blink182 split/break/hiatus...whatever

Guest alex.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

from blink182.com

"For over a decade' date=' Blink-182 has toured, recorded and done non-stop promotion all while trying to balance relationships with family and friends.

To that end, the band has decided to go on an

indefinite hiatus to spend some time enjoying the fruits of their labors with their loved ones. While there is no set plan for the band to begin working together again, no one knows what tomorrow may bring."[/quote']

Lets hope "indefinite hiatus" has the same meaning for Blink as it did for At the Drive-In.

ROFLMAE TSE TUNG!!!!!!!!!! XXhcxxxx (or whatever it is)

i'm going to miss blink....reading the tributes on their website, its like someone died or something - many people hated them but also so many people loved them - me included....

im listening to The Mark Tom & Travis Show right now and mourning.....! tis a sad day for punk pop.

i hope they come back!!

This is pretty shit news for me' date=' but I'm probably not alone in saying they've past their sell by date anyway.[/quote']

I think Blink have written some of their best material since their 'more mature' direction - are you really saying that the likes of 'I Miss You', 'Stay Together For The Kids' and 'Feeling This' don't stand up to the likes of 'Apple Shampoo' or 'Does My Breath Smell?' or when did you think they went 'past their sell by date'?

Oh well, not exactly the most shocking news in the world. A few years ago i would have been devastated but i think if they rattled out another 'concept' album i'd have been more pissed off than anything else. As it's already been pointed out they've passed their best and as long as i have my copies of Enema, Dude Ranch, Cheshire Cat and Buddah.. i'm not really fussed about how much more spin-offs and dvds they can release.

When i last saw them live i was disgusted by the way Tom was acting when he was playing the older songs like Dammit and the Medely of the REALLY old tunes. I'd rather they quit now before properly turning their back on their old music, and i bet that's the reason they did.

At least i have this band to keep me going for now - album 4 due out later this year :rockon:

When i last saw them live i was disgusted by the way Tom was acting when he was playing the older songs like Dammit and the Medely of the REALLY old tunes. I'd rather they quit now before properly turning their back on their old music' date=' and i bet that's the reason they did[/quote']

There's no excuse for acting like that in the live environment [just don't play the songs...] but it's only natural that some bands will progress and no longer be able to relate to works that they created however long ago - I think it'd be worse going to a Blink gig and listening to them witter on about boobs, blowjobs, butt-fucking and suchlike when they've got families and kids of their own you know?

How old are Blink nowadays anyways? I don't have time to look at the moment.

Guest neil ex

I thought you were going to ignore them Bob. Don't let those kids wind you up..

What difference does it make if Blink 182 split up, anyway? The only good thing about it is, it probably disappointed a lot of brain dead kids.

I think Blink have written some of their best material since their 'more mature' direction - are you really saying that the likes of 'I Miss You'' date=' 'Stay Together For The Kids' and 'Feeling This' don't stand up to the likes of 'Apple Shampoo' or 'Does My Breath Smell?' or when did you think they went 'past their sell by date'?[/quote']

OK, perhaps past the sell by date is going a bit far. But I just meant my personal opinion. I've found it harder to like the newer stuff in general. Doesn't mean I don't like it though.

But they've rocked out for the guts of 13 years now, and for that I am grateful. :D

I think Blink have written some of their best material since their 'more mature' direction - are you really saying that the likes of 'I Miss You'' date=' 'Stay Together For The Kids' and 'Feeling This' don't stand up to the likes of 'Apple Shampoo' or 'Does My Breath Smell?' or when did you think they went 'past their sell by date'?[/quote']

I'l admit i like Feeling This and Always (summat like that...was a Cure rip off)