aberdeen-music

Lets be serious for just a moment.....

identity04

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anway, I never once said that this forum was 'the scene.' I just dont appreciate being put down by people who have such little consideration for others in regards to music. I also dont appreciate being told to "run tae fuck." When all we asked for was if anyone had any gig dates free. Its pathetic. I doubt that this site was created in the vision that it was going to be used by people as a medium to brush their own egos. New bands who try and gather what little gigs there are have usually got to kiss the ass off every 'known band there is in 'the scene' before they are accepted. What the fuck is up with that!? Why should this have to happen?

New bands who try and gather what little gigs there are have usually got to kiss the ass off every 'known band there is in 'the scene' before they are accepted. What the fuck is up with that!? Why should this have to happen?

I don't think that's true at all - it's probably worth your while being civil to people (even if you don't like them); but I don't think you'd have to kiss anyone's ass to get a good gig. Plus most of the bands worth associating with aren't the one's who use this site to stroke their egos.

Anway' date=' I never once said that this forum was 'the scene.' I just dont appreciate being put down by people who have such little consideration for others in regards to music. I also dont appreciate being told to "run tae fuck." When all we asked for was if anyone had any gig dates free. Its pathetic. I doubt that this site was created in the vision that it was going to be used by people as a medium to brush their own egos. New bands who try and gather what little gigs there are have usually got to kiss the ass off every 'known band there is in 'the scene' before they are accepted. What the fuck is up with that!? Why should this have to happen?[/quote']

It's the way every scene works, but I wouldnt worry, from what i've heard your impressing the promotors and I've been impressed with the way you've handled yourself on the site asking questions to try and learn more about the playing live experience and what you can do to maximise your performance. There aren't many bands on Aberdeen who are 'professional' hence why its the same bands getting the bigger gigs, work towards becoming one of them and you'll do well. Most bands if you ask them will help you with advice, or anything, but there are a lot of people on here who think its funny to make sarky comments all the time, anyone who's actually checking out this site for Aberdeen bands just sees the smartarse comments and realises that there are certain bands who can't cut it professionally just because of their attitude.

This site could be better but face toface the scene actually gets on for the whole not too badly.

Cheers

Stuart

Anway' date=' I never once said that this forum was 'the scene.' I just dont appreciate being put down by people who have such little consideration for others in regards to music. I also dont appreciate being told to "run tae fuck." When all we asked for was if anyone had any gig dates free. Its pathetic. I doubt that this site was created in the vision that it was going to be used by people as a medium to brush their own egos. New bands who try and gather what little gigs there are have usually got to kiss the ass off every 'known band there is in 'the scene' before they are accepted. What the fuck is up with that!? Why should this have to happen?[/quote']

Im not very sure what your saying here but get the impression that you feel the established local combo's have some influence over whether or not you and your band get a gig....is that the case?

Contact people who organise the gigs directly...Rico AUBL, Paul KEF, Ross Moshulu, Flash Moorings to name but a few, every one of them are on here on a regular basis and on the strength of a decent demo you'll be playing Aberdeen gigs in no time!!

you were told to "run tae fuck" because you posted the same thread in 8 different forums

Guest Mr Blastcap

i really detest some of the hippy dippy views bandied about on this here message board by dim witted cribbage enthusiasts. its a message board, its not real life, it is in fact a kind of blood sport. identity is a gay name for a band. any more of this and my likeometer will go right into the red and the fuse box will blip out on the 10db slate, any how a mono mix is better at lunch time: sentiments best summed up by the late great Layne Staley-

" fuck, i cant feel my feet, it must be gout.....oh! i'm drooling now...."

baaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnndaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaa!

playing soon in aberdeen soon:

group hugg

positive affirmative axion

lets get proffesional and soud dull

muffled wall of sludge

content caution

chair

number 22

arsed

spastic ontology

i'll stop now, i'll have no tokens left at this rate.

i really detest some of the hippy dippy views bandied about on this here message board by dim witted cribbage enthusiasts. its a message board' date=' its not real life, it is in fact a kind of blood sport. identity is a gay name for a band. any more of this and my likeometer will go right into the red and the fuse box will blip out on the 10db slate, any how a mono mix is better at lunch time: sentiments best summed up by the late great Layne Staley-

baaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnndaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaa!

playing soon in aberdeen soon:

group hugg

positive affirmative axion

lets get proffesional and soud dull

muffled wall of sludge

content caution

chair

number 22

arsed

spastic ontology

i'll stop now, i'll have no tokens left at this rate.[/quote']

Bet your glad thats off your chest...

perfectly good comments made ! we do try so hard at what we do and in the end of the day all that matters is our music and the people that like to come see us! we do try posting on here about the band as we see it as a very easy way to get your name out to the gig goers in aberdeen but we do have the gigs we just need to gather more support we dont have a problem gettin gigs we just want all the bullshit that goes along with gettin established enough to be regonised as talent to stop!

It's the way every scene works' date=' but I wouldnt worry, from what i've heard your impressing the promotors and I've been impressed with the way you've handled yourself on the site asking questions to try and learn more about the playing live experience and what you can do to maximise your performance. There aren't many bands on Aberdeen who are 'professional' hence why its the same bands getting the bigger gigs, work towards becoming one of them and you'll do well. Most bands if you ask them will help you with advice, or anything, but there are a lot of people on here who think its funny to make sarky comments all the time, anyone who's actually checking out this site for Aberdeen bands just sees the smartarse comments and realises that there are certain bands who can't cut it professionally just because of their attitude.

This site could be better but face toface the scene actually gets on for the whole not too badly.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

Guest stuartmaxwell
we do try posting on here about the band as we see it as a very easy way to get your name out to the gig goers in aberdeen but we do have the gigs we just need to gather more support we dont have a problem gettin gigs we just want all the bullshit that goes along with gettin established enough to be regonised as talent to stop!

just play amazing gigs and make sure your material is top notch and you will achieve the fame that you desire.

:D

Guest stuartmaxwell
Dont lie to the kid.....

The more you achieve and the more popular you become locally the more the losers on here want to tear you down.....

true. it was more advice to up the game a bit, the stuff on their site and the way they come across is somewhat shabby, to get what they want to achieve (i think they want to be famous throught uk, europe, world rather than abdn) they will need to improve

i really detest some of the hippy dippy views bandied about on this here message board by dim witted cribbage enthusiasts. its a message board' date=' its not real life, it is in fact a kind of blood sport. identity is a gay name for a band. any more of this and my likeometer will go right into the red and the fuse box will blip out on the 10db slate, any how a mono mix is better at lunch time: sentiments best summed up by the late great Layne Staley-

baaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnndaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaa

i'll stop now, i'll have no tokens left at this rate.[/quote']

Saint who?

everythings a learing curve at the moment! We have only been giggin in aberdeen for about 4 months and our music has come along drastically you would have to come to a gig to c how proffesional and how serious we r actually takin this! but doing everything as a band with as little help as possible is hard to organise especially if you have to get people to take the step to do this full time!

true. it was more advice to up the game a bit' date=' the stuff on their site and the way they come across is somewhat shabby, to get what they want to achieve (i think they want to be famous throught uk, europe, world rather than abdn) they will need to improve[/quote']

Hmmmm

everythings a learing curve at the moment! We have only been giggin in aberdeen for about 4 months and our music has come along drastically you would have to come to a gig to c how proffesional and how serious we r actually takin this! but doing everything as a band with as little help as possible is hard to organise especially if you have to get people to take the step to do this full time!

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury... I will draw your attention to the use of the word 'drastically', an interesting and easily misconstrued terminology...

Guest Zeenat Aman
Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury... I will draw your attention to the use of the word 'drastically'' date=' an interesting and easily misconstrued terminology...[/quote']

Ah. but wouldn't it have been interesting if he had wrote it like this instead?

Dratstically!

The ability to say it within the flow of a sentence without stuttering would also be impressive.

:D

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury... I will draw your attention to the use of the word 'drastically'' date=' an interesting and easily misconstrued terminology...[/quote']

i think people may be intrested in my music a bit more than my english! we'll i should hope so anyway on a music forum! but anywho it was a rushed mistake as i was on my lunch break! but its kool we're just tryin really hard to make this band work and get to bigger things! not bitchin or moanin just giving the band the shameless promotion it deserves and also putting in a hell of a lot of effort!

Guest stuartmaxwell
i think people may be intrested in my music a bit more than my english!

hmm i dont know about that. this is abdn music remember....

but its kool we're just tryin really hard to make this band work and get to bigger things!

also putting in a hell of a lot of effort!

youre not the first person to think of this