aberdeen-music

25th Kef weeping jesus, Reasons are red...

empty-words

Firstly id like to say sorry to anyone who went to see Weeping Jesus and got 10 mins of music from us, It was due to a certain band who will remain nameless. But what did you guys think of the gig?

I didnt see the first band but the second band (dunno there name) were fuckin rockin, realy solid set, realy got into the music, i thought they fuckin ruled.

The third band were cool as well. They were something different, cool experemental stuff.

RaR not my kind of thing but alot of people enjoyed there set and they are obviously good at what they do.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The second band were pure lead. Their website is www.purelead.co.uk I believe.

I'd just like to say that I thought that the first band (Indigo Blue?) were really good. Their drummer excells and had a great tight sound. Indeed I reckon they pretty much prove you just dont NEED a bassist at all.

The lead guitarist had a terrible case of 'scoop out all the mids' syndrome :nono: but without a bassist the low end didn't muddy up and the 2nd guitars sound fitted right in the middle of the scoop, its a fascinating and refreshing way of building a bands sound but its the only time I'll ever condone scooping. Sounded real professional. One of the songs had some nice punchy stop-starts but I reckon the tunes could be catchier.

Missed the rest of the night, oh well :)

To be honest, the headlining band, was it weeping jesus? Were awful! The singer didn't appear to have words and it looked like he was making them up on the spot. I don't think he could have said "fuck yeah" anymore times. The sound was pretty bad, they had no stand out tunes, and overall, were awful!

p.s. If you are going to do blastbeats, make sure they are time.

To be honest' date=' the headlining band, was it weeping jesus? Were awful! The singer didn't appear to have words and it looked like he was making them up on the spot. I don't think he could have said "fuck yeah" anymore times. The sound was pretty bad, they had no stand out tunes, and overall, were awful!

p.s. If you are going to do blastbeats, make sure they are time.[/quote']

I agree we were not at our best, this is because we originaly had 30min set and because of OTHER PEOPLE fucking about we were given 10mins. So we had to change everything on the spot. Put yourself in our position dickhead.

p.s. if you going to critisize try and make it usefull.

Guest Cowboy Dan
To be honest' date=' the headlining band, was it weeping jesus? Were awful! The singer didn't appear to have words and it looked like he was making them up on the spot. I don't think he could have said "fuck yeah" anymore times. The sound was pretty bad, they had no stand out tunes, and overall, were awful![/quote']
I agree we were not at our best' date=' this is because we originaly had 30min set and because of OTHER PEOPLE fucking about we were given 10mins. So we had to change everything on the spot. Put yourself in our position dickhead.

p.s. if you going to critisize try and make it usefull.[/quote']

1.Work on your lyrics and make sure you know them perfectly

2.Take the time to know how to use your equipment properly and get the best sound from it

3.Work on the blastbeats in order to keep them in time with everything else

Are you fucking stupid "empty words"? There were numerous useful things in what Murray said.

BOO HOO your set was cut and you had to change "everything". Well as far as I can see, the only thing you'd have to change if your set was cut would be the number of songs you'd play therefore not really affecting your performance of the songs in any way.

If Murray was in your position i'm sure the band would just have to accept it as something that happens sometimes when playing gigs and get on with it and try to do their best to impress in the time they had, get over it you nerd.

Haha oh here it comes, the classic thing to say from a band who wants some feedback. Someone tells them what they thought, and they are branded a dickhead. very original!! Right so you had to change everything?? Why was that? You only had 10 minutes to play, so you had to change some of your songs? Why didn't you just play 3 songs you knew and that you knew you were tight at? No need to go and change everything!

Haha, yes i have been in your position many times before,i've even turned up to venues that have taken us hours to get to, only to be told i wasn't old enough to play! however you just get on with it. If you play for 30 minutes, rock it! If you play for 10 minutes, rock it as much as you can in that space. Don't just moan and make excuses. I know if i went to see a band, and they only got to play for 10 minutes but played very well and impressed me, time wouldn't matter, cause they were still a good band, which you guys aren't...YET!

Tell me, how does time change the way you play and sound? Fair enough you might think oh shit only a few more minutes left lets rush through this, but how would that affect what the band as a whole play? I am not having a dig like you so kindly did to me as i don't know you, i am just telling you what i thought as an individual! I am also asking you these questions, as what you have said, is a load of shit and as a passionate member of your band, you should think about what i've asked and use it to learn from your mistakes and maybe next time you play for 10 minutes you won't think aw shit that's totally unfair but get on with it and put on a good show. However that may take some time, as you need practice! Don't just write a couple of tunes and then think "yeah we can play a show". Practice them over and over and over until you get really tight, then play a show and impress!

Not a dig, just an observation.

Murray.

I agree we were not at our best' date=' this is because we originaly had 30min set and because of OTHER PEOPLE fucking about we were given 10mins. So we had to change everything on the spot. Put yourself in our position dickhead.

p.s. if you going to critisize try and make it usefull.[/quote']

That happened to us once. We were supposed to play a 35 minute set but due to another band fucking the hell up we only got 30 minutes. What a bunch of cock suckers! So instead of us playing our original material which we knew, we had to perform Hank William covers we didn't. I didn't know any of the lyrics, the songs or what the fuck I was doing.

In case you can't tell, I'm taking the piss.

Go fall through your arsehole and break your fucking neck you prick.

Gentlemen....

Please.. stick to topic

Reading into this it sounds like a bands that weren`t quite ready to gig played a gig. They were put under pressure due to bands over running (I assume) and thus didn`t quite know what to do.

These things always happen when you are in a band....

Personally I always asked to go on first. Mainly as you are more prone to getting decent supports etc if you always ask to go on first. You also always get a line check and you can even have intro music and set the atmosphere.

It also stops the drummer getting too pissed!

Anyone want to give me suction ?

If you buy 600 Sikth tickets that are now on sale from One Up' date=' The Bassment and [url']www.seetickets.com

I`ll definately consider it....

However..... if you then also buy all of the A tickets that are on sale then I`ll definately do it.

xxxxdirtyxxxpromoterxxxcorexxx

is it 6 or 8 squid for a ticket covered in your juice

Because it`s the Only Scottish date then tickets are 8. Cheaper from the Bassment in person.

Should hopefully be tickets for sale in Moshulu also just incase you are interested... Although only from the back room and in cash.

I have been to all of weeping jesus gig and I know there last one wasnt there best but If u had seen them at the moorings and the first time they played at kef u would see that they are a good band. Ok there gig was a bit disapointing but one averge gig does not make them a bad band.