aberdeen-music

exodus tomorrow night

Laxton's Superb

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ancient Mariner
Guilty' date=' yer honour. I would have gotten away with it too...if it weren't for those pesky kids.[/quote']

Mind you, you've found a groupie in the "lovely" Christine. She was like the improbably glamourous assistant to your Dr.Livingstone

Guest Ancient Mariner
Chrissie's a lovely girl' date=' and she gave me a very nice present last night.

Minds out of gutter, boys...[/quote']

they were never in the gutter, we were just observing the shortness of her shorts, and their suitability for the plains of Tanzania

Guest Ancient Mariner

Dave, the future of mankind is dependent on you playing "Temptation" by New Order this Saturday, to assist this genetic heavyweight in finding a mate while still in his prime. Why would a genetic heavyweight need assistance in finding a mate, you may well ask. Because the price for my brains and beauty was the curse of intense shyness, and I feel that this song is perfect for breaking down those barriers.

Some other suggestions, if you're struggling:

PJ Harvey- The Letter

Arcade Fire - Neighbourhood #1

Seafood - Western Soldier

and how about Volunteers by Jefferson Airplane for this weeks retro classic?

Guest Ancient Mariner
YOU suffer from shyness? you dont know the meaning of the word! in comparison to me anyways.......barriers to whom? sarah?

Any healthy young northern maidens, through which humanity can be improved via our breeding

Guest Ancient Mariner
Stop using these boards to perpetuate the myth of aryan genetic superiority

but

Keep using Saturday nights in order to get laid...

Well, yeah, it was just a round-about way of saying that ;)

So, Temptation, yes? I'll be ready to make my move at, let's say, 01:33?

Some other suggestions' date=' if you're struggling:

PJ Harvey- The Letter

Arcade Fire - Neighbourhood #1

Seafood - Western Soldier

and how about Volunteers by Jefferson Airplane for this weeks retro classic?[/quote']

He text me just the other hour telling me he as in a panic and struggling for CDs and whether or not I could bring some of the discs from 'the land of heavy rock' that I inhabit :p

Guest Ancient Mariner
He text me just the other hour telling me he as in a panic and struggling for CDs and whether or not I could bring some of the discs from 'the land of heavy rock' that I inhabit :p

Struggling for CDs doesn't necessarily mean struggling for tracks. I'll drop off "25 Years - The Best of Rough Trade shops" at the DJ booth on Saturday, from which you can pluck:

Nag Nag Nag - Cabaret Voltaire

T.V.O.D - The Normal

Boredom - The Buzzcocks

Ambition - Subway Sect

Fuck the pain away - Peaches

....anything to avoid a heavy rock end! (or are you talking about Friday?)

Guest Ancient Mariner
HEAVY ROCK!

I'm bringing my brand spanking new Queens Of The Stone Age album and am planning a set composed entirely of non-singles.

It can't be allowed! For a start, nothing would be sweeter to Malcolm (Narc)'s ears (except perhaps an affirmative answer from Trudi!), and Hounds of Love, This Modern Love and Float On are essential to a Saturday night

Don't forget,it is an "indie and retro rock" nite, it says so in the Evening Express!

It can't be allowed! For a start' date=' nothing would be sweeter to Malcolm (Narc)'s ears (except perhaps an affirmative answer from Trudi!), and Hounds of Love, This Modern Love and Float On are essential to a Saturday night

Don't forget,it is an "indie and retro rock" nite, it says so in the Evening Express![/quote']

Aye Dave can play those tunes for you - I'm revolting!

Truer words never spoken :p

Nah hopefully I'll be soberish after SHIFT and will be spinning some pleasing tunes to the early crowd people. You never turn up before 1 or so anyways so it wouldn't even affect you! ;)