aberdeen-music

how difficult is it to buy a house!

Hog

Moving to Newmacher area and put an offer in for a house, treated unfairly by the sellers

second time, my solicitor told the sellers that I was going to make an offer, they said that was ace and the closing date would be soon, em, he called to ask when that would be...it was sold! wtf, is it really this hard to buy a house or is it just my damn bad luck? ;(

Guest tv tanned

we got really lucky with our flat, it needs some work done to it, but basically the flat is in good enough shape, and we got it at the price it was valued, and it was the first bid we put in on anything.

Generally there ill always be those who mess you around, wherever you go. My fiancee called someone about buying a baritone recently, agreed to purchase it the next day but was told that the guy would accept an offer if someone could collect it that night.

Sure enough someone called and it was sold that night. Cunt.

Anyway, back to the point. It is a seller's market at present, with house prices sky high in most areas.

Bank of Scotland survey recently should 4 out of 5 towns in Scotland are unaffordable for first time buyers.

Don't get me started, I could go on all night...

I found it bloody hard to buy my place. Even when a property had newly appeared on the ASPC's website, when we called to view it had been been sold. They sold at a tremendous rate. When I finally did see one I liked, the sellers' solicitor told us that an offer had already been accepted when the sellers themselves told us that they had had an offer but they weren't even considering it. One angry phone call from the dude selling the flat soon sorted that one out, but I still paid way more than I should have for a wee one bedroomed place. I don't trust estate agents as far as I can throw them.

Guest stuartmaxwell

thats what you get for dealing with the apsc members. they dont give a fuck about you or your house, they are on a salary so they get paid either way

the RE/MAX estate agents are great because you deal with one guy, trust me!i work closely with the RE/MAX network as part of my job.

me and my ex bf bought a house together (well, he bought it, i lived there with him lol)

the viewing and buying was the easiest bid, it was waiting to get the keys that took the longest! felt like months - this was a few years ago so i cant remember how long it was.

it was so stressful, i dread buying a house with my man now, eap as we have zero money and you get in debt buying homes these days :(

The normal process once you have selected the house usually takes ten weeks.

The seller is under no obligation to sell to you if you make an offer, or even to acknowledge your offer.

If the house is advertised as "offers over" then it will probably go to a closing, which can happen very very quickly, possibly a day or two later.

It's your solicitor's duty to act quickly.

I can't remember too much more from conveyancing, but it was a pretty interesting course.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

I'm surprised it's proving such a hassle, Baldy. I guess I got lucky when I bought my flat with the then Mrs. Ape. First place we looked at, we liked, put in a bid, had to up the bid because of two interested parties who sprang up from nowhere, allegedly. Our bid was accepted and in we moved. Nightmare happened when we split up! We had a joint account so the hassle came four months down the line when I had to buy out the stupid bastard bitch. Lesson here is, whatever you do, do NOT take out a joint account.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Baldy' date=' yep thats me :D

Liked the house I saw today, out at Udny. Didnt have time to chat Jake but Im sure a munt tomorrow will sort that out :cheers:[/quote']

Yes, it will.