aberdeen-music

Pete Doherty Gets In Fight Onstage

Kai

I just got back from the Babyshambles gig at Brixton Academy this evening, and it was eventful to say the least. To be honest, I don't know much about the band's music but I thought I'd give them a chance, and see if there was anything behind all the hype. And even if Pete never showed up, I figured it could be an interesting nite out.

I bought a ticket from a tout outside the tibe station and made my way into Brixton Academy. It was packed. Think Exodus on a Friday nite x1000, with retro leather jackets and bed-heads everywhere I looked. My ticket was for the seated area upstairs, which wasn't what I wanted. There was no atmosphere at all, and the stage was miles away so I walked out the venue and bought another ticket from a tout, this time for the standing area. At 9.10, Babyshambles came onstage and launched into a note-perfect version of 'Killamangiro'. Pete looked healthy (by his standards anyway), and the band seemed to be enjoying themselves. They had to stop their set briefly to get the crowd to move back, as people were being suffocated at the front. Once that was sorted, everything was great. Mid-way through their fourth song, however, mayhem broke loose when Babyshambles' guitarist, pissed off with Pete for no apparent reason, kicked the singer in the back. Pete immediately turned round, threw down his mic, dived on top of the guitarist and started throwing punches. Security dragged them both off stage, the lights came on and that seemed to be the premature end to another Babyshambles gig.

Five minutes later, however, and the band were back onstage. Their differences seemed to have been resolved (presumably their management had told them to get their act together before Pete got into trouble for breaking his bail conditions), and the rest of the gig passed without incident. Perhaps it was all just another publicity stunt - I've no idea - but it certainly made for a memorable evening. And the music wasn't bad either. I wonder what The Sun will have to say about 'Ex-Junkie Pete' in the morning's paper...

The guy is a like a diet version of liam gallagher in that he has no artistic merit and behaves like he is some kind of superstar, which in his tiny mind justifies his drug abuse. Buying a ticket to go and see him is just retarded, it's a shame you can't get a refund off a tout.

Seriously, who gives a shit about this twat except the NME reading dimwits who are dumb enough to buy into it. Well done, you paid to see him play, and at the same time bought a ticket entitling you to an excursion up your own arse. It must be great fun living in mongland, being led into nothingness by a procession of fools.

Well you see, I don't actually have a mind of my own. I just do what the NME tells me to do. I didn't realise that by purchasing a Babyshambles ticket I was helping fund international terrorisim, not to mention Pete's crack habit. Shit. I take it now's not the best time to mention the 'Pete Doherty Is Innocent' poster I bought at the gig for my mate in Aberdeen?

The guy is a like a diet version of liam gallagher in that he has no artistic merit and behaves like he is some kind of superstar' date=' which in his tiny mind justifies his drug abuse. Buying a ticket to go and see him is just retarded, it's a shame you can't get a refund off a tout.

Seriously, who gives a shit about this twat except the NME reading dimwits who are dumb enough to buy into it. Well done, you paid to see him play, and at the same time bought a ticket entitling you to an excursion up your own arse. It must be great fun living in mongland, being led into nothingness by a procession of fools.[/quote']

*yawn*

Aty least try to be orginal. You just sound like an Artrocker 'journalist'.