aberdeen-music

tracing IPs

Daniel

its along story that i wont get into,

but ill sum it up,

he addmited liking young girls and i have a picture of him, hes somhow gatherd info from my computer, he knows; my full name, the browser im using, downloads, dates.

im hoping his surname is part of his ip so i can hold it agaist him.

hes come up to aberdeen before and threatend to kill one of my freinds.

i only added him on monday aswell

its along story that i wont get into' date='

but ill sum it up,

he addmited liking young girls and i have a picture of him, hes somhow gatherd info from my computer, he knows; my full name, the browser im using, downloads, dates.

im hoping his surname is part of his ip so i can hold it agaist him.

hes come up to aberdeen before and threatend to kill one of my freinds.

i only added him on monday aswell[/quote']

Try doing a virus check. If he knows that informations, he's likely gaining info from your computer.

yeh its absoulotly mad' date=' i can't beleive i added him[/quote']

Got to download.com & get "spybot search & destroy" and "adaware" to make sure there's no spyware on your PC. make sure you have a firewall (zone alarm, maybe) as well to ensure he doesn't get access to your PC. And, obviously, your Virus Software should be up to date to make sure he doesn't infect you with anything.

Don't reply to his emails - i'm sure he'l get bored - and block him on MSN so he can't contact you that way.

Make sure you keep copies of anything he sends you, especially if he is threatning you.

I'd also advice going to the Police if you think you're in danger.

Oh, and don't talk to weird people on the internet (unless they're giving you advice on protecting your PC!).

The best thing you can do is block you ip address, but then most ip addresses are randomly assigned by your ISP and therefore change everytime you log onto the internet. My best advice is to block him, get in touch with the police and give them all the information you have, as what he is doing is basically harassment, and if you are right about him liking young girls, there is a strong chance that he maybe involved in internet paedophilia.

To hide your IP address try this

http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/ - for virus protection

www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp - to control programs acessing the internet i.e. stopping wotever he is using to watch u

both free and both good. and if he likes young girls cudnt u tell the plolice?

he hasen't done anything im aware of put he told us because i was told us and he wasen't fucking around, i don't really want to get involved aslong as he doesen't do anything really stipid

no offence like' date=' but if you think a surname forms part of an IP then the chances of this guy actually having your details and having infected your pc are pretty small.[/quote']

How does The Hacked's knowledge on the subject have anything to do with The Hacker's ability to go about his business?

How does The Hacked's knowledge on the subject have anything to do with The Hacker's ability to go about his business?

If the 'hackee' doesn't know what an IP address is ('is it part of surname') then how can he know for sure the 'hacker' does indeed have his IP. ya follow?

ergo hacker is praying on the limited knowledge the hackee has on teh subject - scaremongering.

If the 'hackee' doesn't know what an IP address is ('is it part of surname') then how can he know for sure the 'hacker' does indeed have his IP. ya follow?

ergo hacker is praying on the limited knowledge the hackee has on teh subject - scaremongering.

i dont think hes a big shot hacker, i just pissed him off, i think ignoring him is my best shot

are you sure? my ip is *******@demon.co.uk

...eh no daniel.....that is your e-mail address...your ip is an array of numbers...as some body else has posted will be allocated to you every time you log on the net...said number is issued to you via you isp...internet service provider....it is relatively easy to gain the isp...if some body logs on your website...but it is only valid as long as you are logged on the net...next time u log on....a bunch of said numbers will change....eg aol often begins with 172...