aberdeen-music

Lets be serious for just a moment.....

identity04

who can honestly say that ,as a band or individual, try and work with others to try and improve relationships and contacts with promoters/venue owners and other bands in general? I cant help but point out that alot of people on this site spend their time slating others without any amount of constructive critcism. Its sad that there are so many people out there that go out of their way to place a blunt, useless and totally unproductive comment on others who neither provoked it or deserved it. So who could say that they are truly in it for the music and the sheer enjoyment of effectively progressing both yourself and others??

Just thought that this would shed some light on issues that are present in this site day to day. I dont want to start a revolution or anything, I just want people to realise that this place would be absoloutely incredible if everyone would just cut the bullshit!

Any thoughts?

Alex

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stuartmaxwell

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

los of people.

if you actually look past this messageboard (which if you havent nopticed isnt the scene) you will see lots of people doing good things

its about the people who go to gigs rather than the bands themselves, most bands are pretty cool with eachother

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

los of people.

if you actually look past this messageboard (which if you havent nopticed isnt the scene) you will see lots of people doing good things

its about the people who go to gigs rather than the bands themselves' date=' most bands are pretty cool with eachother[/quote']

Fucking spot on.....there is a world beyond this message board...some people need to go and find it.

who can honestly say that ' date='as a band or individual, try and work with others to try and improve relationships and contacts with promoters/venue owners and other bands in general? I cant help but point out that alot of people on this site spend their time slating others without any amount of constructive critcism. Its sad that there are so many people out there that go out of their way to place a blunt, useless and totally unproductive comment on others who neither provoked it or deserved it. So who could say that they are truly in it for the music and the sheer enjoyment of effectively progressing both yourself and others??

Just thought that this would shed some light on issues that are present in this site day to day. I dont want to start a revolution or anything, I just want people to realise that this place would be absoloutely incredible if everyone would just cut the bullshit!

Any thoughts?

Alex[/quote']

.....your band are fucking shit

Guest Zeenat Aman
I just want people to realise that this place would be absoloutely incredible if everyone would just cut the bullshit!

You need to realise that messageboards like this will never be like that, there are far too many assholes in them to allow such a thing to happen.

All you can do is work you're way through/around the bullshit!

Hahahahaha

Does it really matter if anyone doesnt have a good relationship with promoters or other bands?

I couldnt give a fucking shit.....(although i am good friends with alot of bands/promoters...but couldnt care too much if i wasnt...im rambling....i care not for this subject/thread...)

Guest crime-is-for-dorks

I could go on all fucking day, but in the end mate, it's completely pointless...

The deal is this...You take the messageboard as it is, an identityless(ho ho ho) place to spread bullshit, you learn to play the game and use it to your advantage, whether it be to promtoe a gig or get traffic to your website, and that's it, you keep your band as seperate as possible, it's a completely different kettle of fish, if you're serious about your band, then you put your head down and work at it, you get shows away from Aberdeen, after all the spotlight hardly shines here, and you take every single opportunity to let people know about your band, to make contacts and to learn how to handle yourself in an orgainsed, professional manner.

My Mind's Weapon on here are just a local band that some like, some dislike and seem to stir a bit of playful banter, but to us, it's a band that would do anything to further their name, whether it be sitting online all day and night talking to people, or travelling 1800 miles in a Vauxhall Zafira to play 2 gigs on the South coast of England.

Use your head for the messageboard, and put your heart into your band.

There you go, cheesy as hell, but I'm tired, damn playing at rock stars till 5 in the morning with Steriogram!

;)

hmmm im not going into it again (altough i did get a scene point last time so mayeb i should.....no better not to)

What i will say is tho, its changing there bands/artists now who are beginning to help each other out more. I can think of a group of people right now who are trying their best to do something that will help a good few bands with a lot of stuff. So its not all doom and gloom, just dont think about aberdeen music as the scene think of it as the toilet for the scene this is where all the shit goes.

nice constructive critisim like i know this site aint the be all and end all but it is a stepping stone for new bands to get there name out there and i have met quite a few good honest people such as kirk,flash (moorings) adam (pysdoll), lava p (paul from kef) etc that have helped us out and have actually bothered there asses to help us out as much as possible so thanks to those who have and to let you know we are doin stuff outta aberdeen such as glasgow,inverness, york but whats the point in being a band from abedeen if you dont enjoy playin in your home town because of a couple of arseholes! :swearing:

nice constructive critisim like i know this site aint the be all and end all but it is a stepping stone for new bands to get there name out there and i have met quite a few good honest people such as kirk' date='flash (moorings) adam (pysdoll), lava p (paul from kef) etc that have helped us out and have actually bothered there asses to help us out as much as possible so thanks to those who have and to let you know we are doin stuff outta aberdeen such as glasgow,inverness, york but whats the point in being a band from abedeen if you dont enjoy playin in your home town because of a couple of arseholes! :swearing:[/quote']

Liam, I think it was meant to be tongue-in-cheek.

I could go on all fucking day' date=' but in the end mate, it's completely pointless...

The deal is this...You take the messageboard as it is, an identityless(ho ho ho) place to spread bullshit, you learn to play the game and use it to your advantage, whether it be to promtoe a gig or get traffic to your website, and that's it, you keep your band as seperate as possible, it's a completely different kettle of fish, if you're serious about your band, then you put your head down and work at it, you get shows away from Aberdeen, after all the spotlight hardly shines here, and you take every single opportunity to let people know about your band, to make contacts and to learn how to handle yourself in an orgainsed, professional manner.

My Mind's Weapon on here are just a local band that some like, some dislike and seem to stir a bit of playful banter, but to us, it's a band that would do anything to further their name, whether it be sitting online all day and night talking to people, or travelling 1800 miles in a Vauxhall Zafira to play 2 gigs on the South coast of England.

Use your head for the messageboard, and put your heart into your band.

There you go, cheesy as hell, but I'm tired, damn playing at rock stars till 5 in the morning with Steriogram!

;)[/quote']

Cheesy - maybe; but that's probably the best piece of advice for a band regarding this website. Have a scene point Jamsey!

nice constructive critisim like i know this site aint the be all and end all but it is a stepping stone for new bands to get there name out there and i have met quite a few good honest people such as kirk' date='flash (moorings) adam (pysdoll), lava p (paul from kef) etc that have helped us out and have actually bothered there asses to help us out as much as possible so thanks to those who have and to let you know we are doin stuff outta aberdeen such as glasgow,inverness, york but whats the point in being a band from abedeen if you dont enjoy playin in your home town because of a couple of arseholes! :swearing:[/quote']

oh dear.....

i disagree with 3 of your points inparticular,in which i won't... Name...

anyway as milner said this website is not "the scene" its just a place were we can all talk and critisice the scene,

i dont think people should get worked up over the stuff said on hear its the internet