aberdeen-music

O' God The Aftermath

Guest Nikola Tesla

Guest Nikola Tesla

Anyone heard the tracks posted online from Norma Jean's new album 'O God The Aftermath?' They're pretty cool by all acounts, abeit not as good as Bless The Martyr Kiss The Child, but i think that could just be problems with streaming. Anyway here's a link if anyone wants to check it out...

http://www.purevolume.com/normajean

I've heard the album, and its OK - not a PATCH on "Bless The Martyr" and the Chariot album is much more interesting. Dunno about it being "trendoid", mind. If ya like The Chariot so much Rune, can't see why you can't dig the new NJ one at least a little....

Ruined - if you open up a certain programme on yer pooter - yep, that one with the little blue bird on it - and type in "medichi" as a user, message me I'll list you. Not for file sharing, oh no.

D'ya think Neil noticed?

The more melodic vocals in some of the tracks put me off' date='

the chariot has way more energy and presence in their sound for me

[/quote']

I agree, the Chariot album is MUCH better, and kinda flows bteer as an album. "Bless the Martyr" was a truly great album, but they've removed all the awesome beatdown-vox ("Like bringing a knife to a gunfight" "She Simply Will Not Die") and replaced them with the more melodic vox. Dunno if they were going for an Envy vibe, but it does remove some of the punch.....

Guest Nikola Tesla
I have heard the cd and think it's shit' date=' nothing more than a trendoids band.[/quote']

The Chariot are basicly a 'trendiod' band! Every single fashion core kid seems to have them in their listening section, plus they just sound like Norma Jean did on Bless The Martyr Kiss The Child. This said i'm quite fond of a couple of their songs, i just think they're a bit over hyped.

On the subject of the Norma Jean record, i finaly got hold of it. Kinda a disapointment in comparision to their earlier release. They seem to have tried to become Botch/Coalesce instead of developing their own style..... Hum

The Chariot are basicly a 'trendiod' band! Every single fashion core kid seems to have them in their listening section' date=' plus they just sound like Norma Jean did on Bless The Martyr Kiss The Child. This said i'm quite fond of a couple of their songs, i just think they're a bit over hyped.

On the subject of the Norma Jean record, i finaly got hold of it. Kinda a disapointment in comparision to their earlier release. They seem to have tried to become Botch/Coalesce instead of developing their own style..... Hum[/quote']

I always considered the chariot to have a far more harsher sound

From what I heard, I thought I was gonna hate the new Norma Jean stuff but the songs on purevolume rock pretty hard. The melodic vocals seemed to fit in quite well.

As with 'Bless The Martyr...' though, I think it's gonna be a case of flow throughout the album.

Still haven't checked out The Chariot. I was under the impression that the album sounds like a more extreme 'Bless The Martyr...'.

It's all about Misery Signals.

Fuck yeah!

And I agree with Stuart...The Chariot are the trendoid band of the 2...

Everyone seems to have forgotten about NJ...and everyone is having a shit over the Chariot...

ah well...whatever...

NJ are still fucking awesome....no one can disagree....

They have kinda lost that Isis-ish element to their sound....but have gone for a much more flowing style...

Awesome!

xXscottXx

Fuck yeah!

And I agree with Stuart...The Chariot are the trendoid band of the 2...

Everyone seems to have forgotten about NJ...and everyone is having a shit over the Chariot...

ah well...whatever...

NJ are still fucking awesome....no one can disagree....

They have kinda lost that Isis-ish element to their sound....but have gone for a much more flowing style...

Awesome!

xXscottXx

How can you consider that a band like NJ that does have a softer sound when compared against the chariot ??

The chariot have far more of an aggresive sound, so how can you state that the chariot is more of a trend?

Bands that are part of the scene or a trend in generally have a softer, more acceptable sound so they can become more commercially viable.

If what you said had any credibility, bands with a harsher more aggressive sound would be

a trend. That simply is not true. There is no way bands such a pig destroyer, phobia, anal cunt, agoraphobic nosebleed etc etc etc can be classed as a trendoid band

if you must know Agoraphobic nosebleed and anal cunt are very trendy bands

im fed up with these neds wearing disgust t shirts

I guess that means they make lots of cash hahaaaaaaaaaa

Get SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next thing you know they will be on top of the pop and on the front of smash hits.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
There is no way bands such a pig destroyer' date=' phobia, anal cunt, agoraphobic nosebleed etc etc etc can be classed as a trendoid band[/quote']

Four great bands, right enough, but they're some of the more well-known bands of that ilk, not too difficult to pick up their releases. Dig a little deeper, there's an amazing number of gems you could unearth.

Nice to see that my comments aren't accepted with the trendoid community, guess that means i'm not an EMO kid hahaaaaa.

Because to be emo you need to get recognition from your piers. I'm still holding out for zero points go, i really do want to go all the way and distance myself from a large part of this shit community :)

Four great bands' date=' right enough, but they're some of the more well-known bands of that ilk, not too difficult to pick up their releases. Dig a little deeper, there's an amazing number of gems you could unearth.[/quote']

Testing my knowledge eh? Well here you go :)

Torsofuck, cumchrist, Asshole parade, cunt grinder, anal vomit.

I could go on but i wont ;)

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Testing my knowledge eh? Well here you go :)

Torsofuck' date=' cumchrist, Asshole parade, cunt grinder, anal vomit.

I could go on but i wont ;)[/quote']

Lovely stuff, you'll do for me.

Guest Nikola Tesla
How can you consider that a band like NJ that does have a softer sound when compared against the chariot ??

The chariot have far more of an aggresive sound' date=' so how can you state that the chariot is more of a trend?

Bands that are part of the scene or a trend in generally have a softer, more acceptable sound so they can become more commercially viable.

[/quote']

The Chariot are listened to by almost every poseur in the world. They are the biggest 'cool' hype band the hit the hardcore scene! Heck look through the chariot's myspace page and you'll see that.

Norma Jean's new sound may be less harsh than the old one but it doesnt make it necessarily any worse than the old sound, or would you prefer a band just kept regurgitating their first releases?