aberdeen-music

Bob Dylan Blasts New Bands

psydoll

Being a 63-year-old folk singer turned autobiographer must give you a lot of room for arrogance: Bob Dylan condemns the latest generation of rock acts as "amateurs" in the program notes for his latest tour.

Dylan's set to launch another leg of his Never Ending Tour' date=' which supports his extensive back catalog as well as 2003's Masked and Anonymous (Sony). There's also the first volume of his autobiography to plug, too. Amid all the self-gratifying promotion, he has time to take a shot at young bands in the program for his tour.

"I know there are groups at the top of the charts that are hailed as the saviours of rock'n'roll and all that, but they are amateurs," he wrote. "They don't know where the music comes from."

If the end-of-sentence preposition is any indication, Dylan doesn't know from where grammar comes.[/quote']

Nae too old to hae a dig yet obviously ;)

Now that I would pay to see.

He didn't say anything I don't say twenty times a day already. Every week or so we're supposed to believe that some band are "the new saviours of rock n' roll". It's a cheap and lazy label to pin on a band looking for easy publicity. Dylan's qualified to comment because he really did save rock n' roll. How many saviours do we need?

What about AC/DC and Guns 'n' Roses? You cannae deny their influence on YOUR genre ;)

Remember when Andrew W.K was the future of rock? Good times. :laughing:

Now that I would pay to see.

He didn't say anything I don't say twenty times a day already. Every week or so we're supposed to believe that some band are "the new saviours of rock n' roll". It's a cheap and lazy label to pin on a band looking for easy publicity. Dylan's qualified to comment because he really did save rock n' roll. How many saviours do we need?

I agree with you :up:

The media is always proclaiming something or other is the saviour of rock n' roll and we're meant to follow like sheep. :moody:

Dylan is always on tour. He still does almost 200 live shows per year.

His last album was Love and Theft which was good but not as good as the previous album... Time Out Of Mind in my opinion..... "Not Dark Yet" being the stand out track....whether it was written 30 years ago or the day before it was recorded remains a mystery as Dylan is like that....

Sorry Mr Alkaline..... but when it comes to the works of Dylan I find you totally out of touch... Love you really......xxxxx

Dylan is always on tour. He still does almost 200 live shows per year.

His last album was Love and Theft which was good but not as good as the previous album... Time Out Of Mind in my opinion..... "Not Dark Yet" being the stand out track....whether it was written 30 years ago or the day before it was recorded remains a mystery as Dylan is like that....

Sorry Mr Alkaline..... but when it comes to the works of Dylan I find you totally out of touch... Love you really......xxxxx

You knows it, and on Dylan you and i shall always disagree. Much love Mr M.

:D