guitars will be guitars

Guest neil ex

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Geetardude
Originally posted by GraemeC:

The synth creates the sound he requires and he supplies the feeling....you would need to hear Pallas to get the idea...

Sorry, me grammer suks. I know HOW he gets the feeling across as in he DOES but how does he manage it?

Ive seen Pallas mannnnnnnny times, remember when he played one of the first Roland synth guitars and was impressive then. Live at any rate, always thought he didnt quite raise to the same heights in the studio. Just my humble opinion,sorry.

Originally posted by Geetardude:

Sorry, me grammer suks. I know HOW he gets the feeling across as in he DOES but how does he manage it?

Ive seen Pallas mannnnnnnny times, remember when he played one of the first Roland synth guitars and was impressive then. Live at any rate, always thought he didnt quite raise to the same heights in the studio. Just my humble opinion,sorry.

That was a superb guitar....made by Ibanez if i remember right....

Have you heard The cross and the crucible?

Guest Geetardude
Originally posted by GraemeC:

That was a superb guitar....made by Ibanez if i remember right....

Have you heard The cross and the crucible?

Yes....natural wood wasnt it?

Heard Cross and the Crucible but prefered Beat the Drum....to be honest kind of fell away from Pallas after they hired that dwarf gabriel wanna be on vocals.

Originally posted by Geetardude:

Yes....natural wood wasnt it?

Heard Cross and the Crucible but prefered Beat the Drum....to be honest kind of fell away from Pallas after they hired that dwarf gabriel wanna be on vocals.

*looks in booth directions and nods in agreement*

Dont draw me on that subject.....I wanna go to AMERICA!!!!

G...

The quality of a guitar is also relative to itself...

I recently brought my Jackson back from home and its action is too high and the intonation is slightly out.

Once I stick new strings on and get it setup, and will obviously play better than it did before.

I good guitar that badly needs to be set up will play and often sound worse than a less expensive guitar that has been set up well.

Originally posted by Dan Atom:

The quality of a guitar is also relative to itself...

I recently brought my Jackson back from home and its action is too high and the intonation is slightly out.

Once I stick new strings on and get it setup, and will obviously play better than it did before.

I good guitar that badly needs to be set up will play and often sound worse than a less expensive guitar that has been set up well.

Cool, what kind of Jackson have you got Mr Dan?:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

my guitar is hot, its an epiphone gothic les paul, I got it for 200 but I have checked the price in other shops and sites and i've found the same guitar for 600 so I either got a good deal or some people are ripping people off, or maybe my guitar is crap to some people, but it has an amazing sound and it's really well made with good structure and a really light les paul too.

Guest redmeat
Originally posted by bryn:

Les Paul Standard is a Les Paul Custom without extra attention to inlays and finish. Theres my 2 cents.

The Les Paul standard has a maple veneered top over a mahogany body wheras a custom has an all mahogany body. This gives the standard a marginally brighter tone. There are also three pickup les paul customs.

Interestingly the Peter Frampton signature Les Paul Custom has a maple top.

WOOO!

With regard to the overall debate. I think there can be a difference between expensive guitars and cheap ones but it takes a decent enough player to realise the potential. I've seen good players get great tones out of cheap equipment and bad players make top quailty gear sound like shit.

Originally posted by redmeat:

The Les Paul standard has a maple veneered top over a mahogany body wheras a custom has an all mahogany body. This gives the standard a marginally brighter tone. There are also three pickup les paul customs.

Interestingly the Peter Frampton signature Les Paul Custom has a maple top.

WOOO!

With regard to the overall debate. I think there can be a difference between expensive guitars and cheap ones but it takes a decent enough player to realise the potential. I've seen good players get great tones out of cheap equipment and bad players make top quailty gear sound like shit.

The custom does have a maple cap.....!

Cheap guitars always just have really, really horrible necks. When i play my Ibanez, then play my next door neighbours squire (both fitted with 10s) there is just something really shitty bout the way the strings go when you bend. The playability of cheap guitars is generally complete shite. + Gibson stated that a a Les Paul Custom is, quite literally, a standard without the finish.

Originally posted by Nicks_little_led_z:

my guitar is hot, its an epiphone gothic les paul, I got it for 200 but I have checked the price in other shops and sites and i've found the same guitar for 600 so I either got a good deal or some people are ripping people off, or maybe my guitar is crap to some people, but it has an amazing sound and it's really well made with good structure and a really light les paul too.

600 bloody hell! Your guitar is cool anyway. I have the Gibson but it's becoming very unreliable with the tuners & it's pissing me off. It eats strings like sweets!