aberdeen-music

The Music Confirmed at Lemon Tree

misterdale

The Music plus support

Thursday 21 April 2005 - Lemon Tree

Tickets 15 (10 concessions & regulars)

Doors Open: 8pm

Show Starts: 8.30pm

It's been over two years since The Music's debut album established them among the top contenders as the UK's best new band. The band from Leeds were barely 18 when their album 'The Music' came in at number four in the UK album charts in September 2002. Since then they have enjoyed phenomenal success worldwide with relentless touring and unforgettable moments in places as diverse as Brixton Academy and Fuji Rock in Japan. Their second album 'Welcome to The North' has failed to disappoint fans and has shown the band's ability to move forward through diversity with the 1st single, Freedom Fighters, proving to be a massive hit.

That will be an awsome gig. I saw them the last time that they played at the lemon tree, and at T In The Park, and they were great. Their new albums pretty good.

Surely this'll get upgraded to The Music Hall?

It would be better if they played at The Music Hall as it's a bigger venue, but The Lemon Tree has a great atmoshpere.

i would have to disagree on that one. i think lemontree is a far better place to see a band+ the sound is better. The size of the venue lets you get closer to the band and you have a better chance of meeting them. Im not saying there is anything wrong with the music hall' date=' just that i prefer lemontree.[/quote']

Hear Hear Mr Lizard King, No plans to reschedule to the music hall. As you say, there's nothing wrong with the music hall but The Lemon Tree is better. Although I may be biased.

Surely this'll get upgraded to The Music Hall?

I can just see the conversation now - "I'm sorry Mr Connelly' date=' we'll have to cancel your sold out show so we can put on some bunch of Indie losers".

I'm sure Billy's people will be chuffed.

[url']http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/acc/WhatsOn/PerformanceVenues/event_detail.asp?searchstring=&performancetype=0&ID=1502&venue=2&order=&sort=&order2=&sort2=

spare tickets?

If anyone has any spare tickets, or is willing to sell there tickets (two would be nice), I would be more than interested in purchasing them.

Can I also say that the advertising was rubbish. In that nothing was included in the lemon tree emails until after the tickets were sold out. What therefor is the point in being a member.

Email : cs01eg@csd.abdn.ac.uk

If anyone has any spare tickets' date=' or is willing to sell there tickets (two would be nice), I would be more than interested in purchasing them.

Can I also say that the advertising was rubbish. In that nothing was included in the lemon tree emails until after the tickets were sold out. What therefor is the point in being a member.

Email : [email']cs01eg@csd.abdn.ac.uk

Hi Euan,

I'd just like to point out that it was in the emailout, which came out the same day as the show went on sale. It was also put up on this very site.

There's really not a lot else can be done with a show which sells out that quickly.

It's a long shot, but if you give our box office a call, they could put your name down for any tickets which come back to us from people buying too many etc. It's worth a try.

Cheers, and hope you get your hands on some tickets,

Box Office: 01224 642230.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...