aberdeen-music

Lead Guitarist wanted to start new R'n'R band

Shonuff

Howz it goin,

Vocalist,guitarist,drummer and bass player looking for Lead guitarist to complete line up to start new R'n'R band. Influences in no particular order : Led Zep, RHCP, Kasabian, G'N'R, Velvet Revolver, The Black Keys, Foo Fighters, Oasis, Death in Vegas, AC/DC, The Datsuns, The Black Crowes....etc.

Have arranged rehearsal space that can be used 3 times a week for free. Must have own amp,leads etc that you can take along with you.

So if you're interseted drop me a message

Cheers

hey mate

Alright chief,

My name is Neil. I been playing guitar for about 4 years, have an epiphone SG, 100 watt amp and leads and can make practise 3 times a week. However, when u mention that you like ACDC and Guns, do you mean that level of soloin. Cos, I am alright, a bit rusty cos its been a while but I can bash out some good melodic work and played lead before in ma own band the Fontains

I also may be handy creatively, have a lot of shit in a back catalogue of about 20 songs and can sing harmonies or whatever,

Basically, if you're lookin for a young Jimmy Page I ain't he, but if you want a solid confident guitarist and a half decent songwriter give me a beel back and maybe I can jam with you guys?

Ok, sounds interesting

My name's James (18yrs)i've been playing guitar for about 4 and a half years, i play a 28 year old strat but i've only got a small amp(15w). I would describe myself as a blues lead guitarist, i can solo all day but i dont think i could slam down any sweet child o mine solos without a shit load of practice. I play about 2 hours a day on average as i love playing, never been in a band before.

I am a big fan of led zep, but i have to say that Hendrix and Stevie Ray are my biggest influences. Practise 3 times a week would be fine. I am planning to get a better amp, prob marshall 60, once i sell my yamaha sgv.

So if ur up for a more expressive guitarist than usual give me a shout.

Hey there, like the other guys here have said, I'm no Slash or Jimmy Page, but I can do a bit of lead work, lead licks and whack out the odd pentatonic scale here and there. I write a lot of material which might suit the band: Demos see what you think. I'm able to jam any night of the week at the moment and all day on wednesday, saturday and sunday. Drop me a line if you're interested.

~Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Shonuff,

Been playin guitar for nine years now, been in two bands but nothin much has came of them (mainly because people left). Anyways, influences are zeppelin, acdc, hendrix, datsuns, g n'r amoungst many others. so pretty similar i think.

Got five guitars, favourite of which is my strat, and a 150W marshall amp, can also borrow extra speakers from mate for gigs etc.

oh yeah, im just 18, but have car so gettin to rehearsal and gigs is no prob.

if your interested in jammin some time and seeing how things turn out drop me an email or reply. mooga123@hotmail.com

Hey.Im a 24 year old guitarist who loves g`n`r.Having grown up with their tunes and having slash as a major influence,his style of playing is probably the best one i can compare myself to.Have a gibson les paul goldtop but no amp as yet as my old one is minced.