aberdeen-music

Gibson Les Paul Deluxe?

Mouse

Guest DustyDeviada
well its unlikely that you're gonna get one' date=' they dont make them any more. in fact the last model was a limited edition 30th anniversary model which was made in 2001 (or 2002, i cant remember). so its nae gonna be cheap either. good luck![/quote']

Wrong!

They have started making them again in the US. Check out this thread over at the Les Paul forum for details:

http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86572

Oh, and here's a link to the shop that's selling them:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/517125/

If you're thinking of getting a 70s model, then you should probably no that the 70s is regarded as just about the worst time for Gibsons. They tended to be made with "pancake" bodys, a "volute" in the neck and they tended to be really heavy. That said, loads of players have made ace records with 70s Les Pauls, Slash still plays one, so there you go.

Have a search through the LP forum though, you'll find all you need to know. Those guys know what they are talking about.

cant vouch for LP deluxe but I play an SG deluxe with the same mini himbuckers on it and it sounds super....better than the SG standard imo

its a brighter twangier sound basically and sounds retro as fuck - works better with fuzz pedals than my higher output guitars that have full size HBs on em

as for 70s LPs, so many people use em on so many good records they must be pretty good....I alwys figured the 80s was when all the guitars makers turned out lower quality stuff cos nobody wanted guitars then

Guest DustyDeviada

Well, regardless of whether or not you agree that 70s Gibsons are crappy, 1500 sounds a bit steep. Here's a link to a shop that has a reputation for being ridiculously expensive and even they are cheaper than that:

http://www.vintageandrareguitars.co.uk/index.cfm?method=site.product&product_id=1522

Even the cool Goldtops seem to be going for around 1250 on the bay.

Alternatively, if you enjoy being ripped off and get crap service then you could to bruce millers and by their goldtop delux for the 2300 price tag. That or laugh at their constant persistence in over-pricing everything and offering the worst guitar lessons i have ever experienced. :up:

Guest DustyDeviada

Yeah, it was a limited edition run specially made for one retailer, so i don't think they would have been on the gibson site anyway. But the Les Paul Forum is a hive of useful info (if you are obsessive about Les Pauls - like me ;))

• 1 month later...
Guest Zeenat Aman
Alternatively' date=' if you enjoy being ripped off and get crap service then you could to bruce millers and by their goldtop delux for the 2300 price tag. That or laugh at their constant persistence in over-pricing everything and offering the worst guitar lessons i have ever experienced. :up:[/quote']

Who taught you?

http://www.vintageandrareguitars.co.uk/index.cfm?method=site.product&product_id=1920

Holy shit, that site is pretty expensive!!!

Want that guitar though ;(

Spotted my guitar with an ugly bigsby on it :down: A DC TV Yellow Junior which looks sweet too, but left handed, and over 1500 for a guitar which in its days sold for like $49.50!! What cost $49.50 in 1957 would cost $336.41 in 2005. :D