aberdeen-music

O' God The Aftermath

Guest Nikola Tesla

The Chariot are listened to by almost every poseur in the world. They are the biggest 'cool' hype band the hit the hardcore scene! Heck look through the chariot's myspace page and you'll see that.

Norma Jean's new sound may be less harsh than the old one but it doesnt make it necessarily any worse than the old sound' date=' or would you prefer a band just kept regurgitating their first releases?[/quote']

For me any noise/grind band that uses melodic vocals doesn't seem right.

Whenever a band does this in their music when changing their style it seems to me that either a - they want to sell more records or b - the record lable is turning the screw on them to have more financial gain on the band. Either way it's wrong

Guest Nikola Tesla

Whenever a band does this in their music when changing their style it seems to me that either a - they want to sell more records or b - the record lable is turning the screw on them to have more financial gain on the band. Either way it's wrong

Well ok you saying that you don't like melodic vocals in Noise/Grind bands is cool, although the rest of it is a tad elitist. How do you know that it's pressure to sell more records?? Bands may just want to experiment with their talents and see what happens as an outcome?

The Chariot are listened to by almost every poseur in the world. They are the biggest 'cool' hype band the hit the hardcore scene! Heck look through the chariot's myspace page and you'll see that.

Norma Jean's new sound may be less harsh than the old one but it doesnt make it necessarily any worse than the old sound' date=' or would you prefer a band just kept regurgitating their first releases?[/quote']

to be fair, the only reason The Chariot are getting all this hype is because it's the ex-frontman of NJ screaming on the album. Or do you reckon they would have gotten the same attention if he wasn't in the band?

to be fair' date=' the only reason The Chariot are getting all this hype is because it's the ex-frontman of NJ screaming on the album. Or do you reckon they would have gotten the same attention if he wasn't in the band?[/quote']

Agreed. I don't think they'd have achieved nearly the same reception if it wasn't for Scogan. And I agree that people get sick of screaming all the time - it detracts from the message when everyone hollers like a dog on fire.

Or maybe they want to experiment a bit...dude...your opinions are totally shit....so so bad...

Why should a band who are noise/grind be considered a 'sell out' because they have melodic vocals....?

That was a really elitist and shit thing to say....

Melodic vocals break up a 35 minute album of nothing but screaming....

xXscottXx

hello

cant get my comp to play the new songs on pure volume. find it difficult for it to beat some of the songs of bless the martyr.....

the chariot are ace also... so what if they have become "cool" or "trendoid"

its probably not the bands choice they became like that.... more cos of reasons like xmatthewx promoting them by wearing t shirts and people sticking them all over lj and myspace etc .... it gets cool to like them

doesnt stop the band from kicking ass

fuck why wont this bastard just play the new nj stuff

Well ok you saying that you don't like melodic vocals in Noise/Grind bands is cool' date=' although the rest of it is a tad elitist. How do you know that it's pressure to sell more records?? Bands may just want to experiment with their talents and see what happens as an outcome?[/quote']

The system does work both ways, need i say american head charge being made to re-record their cd 5 times?? The facts are there, you just need to look for them

Or maybe they want to experiment a bit...dude...your opinions are totally shit....so so bad...

Why should a band who are noise/grind be considered a 'sell out' because they have melodic vocals....?

That was a really elitist and shit thing to say....

xXscottXx

Seems to me that you really don't know much about the grindcore/noise genre.

agreed,being agressive is all well and good-a lot of people like it a lot,i certainly don't mind it but listening to a whole album of nothing but screaming gets boring,just like any other genre of music-putting something just a little bit different to their normal sound in here and there can make it a far more interesting listen