aberdeen-music

100 Greatest Cartoons.

Paulscoconutass

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, I had no idea I'd seen Legend of the Overfiend until I saw those clips of it! I was speaking to Vik about it before it came on, but I thought it was Urotusakadoji! Oh well! I saw it probably 10 years ago too! hehe.

I was pretty impressed with the results. But where was the classics like Centurions, M.A.S.K., Visionaries and possibly the best cartoon of all time Batman: The Animated Series. Why that wasn't in there was just fucking stupid when so much "shit" (if you're watching South Park just now, you'll get that) got in!

is it not

"urotsukidoji : legend of the overfiend"

anyway' date=' i don't know enough about hentai to comment....*ahem*[/quote']

ah is it? okay, that's probably why I thought they were the same thing! hehe!

For anyone who didn't watch it, the order went something like this:

THE 100 GREATEST CARTOONS 1-100

The Simpsons

Tom and Jerry

South Park

Toy Story/Toy Story 2

Family Guy

Shrek/Shrek 2

The Lion King

Spirited Away

The Incredibles

Bugs Bunny

The Flintstones

The Iron Giant

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Finding Nemo

Wallace and Gromit

Akira

Aladdin

The Ren and Stimpy Show

Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies

Princess Mononoke

Monsters, Inc

Popeye

Danger Mouse

Pinnochio

Futurama

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Spongebob Squarepants

Dungeons and Dragons

Daffy Duck

Mickey Mouse

Beavis and Butthead

Beauty and the Beast

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe

Sylvester and Tweetie Pie

Magic Roundabout

Transformers

101 Dalmations

Charlie Brown

Rugrats

King of the Hill

Samurai Jack

Ivor the Engine

Spider-Man

Pokemon

Inspector Gadget

Road Runner

Bod

Scooby Doo, Where Are You?

Donald Duck

The Little Mermaid

2DTV

Fantasia

Thundercats

Winnie the Pooh

Fritz the Cat

The Jungle Book

The Powerpuff Girls

Chicken Run

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

Foghorn Leghorn

Battle of the Planets

Bambi

Top Cat

A Bug's Life

Captain Pugwash

The Snowman

Hong Kong Phooey

Wind in the Willows

Monty Python

Alice in Wonderland

Legend of the Overfiend

Pepe le Pew

Willo the Wisp

Lady and the Tramp

Belleville Rendezvous

The Adventures of Tintin

Noggin the Nog

Peter Pan

Yogi Bear

Barbar

How the Grinch Stole Christmas!

Dumbo

Roobarb

Droopy Dog

Watership Down

Jamie and the Magic Torch

Woody Woodpecker

Felix the Cat

Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels

Mighty Mouse

Animal Farm

Mr Magoo

Queer Duck

Charley Says...

Betty Boop

Huckleberry Hound

Wait till Your Father Gets Home

The Pink Panther

Wacky Races

haha' date=' I had no idea I'd seen Legend of the Overfiend until I saw those clips of it! I was speaking to Vik about it before it came on, but I thought it was Urotusakadoji! Oh well! I saw it probably 10 years ago too! hehe.

I was pretty impressed with the results. But where was the classics like Centurions, M.A.S.K., Visionaries and possibly the best cartoon of all time Batman: The Animated Series. Why that wasn't in there was just fucking stupid when so much "shit" (if you're watching South Park just now, you'll get that) got in![/quote']

Batman: TAS was a great show. A "kids" show drawing of 40's noir was stylist genius, so me and my brother were disappointed by it's absence. Glad to see Samurai Jack in there.

Batman: TAS was a great show. A "kids" show drawing of 40's noir was stylist genius' date=' so me and my brother were disappointed by it's absence. Glad to see Samurai Jack in there.[/quote']

Samurai Jack is Bruce Wayne.

i think everyone wishes they were 5 again (almost)

and that show was balls

they hardly talked about how crap the turtles actulay were

far too much disney, barely any discussion on beavis and butthead

NO GHOSTBUSTERS?

and ghost in the shell wasnt there? (i thought that was the only anime to actulay have an impact on the uk?)

and how fucking obvious was it that the simpsons came first

i think everyone wishes they were 5 again (almost)

and that show was balls

they hardly talked about how crap the turtles actulay were

far too much disney' date=' barely any discussion on beavis and butthead

NO GHOSTBUSTERS?

and ghost in the shell wasnt there? (i thought that was the only anime to actulay have an impact on the uk?)

and how fucking obvious was it that the simpsons came first[/quote']

I didn't even realise Ghostbusters wasn't there! Fuck! I used to love that show (can't stand it now tho).

Turtles had about 2 seconds and even then they used the American opening. We had Teenage Mutant HERO Turtles, not Ninja! Boo!

I said from the get go that Simpsons would be number 1. But then, who'd be stupid to bet against it? It simply is the greatest cartoon ever made! (2nd to the Batman Animated Series)

I didn't even realise Ghostbusters wasn't there! Fuck! I used to love that show (can't stand it now tho).

Turtles had about 2 seconds and even then they used the American opening. We had Teenage Mutant HERO Turtles' date=' not Ninja! Boo!

I said from the get go that Simpsons would be number 1. But then, who'd be stupid to bet against it? It simply is the greatest cartoon ever made! (2nd to the Batman Animated Series)[/quote']

one of my fave cartoon episodes ever is a ghostbusters pilot (the doomsday episode)

i feel that ghostbusters is still watchable today where as turtles (original) makes me laugh due to how shit it was

one of my fave cartoon episodes ever is a ghostbusters pilot (the doomsday episode)

i feel that ghostbusters is still watchable today where as turtles (original) makes me laugh due to how shit it was

I love the fact that the Ghostbusters cartoon took place just after the movie (I'm not sure if it was movie 1 or 2) and they have their movie costumes on at the start then get the new colourful ones.

I honestly can't watch Ghostbusters now, nor TMHT. Both have not stood well against the test of time. Even the new Turtles cartoon is pretty lame. What's with all the fucking intergalactic pish? No need!

The list was fairly dissapointing. No Ghostbusters, defenders of the earth, mysterious cities of gold, around the world with willy fog, robo story, or dogtanian and the three muskahounds!

The 'celebs' were really annoying, and their sole purpose seemed to be to imply that all the cartoons shown were either a) Gay or b) the product of a drug users imagination.

Also they should have either called it greatest animations, or taken out all the non cartoons like chicken run, and the nightmare before christmas.

I also agree that there was far too much Disney. I counted at least 15, including the lion king, and winnie the pooh, which are not Disneys finest moments by any stretch of the imagination.

Finally did anyone else think that south park was far too highly ranked?? It was at number 3, where Beavis and Butt-head and King of the Hill were way down in the 30's and 40's.

I missed it, but the usual "weren't the names in Captain Pugwash dodgy" myths and "all children's shows of the 70s were concieved on drugs" comments exasperate me. Children's shows of that era were concieved by some wonderfully talented and imaginative people (I have been lucky enough to work with some of them) and people like Gina yashere seem to think that if something is far out or imaginative it couldn't possibly be the product of a talented mind, it could only be through drugs!

I thought it was ok unitl i realised how many good ones were missed.

Dogtanian, Visionaries, Mr Benn, Super Ted, King Rollo (wasn't the biggest fan but i thought it would be there).

I wasn't sure about all the cgi films being included, they're not really "cartoons" are they.

The order of the disney films was a bit strange, 101 Dalmations over Jungel Book?

I wont complain about numbers 1&2 though.

i thought that there would be an awful lot more 80's cartoons in the mix as i assumed the majority of the people voting would be ages 16 - 35 or there abouts. sure they had thundercats, heman and teenage muntant ninja turtles, but where was gummy bears, count dukula and the racoons?!!!

and aladdin scoring higher than the little mermaid? give me a large dose of wtf.

i feel i should be holding a big placard saying "GUESS WHAT I'M FEMALE!!!" at this point.