aberdeen-music

Do many local bands release singles?

Hog

Guest tv tanned
Nope' date=' there were a 1000 whopping copies of that done, we did a wee 4 track thing for the launch of our old webite, I think it had an alternative/distorted mix of 'Get Tattooed', our cover of the Clash's 'Clampdown' and two unreleased songs (one of which we never played live), 'Coincidence Design' and 'Needs Must When The Devil Drives'. No one in Aberdeen bought it ;)[/quote']

LIES! I have a copy in my house.

Not sure what your angle is

see I dont see the point of doing music that could be mistaken as being part of any current bandwagon of ANY DESCRIPTION

we played a lot of Franz style (lets say retro 80s nu wave then) indie/disco crossover material a couple of years ago and then realised that everyone in Scotland suddenly wanted to do the same once FF got famous for it. Hence bandwagon. Not saying we were in the same league as them quality wise at all' date=' but to me a quick body swerve was needed to keep our sense of differentness to mass consumtion music intact. I like music to be different especially if its something Im involved in.......is this a crime against the record industry or something????

doing your own thang is def more important than chasing down some kind of elusive rock star dream cos thats fucking stupid and doomed to fail

so Im still nae sure w.t.f. your point is

ironically enuff Franz do have RS CDs cos we exchanged em in chats in the pub at SXSW last year (before they were ''millionaires'' obviously)....... it was all samey nu wave at that festival and the only thing that exited us was the Japanese punk bands :love: .....[/quote']

My angle is the tone of your post was that you were personally taking resonsibility for the genre, that it was you who started it all off and everyone else copied you.

I feel sorry for you if you're so concerned with the 'bandwagons' that it stops you believing in the music you do, if because other people are doing a similar thing you have to reinvent yourselves, it seems to me the antithesis of being true to the music you love if as soon as other people like the music you love you feel the need to change it. If you believed in what you were doing why would you feel the need to reinvent yourself so completely in fear that people might think you're on a bandwagon. It seems to me that you seem to want to change because you're chasing the rock star dream, you want to be original enough that people will take notice, if you're playing for yourself why do you worry people thinking you're on a bandwagon. If you believed in the Real Shocks enough to invest the money and time going to SXSW then why reinvent yourself a matter of months later, I can see you want to be different, but it seems being different is more important than standing by the body of your work it seems a bit fickle, my comment was basically on you taking credit for bands like FF, which was ludicrous.

Cheers

Stuart

My angle is the tone of your post was that you were personally taking resonsibility for the genre' date=' that it was you who started it all off and everyone else copied you.

I feel sorry for you if you're so concerned with the 'bandwagons' that it stops you believing in the music you do, if because other people are doing a similar thing you have to reinvent yourselves, it seems to me the antithesis of being true to the music you love if as soon as other people like the music you love you feel the need to change it. If you believed in what you were doing why would you feel the need to reinvent yourself so completely in fear that people might think you're on a bandwagon. It seems to me that you seem to want to change because you're chasing the rock star dream, you want to be original enough that people will take notice, if you're playing for yourself why do you worry people thinking you're on a bandwagon. If you believed in the Real Shocks enough to invest the money and time going to SXSW then why reinvent yourself a matter of months later, I can see you want to be different, but it seems being different is more important than standing by the body of your work it seems a bit fickle, my comment was basically on you taking credit for bands like FF, which was ludicrous.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

sorry sir I think youve missed the point completely, then warped the missed point, then invented something that matches tyour psychology not mine........ and maybe you also had your sense of humour removed

but thanks for detailed analysis of something a career muso will never understand....the desire to do something NEW FOR YOURSELF and fuck what anyone else wants

also >>>>>> IF A SOUND/STYLE IS ALREADY ON THE FUCKING RADIO ALL DAY- WHY THE FUCK WOULD ANYONE WANT TO BE IN A BAND THAT SOUNDS LIKE WHATS ALREADY ON THE FUCKING RADIO ALL DAY (this is beyond me honestly!!!!!!!)

it would be far easier to just switch on the radio and just have a nice relaxing listen to it than write / rehearse / record for a zillion hours to get a new sound (YOUR OWN SOUND) that you might actually get some satisfaction from hearing

''body of your work'' ....W.T.F is that about!!!! :help:

and I woulndt dream of ''taking credit'' for something that I dont rate, that wouldnt actually make any sense (did I EVEN mention FF before anyone else made that assumtion.....dunno I would check if I was bored enough)

*another vidjo plods in*

HELLO!!!

Erm... we decided to stop the nu-wave thing - y'know, it's sooooo hip right now, my gawd! - not as a sudden stop.... we didnt go "whoooooa horsey... let's axe everything we have right now"... we basically progressed into a different sound so as not to sound like a "OMG You wanna be just like Franz my god!" band... we then rewrote a lot of stuff and as quality goes... WE - being the band i.e: the people the matter most... oh shoot us for being selfish. - are now much happier doing what we do now, we are better at writing the music we do now than we were at writing nu-wave songs.

Evolution... progression... either way we still haven't lost interest from the main body of people who liked us before... sure it's taken us time to do this.... but the time lost is our time... as far as interest goes... if anything we have gained it from being locked away.

So where's the lose?

*shrugs*

2nd last thing I had released was a nice 12" vinyl release. Even amongst dance music ( it was an acid jazz thang btw) vinyl is gettin rarer, lots of dj's are swapping over to digital. Never had an album out, but a few pish rave tunes I did years back did sneak on to the odd double cd/12 ministry of sound type compilation that quickly (and correctly ) dissappeared into bargain bins everywhere.

*another vidjo plods in*

HELLO!!!

Erm... we decided to stop the nu-wave thing - y'know' date=' it's sooooo hip right now, my gawd! - not as a sudden stop.... we didnt go "whoooooa horsey... let's axe everything we have right now"... we basically progressed into a different sound so as not to sound like a "OMG You wanna be just like Franz my god!" band... we then rewrote a lot of stuff and as quality goes... WE - being the band i.e: the people the matter most... oh shoot us for being selfish. - are now much happier doing what we do now, we are better at writing the music we do now than we were at writing nu-wave songs.

Evolution... progression... either way we still haven't lost interest from the main body of people who liked us before... sure it's taken us time to do this.... but the time lost is our time... as far as interest goes... if anything we have gained it from being locked away.

So where's the lose?

*shrugs*[/quote']

I know

*shrugs also*

deez punk ass bitches hate us no matter what we does