aberdeen-music

Best Fight Scene?

Rass

Guest Scorge Spike

Anything involving Adrian Edmonson and Rik Mayall - current favourite is the first live Bottom show where the latter gets beaten to the floor, kicked in the balls fifty times, twatted across the face with a cricket bat, then gets a bottle smacked across the back of his head. Genius.

Indiana Jones Vs Giant Airplane Guy

Any fight scene that ends in a bloke getting cut up by a propellor is worthy of mention!

Trivia point - the guy who gets killed in both scenes is the same. Pat Roach aka "Bomber" from Auf Wiedersehen Pet. As I remember he is also a Thuggee guard who Indy feeds into a rock crusher in Temple of Doom...

I'd have to agree ;) That was quite hilarious. You kicked his ass good.

My choice would be Trinity kicking ass at the beginning (and I suppose also the same one near the end) of Matrix: Reloaded.

The ones in Team America were pretty fucking funny too.

I can't really think of good fight scenes off the top of my head, it's usually a case of I'll be watching a film and just think "That was fucking ace!"... then forget about it later...

Without a doubt the gang fight in Just a Boy's Game in the Greenock shipyards. I've never seen such a clumsy, relaistic and frightening fight and to think this was made for the BBC in 1979 its amazing such a scene so full of slashings, killings and beatings was allowed through! Still think Just A Boy's Game is the finest Scottish film ever made. Where's the DVD release so that everyone else can see what I'm talking about!

• 5 years later...