called a slag before! :D

this really didn't do anything for me, think I'd need to be under 18 and pissed out of my brain to glean any sort of pleasure from it. To be honest, it just conjures up the image of a classroom full of downs-syndrome kids having simultaneous epilleptic fits, and, once the tune finishes, smearing themselves with their own excrement while grinning wildly, waiting for the teacher to give them a gold star.

2/10, 1 point for having the mental capacity to co-ordinate picking up your instruments and playing at the same time, and a 2nd point for sounding marginally less monotonous than my washing machine.

this really didn't do anything for me' date=' think I'd need to be under 18 and pissed out of my brain to glean any sort of pleasure from it. To be honest, it just conjures up the image of a classroom full of downs-syndrome kids having simultaneous epilleptic fits, and, once the tune finishes, smearing themselves with their own excrement while grinning wildly, waiting for the teacher to give them a gold star.

2/10, 1 point for having the mental capacity to co-ordinate picking up your instruments and playing at the same time, and a 2nd point for sounding marginally less monotonous than my washing machine.[/quote']

Can we not have a third point just simply cause our guitarist has down-syndrome? I think its only fair.....

Oh well... heres another bland standard band to contribute to todays mainly shite music. I really didn't enjoy this at all and can't see how anyone could like it...Random guitar leads(I really hope they are anyway!), irritating whining, bland as fuck chord progression, another boring band that youll hear next door in captain toms.....at least yourhaving fun(good drummer).

Guest Cowboy Dan
Oh well... heres another bland standard band to contribute to todays mainly shite music. I really didn't enjoy this at all and can't see how anyone could like it...Random guitar leads(I really hope they are anyway!)' date=' irritating whining, bland as fuck chord progression, another boring band that youll hear next door in captain toms.....at least yourhaving fun(good drummer).[/quote']

Wait... My Downfall?

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!! HAHAHAHAHA AH HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Well I never

this really didn't do anything for me' date=' think I'd need to be under 18 and pissed out of my brain to glean any sort of pleasure from it. To be honest, it just conjures up the image of a classroom full of downs-syndrome kids having simultaneous epilleptic fits, and, once the tune finishes, smearing themselves with their own excrement while grinning wildly, waiting for the teacher to give them a gold star.

2/10, 1 point for having the mental capacity to co-ordinate picking up your instruments and playing at the same time, and a 2nd point for sounding marginally less monotonous than my washing machine.[/quote']

I'm touching 40, have a big forehead cause I'm bald and grin alot cause I farted and didn't let on it was me, and think that PV-H are one of Aberdeens better 'thinking' bands! I did see them this once and thought it would be great if they plugged in a washing machine for the third tune. Fucking odd coincidence huh!

I'm also sure a clssroom full of "downs-syndrome kids" know what they fucking like!

10/10 for listening to music outside the box!

Jim (not in Drakes anymore) :rockon:

I'm touching 40' date=' have a big forehead cause I'm bald and grin alot cause I farted and didn't let on it was me, and think that PV-H are one of Aberdeens better 'thinking' bands! I did see them this once and thought it would be great if they plugged in a washing machine for the third tune. Fucking odd coincidence huh!

I'm also sure a clssroom full of "downs-syndrome kids" know what they fucking like!

Jim (not in Drakes anymore) :rockon:[/quote']

Oh jim...after all the nice words i swear you dont look a day over 14!!

I'm touching 40' date=' have a big forehead cause I'm bald and grin alot cause I farted and didn't let on it was me, and think that PV-H are one of Aberdeens better 'thinking' bands! I did see them this once and thought it would be great if they plugged in a washing machine for the third tune. Fucking odd coincidence huh!

Jim (not in Drakes anymore) :rockon:[/quote']

If this is one of aberdeens better "thinking" bands, I think that is a sad indictment of the quality of bands here. Or perhaps, of the audience for this kind of stuff.

The only native band I've heard through this website, that I actually thought deserved to be called "thinking", is the simon gall band, that and philip johnstons solo efforts. You know...something that exudes some sort of finesse, rather than IM A CAVEMAN IM A CAVEMAN HEAR ME ROARRRRRRRRRRRRR lowest common denominator childish noise that simply sounds like frustration more than anything else.

something that exudes some sort of finesse

In all fairness thats just musical taste.....just cause you dont like people screaming/making a noise....doesnt in all honesty make them shit......i have no problem with you disliking our music...or anyone for that matter....but not all music has to have 'finesse' or 'class'....some people like it more raw.....(ie; why so many people are into this 'lowest common denominator childish noise, as you put it')

If this is one of aberdeens better "thinking" bands' date=' I think that is a sad indictment of the quality of bands here. Or perhaps, of the audience for this kind of stuff.

The only native band I've heard through this website, that I actually thought deserved to be called "thinking", is the simon gall band, that and philip johnstons solo efforts. You know...something that exudes some sort of finesse, rather than IM A CAVEMAN IM A CAVEMAN HEAR ME ROARRRRRRRRRRRRR lowest common denominator childish noise that simply sounds like frustration more than anything else.[/quote']

Aye...okay... whatever... I mean obviously P V-H have never been inspred by anything of worth and have tucked themselves away without ever listening to the music 'they' want to listen to. Yer right! They are shit and I will now throw out all my records that made me want to play music! (Pssst... I get it. Sssssh)

And Simon and Phil will be the first to commend folk for doin what they want to do even if they don't like it... I will add no more because I have now lowered myself to a silly argument that I vowed never to do... Time for sleep and dream of a world where we all like one music.... aaaaah the bliss... fields of flowers with gentle breezes and birds chirping... Summer all year long...........ZZZZZZzzzzz

P.S

Don't mistake thinking for chord progressions. I too think what Simon and Phil etc do is rather good! Ooooh look... I like more than one kind of music... Best go stick my head up my arse, again!

Jim

Guest Zeenat Aman

Simon and Phil will be the first to commend folk for doin what they want to do even if they don't like it...

Time for sleep and dream of a world where we all like one music.... aaaaah the bliss... fields of flowers with gentle breezes and birds chirping... Summer all year long...........ZZZZZZzzzzz

P.S

Don't mistake thinking for chord progressions. I too think what Simon and phil etc do is rather good!

Oooh... aaah! Ooer missus!

:D

Aye...okay... whatever... I mean obviously P V-H have never been inspred by anything of worth and have tucked themselves away without ever listening to the music 'they' want to listen to. Yer right! They are shit and I will now throw out all my records that made me want to play music! (Pssst... I get it. Sssssh)

And Simon and Phil will be the first to commend folk for doin what they want to do even if they don't like it... I will add no more because I have now lowered myself to a silly argument that I vowed never to do... Time for sleep and dream of a world where we all like one music.... aaaaah the bliss... fields of flowers with gentle breezes and birds chirping... Summer all year long...........ZZZZZZzzzzz

P.S

Don't mistake thinking for chord progressions. I too think what Simon and phil etc do is rather good! Ooooh look... I like more than one kind of music... Best go stick my head up my arse' date=' again!

Jim[/quote']

I certainly don't want to get into an argument. I mean, sometimes eating at mcdonalds can be quite pleasurable, but nobody in their right mind would compare a big-mac, fries and a milkshake, to a nicely cooked italian meal accompanied by a good bottle of wine.

My idea of a "thinking" band isn't some music-theory-driven, by-the-book exercise in pretentiousness, I don't sit at home listening to perfect renditions of classic music performed by some orchestra, for example. But let's be honest here. This isn't clever music. This is music for the kind of people who laugh at Jackass and Dirty Sanchez, it's like those tv shows in the sense that its puerile, senseless and actually quite degrading and embarassing for those involved, when seen outside of the context of it's juvenile audience.

This is music for the kind of people who laugh at Jackass and Dirty Sanchez' date=' it's like those tv shows in the sense that its puerile, senseless and actually quite degrading and embarassing for those involved, when seen outside of the context of it's juvenile audience.[/quote']

Care to elaborate? Seeing how you just damned everyone who listens to louder music a brainless moron....i think its fair that you engage us with you knowledge of why our musical taste is so degrading and embarassing and yours is apparently as fine as the leather hides used in a rolls royce? When you quite possibly cant, because we are all individual and as individuals we are allowed to make up our own minds on what music we like to listen to/create.....it works the other way round...for instance 'i think your musical taste is really degrading because everyone who listens to it likes watching mastermind and thats just sad......(i know that sounds like crap...but its about as strong an argument as 'everyone who listens to louder music watches jackass')

Guest Zeenat Aman
In all fairness thats just musical taste.....just cause you dont like people screaming/making a noise....doesnt in all honesty make them shit......i have no problem with you disliking our music...or anyone for that matter....but not all music has to have 'finesse' or 'class'....some people like it more raw.....(ie; why so many people are into this 'lowest common denominator childish noise' date=' as you put it')[/quote']

Ah, but one can have finesse and still be raw, ie: John McLaughlin circa 1969 as one example!

This is music for the kind of people who laugh at Jackass and Dirty Sanchez' date=' it's like those tv shows in the sense that its puerile, senseless and actually quite degrading and embarassing for those involved, when seen outside of the context of it's juvenile audience.[/quote']

PVH's music is influenced by legendary bands such as Shellac, Oxes, Blood Brothers....would you say the same about those bands, their music and their 'audience'?!

im presuming you just dont know anything about this style of music and/or bands mentioned?

i'd say PVH's music is influenced by great bands such bands as Shellac' date=' Oxes, Blood Brothers....would you say the same about those bands, their music and their 'audience'?!

im presuming you just dont know anything about this style of music and/or bands mentioned?[/quote']

Yeah I would say the same thing about those bands, their music, their audience, and the genre as a whole.