aberdeen-music

Pre-Gig Communication?

identity04

Guest Scorge Spike
With Spike I try to calm Jake down and drink guiness

Not forgetting La Lombardo! No Spike pre-gig shenanigans are complete without a pilgrimmage to this purveyor of fine delicacies........

Pizzahut...or other junk food is what we used to do. Shall see what it is like when we get back to gigging. Usually just hanging out and watching the other bands or whatever. Maybe write the set list or some lyrics to the songs if it's one of *those* performances. The last time we played live we were upstairs away from the gig and I was getting warmed up playing some bass through some practice amps...Scott was warming up too....I enjoyed that started feeling energetic then we came down and had final tune up and hi-fives WOO!

lets see, Emma and Jo both write setlists before the show, they gauge the audience and play the songs accoirdingly, Jo and I often end up away from the venue eating straight after soundcheck, as she wont normally eat for an hour before singing, theres often a beer involved tho again its becoming more frequently a spirit as she drinks bud and doesn't drink fizzy stuff beofre a show. In Emma's case we check what the set is and that we know who's playing which bit and that the tunings set up and ready to go.

Cheers

Stuart

We sit around, have a beer, go out and get some food, and watch the other band's soundchecks to see if we're gonna get blown off stage. We also nip out to the off-license to get some drink before 10pm as we generally can't afford to drink in the venues.

At home town gigs, somebody generally has to go meet their girlfriend or something, or a bunch of our mates come down and speak to us.

I generally find that the last thing I want to do either in the hour before, or 15 minutes after a gig, is speak to anyone. And if there's dope around, a toke after the set works wonders.