aberdeen-music

Dan vs Mike Goldsworthy aka MMW vs Proceed

Inkster

I have to say Proceed are better :band:

I'd agree with you to be honest. Although I've not seen them live, on record Proceed are amazing.

However, My Mind's Weapon have been a band for just over a year, and Proceed have been a band for about 4 years. Their album alone took over a year to record whereas we have infinitely less time as we record in a studio rather than at home.

I'd agree with you to be honest. Although I've not seen them live' date=' on record Proceed are amazing.

However, My Mind's Weapon have been a band for just over a year, and Proceed have been a band for about 4 years. Their album alone took over a year to record whereas we have infinitely less time as we record in a studio rather than at home.[/quote']

Thanks for your honest comments. Very much appreciated. At least you had your say on this topic unlike everyone else who try to be funny but aren't.

Does your bro having this band inspire you to become better than them or do you not have a rivalry like that?

Thanks for your honest comments. Very much appreciated. At least you had your say on this topic unlike everyone else who try to be funny but aren't.

Does your bro having this band inspire you to become better than them or do you not have a rivalry like that?

We're not competetive like that... I'm not inspired by trying to be better than people -I do what I enjoy and to the best of my ability. And anyway you really can't compare the two bands as being Mike Vs Dan for many reasons. For instance my brother doesn't write any of the proceed material (the other guitarist - Dan Lancaster is the mastermind behind the band) because my brother joined the band years after they formed. He also has another band that he writes all the stuff for... they should be gigging soon.

I might add that age-wise (excluding myself and ben) proceed are the same age as the rest of mmw. Also, like i said before, I don't know what they're like live and I'd say playing live is a stronger point of mmw...

Finally if I was really worried that people thought my younger bro's band was better than mine then I wouldn't have posted anything up here. I personally think they're awsome and thought I'd just give them a bit of respect here.

I wasn't meanin to cause offence by comparin you guys.I just thought you might have a friendly rivalry sorta thing.As in like rivalry with your mates bands or whatever.

Good luck to you both :band::rockon:

No offence taken!

And for that matter I never take offence when someone says my band isn't as good as another band because (I say this a lot) MUSIC IS SUBJECTIVE. Not a lot of people seem to understand that.

Is Mike a better guitarist though? *Hog treads carefully* Which one of you guys picked up guitar first? Just wondering :cheers:

well in terms of soloing - i have the upper hand, but he can do a load of jazz/obscure chords and finger picking that is way past my ability. He also had guitar lessons for a year or so which really helped him.

he started on the guitar about half a year after me, although he is 2 and a half years younger.