aberdeen-music

Anyine watch panorama last night?

Skacel

well i dunno, i guess i never really thought about it being so bad, certainly opened my eyes though.

the denial by the club officials to act on it was unbelievable.

when i was down at ibrox in october the rangers fans beside us had orange scarves with 'no surrender' on them.

the guy infront on me had a 'fuck england' scarf and he got kicked out but the rangers fans didnt get kicked out, somethings not right there.

The whole sectarian divide thing seems to be unknown outside of Scotland, but hang about Glasgow on Orange Parade Day and you do get a big surprise.

What bothers me just as much is the casual racism towards the English in Scotland which seems somehow justified, its an inherited racism and most people haven't a scoob about the history behind it. After England have won the football it seems a blind eye is turned to English people getting the shit kicked out of them on Justice Mill Lane.

I once got accused of being English and when I then explained I was from Morayshire but had just lived away quite a while the guy was like "oh right, peace friend." For fuck's sake.

And I could have been lying anyway.

Guest tv tanned
The whole sectarian divide thing seems to be unknown outside of Scotland' date=' but hang about Glasgow on Orange Parade Day and you do get a big surprise.

What bothers me just as much is the casual racism towards the English in Scotland which seems somehow justified, its an inherited racism and most people haven't a scoob about the history behind it. After England have won the football it seems a blind eye is turned to English people getting the shit kicked out of them on Justice Mill Lane.

I once got accused of being English and when I then explained I was from Morayshire but had just lived away quite a while the guy was like "oh right, peace friend." For fuck's sake.

And I could have been lying anyway.[/quote']

When did English people get the shit kicked out of them on Justice Mill Lane regarding football?

And how do you know they had the shit kicked out of them for the simple reason that England won the football?

That example, and your brush with a dickhead, does not seem significant evidence to condemn the Scottish nation.

Guest tv tanned

do you have a point, or is this just another one of your little thread invasions so that you can get a hard on when teenage girls look at it and go 'lol tom, your so kewl'?

Actually I wasn't be unpatriotic, I am Scottish so knocking the country isn't something I tend to do. Its just a funny feeling when you are considered English and realise how much shit English people have to take individually for situations that they have nothing to do with.

"When did English people get the shit kicked out of them on Justice Mill Lane regarding football?"

At least five times when I lived in the city after big games.

"And how do you know they had the shit kicked out of them for the simple reason that England won the football?"

Phrases like "fucking English bastard" being yelled while people in supporters gear were kicking the crap out of them.

"That example, and your brush with a dickhead, does not seem significant evidence to condemn the Scottish nation."

I wasn't condemning the Scottish nation, just that like any other countries its got some racist people living in it too, and unlike most other places the racism is considered okay because its twowards people of the same skin colour and supposedly over political things.

Guest tv tanned

Hey, listen, I am not denying that racism exists, and ignore Tom, he's just an attention-seeking tosser who thinks he's cleverer than he is.

I wasn't suggesting anything to do with patriotism, but to suggest that racism against the English is as fervent as you imply is, I think, overstating things.

There are a number of gripes I have with England, the fact they don't accept our money is one of them. But I don't dislike English people for being English, usually I dislike people for being hypocrites, liars, backstabbers and general pricks. I have plenty of issues with Scottish people on similar lines.

I'll have to take your word for it on the violence thing, I was just curious is all, as I have not seen such actions taking place before.

Guest tv tanned

I handed over a Scottish bank note in Leeds when I was 14, and was told that 'we don't take funny money here'.

The problem continues and I have had problems on numerous occasions since.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
do you have a point' date=' or is this just another one of your little thread invasions so that you can get a hard on when teenage girls look at it and go 'lol tom, your so kewl'?[/quote']

My point is open your eyes pal - your dismissive attitude towards the idea of Scottish louts beating some English people up about some men kicking a pig's bladder around is unforgivably naive, and reeks of pathetic patriotism. That is why, in my precious bid to be deemed 'clever' and a 'thread invader', that I called you a patriot in a contemptious manner.

Guest *alex*
I handed over a Scottish bank note in Leeds when I was 14' date=' and was told that 'we don't take funny money here'.

The problem continues and I have had problems on numerous occasions since.[/quote']

..I used to live in England, in Norfolk, and when i go back to visit i often have this problem, it's because there has been such a huge problem with people handing over "scottish money" which actually turns out to be fake, so can you really blame them? i mean, if you weren't entirely sure it was real, it'd be silly to take it...

also..

'lol tom, your so kewl'? ;)

Guest tv tanned
My point is open your eyes pal - your dismissive attitude towards the idea of Scottish louts beating some English people up about some men kicking a pig's bladder around is unforgivably naive' date=' and reeks of pathetic patriotism. That is why, in my precious bid to be deemed 'clever' and a 'thread invader', that I called you a patriot in a contemptious manner.[/quote']

1. i wasn't dismissive, I acknowledge that there are wankers out there who are Scottish.

2. thanks for proving I was right about you.

i used to go to a lot of rangers games but have stopped going now. i really dont enjoy myself. what i seen on panormama last nights no shock. although it did come as a shock to see the celtic fan slashed from ear to mouth for wearing a celtic top. dont even think he was at the game. 15 aswell i think. disgusting.

for anyone who goes to ibrox its clear to see the biggoted scarves, cds,flags,hats and songs. but it is nowhere near a fair representation of the rangers fans for who of the most part are decent folk. really depends on where your sitting in the crowd.

also the majority of people ive seen chanting the songs are teenagers, most of whom i dont think they even believe what they are chanting. but obviously there is a problem with just cold hearted violence towards each other and whats been tought to them.

panorama showed you them working on stamping it out starting from kids and the next generation. i think its the way forward.its a real shame that this happens in 2005.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
1. i wasn't dismissive' date=' I acknowledge that there are wankers out there who are Scottish.

2. thanks for proving I was right about you.[/quote']

"When did English people get the shit kicked out of them on Justice Mill Lane regarding football?

And how do you know they had the shit kicked out of them for the simple reason that England won the football?

That example, and your brush with a dickhead, does not seem significant evidence to condemn the Scottish nation."

Dismissive. All the guy said was that there is biggotry towards English people in Scotland. Yet you felt the need to instantly step in - "When did this happen then? How do you know it was because they were English?".

Can you explain how i've proved your "attention seeking / sexually aroused by teenage girls laughing at him / thinks he's clever" theory correct then?

I think we all knew it existed, if only around Glasgow.

TV Tanned

Patriotism rarely leads to anything except hatred.

Scottish people mostly in the cities seem quite hidebound towards those who they deem to be different. People from the country and costal towns seem less so.

Your text makes you seem like a highly emotionally strung young man with a curve towards pessimism. Try to calm down a bit and I see a very good lifestyle for you in the future.

TV Tanned