aberdeen-music

Reasons Are Red MP3s + Gig on Friday

Guest stuartmaxwell

Guest stuartmaxwell

Hi folks, just to let you know RAR (arf!) have a couple of tracks online for your listening pleasure. These were recently recorded with Mark Nicoll at Exile.

www.purevolume.com/reasonsarered

RAR will be playing a live show this friday 25th febuary at Kef. Dear John (Lifeshade), Weaping Jesus, Pure Lead and possibly someone else are playing also.

Doors at 7pm. First band at 7.30pm.

Tickets are 4 (pm for details)

a website may come soon. maybe.

in the meantime join our mailing list reasonsarered@hotmail.com to recieve regular (?) information

psb over

Guest Zeenat Aman
The mp3s are better than they were live' date=' they're pretty good.[/quote']

Can I ask, what do you like about those two tracks?

Hmmm, to me they just sound like some bog standard american punky/angst teenage type band!?!?

Just my opinion like, no need for any nasty returns. ;)

Can I ask' date=' what do you like about those two tracks?

Hmmm, to me they just sound like some bog standard american punky/angst teenage type band!?!?

Just my opinion like, no need for any nasty returns. ;)[/quote']

Dont wanna sound like a dick but if you like punk then its kinda self explanatory why you would like them. Not my kinda thing but they are good at what they do so good for them.

:cheers:

Guest Cowboy Dan
Can I ask' date=' what do you like about those two tracks?

Just my opinion like, no need for any nasty returns. ;)[/quote']

i think there are some interesting rhythms, I like how it sounds like the singer could literally explode at any second and how his vocals manage to keep a repeated chord progression being played on the guitars and bass interesting. How the first and second half of the songs sound like different songs yet are blended together seamlessly.

It is very Fugazi, especially that bit at about 2:20 in the first song with the palm muting and although in a way I like the vocals, I don't like how the accent is obviously fake. It is very much a popular style just now and it's not really one I'm in to, but I can appreciate this.

Guest Zeenat Aman

It's actually the singing that puts me off the tracks, I like some of the instrument playing, but like you say, "the accent is obviously fake".

i think there are some interesting rhythms' date=' I like how it sounds like the singer could literally explode at any second and how his vocals manage to keep a repeated chord progression interesting. How the first and second half of the songs sound like different songs yet are blended together seamlessly.

It is very Fugazi, especially that bit at about 2:20 in the first song with the palm muting and although in a way I like the vocals, I don't like how the accent is obviously fake. It is very much a popular style just now and it's not really one I'm in to, but I can appreciate this.[/quote']

Guest Cowboy Dan

Why do you always type above the quotes? That really annoys me...

It's actually the singing that puts me off the tracks' date=' I like some of the instrument playing, but like you say, "the accent is obviously fake".[/quote']

Guest neil ex

It's the vocals that annoy me aswell. The singing style kind of reminds me of bands like Pavement, Les Savy Fav, The Van Pelt, American bands that can get quite annoying sometimes. The music's alright, a few hooks, but nothing I especially like..

Potential..

Guest stuartmaxwell
Maxi' date=' you should dig out that recording that Amnesia did at Toms about 4 or so years ago.

"I see you...standing behind the shade"

great times![/quote']

er lets not :)

i think we all have things that are best kept secret :p

its okay. not somethign id really listen to. but i can appreciate it for sure.

I thought...emm certain people who I won't name...were in this band' date=' but it turns out I am completely mistaken. I think.

My brain is mush.[/quote']

Kris Watson was in the band if that's what you were thinking Dave. I'm guessing now he's not and instead they have drafted in a complete los... I mean, uh... Maxi :D

Kris Watson was in the band if that's what you were thinking Dave. I'm guessing now he's not and instead they have drafted in a complete los... I mean' date=' uh... Maxi :D[/quote']that is who I meant.

perhaps i am not an imbecile.

Dragonforce - My Spirit Will Go On, what a fucking song!!!

Jesus fuckin christ.