aberdeen-music

cobain - drummonds tonite

ian quik

What about being in a band and playing an cover or two within your set because you find it fun? That's personally what I'd like to do. Maybe just one song that fits nicely with your own music or something you can do you own take on...but would people still bitch if that song was a Nirvana song?

The odd cover is ok if it means a lot to you, but trying to be someone you're not is pointless; i think if you ever want to do something worthwhile with music then you have to compose yourself. I like Nirvana, In Utero is a very decent album, but they are too hyped and Nirvana tributes are ridiculous and too obvious.

Say what you want - you do get decent cover bands. Yes, these people can sometimes be complete crap on toast, but I have gone to covers that I enjoyed. Another thing - lots of bands do cover songs during a set (not cover bands, just out of respect for a song) and have sounded good.

Anyway, it's not like I'm going to see the real nirvana playing soon, is it? I love listening to their albums, and going to live concerts is fun. So why should I be ashamed of going?

*rant finished*