aberdeen-music

DJ Format U.K Tour

psydoll

Yay! He be returning to the Lemon Tree!

British rapping chap DJ Format' date=' who moves in similar parishes to Jurassic 5, is to play a massive UK tour, PlayLouder can reveal all exclusive like.

He's just done a selection of small shows in the warm-up for his forthcoming second album, and now will head out on dates in April and May.

The chap's also only just launched his new website, where if you register and sign up to his mailing list here you can download an mp3 free, gratuit and for nothing and be kept up to date with all news and such.

Catch DJ Format as follows:

April 14th - Waterfront, Norwich

Apr 17th - The Fez Club, Cambridge

Apr 21st - Mean Fiddler, London

Apr 22nd - Club Iforbach, Cardiff

Apr 23rd - Fiddlers, Bristol

Apr 24th - The Pheonix, Exeter

Apr 25th - Newcastle, Uni

Apr 26th - Tuesday Club, Sheffield

Apr 27th - Academy 2, Birmingham

Apr 28th - Warwick Uni, Warwick

Apr 29th - Rescue Rooms / Stealth, Nottingham

Apr 30th - Academy 3, Manchester

May 1st - Faversham, Leeds

May 2nd - Reading Rooms, Dundee

May 3rd - Venue Edinburgh, UK

May 4th - The Lemon Tree, Aberdeen

May 5th - King Tuts, Glasgow

May 6th - Crawdaddy, Dublin

May 7th - Deep Fried Funk @ Nerve Centre, Derry

May 8th Carling Academy, Liverpool UK[/quote']

According the Lemon Tree website he is -

http://www.lemontree.org/Music/event.cfm?eventid=2411&tempmonth=5

DJ Format feat Abdominal and D-Sisive: plus Little Barrie

Wednesday 04 May 2005 - Caf

Tickets 10 (6.75 concessions & regulars)

Doors Open: 9pm

Show Starts:

DJ Formats 'Vinyl Overdose' track on the 'Return Of The DJ Volume 2' compilation album released in 1997, introduced him to the world albeit part of a compilation his first solo release bringing him to the world's attention.

After a stint with UK group Suspekt in 1995, Format carried on when the group fizzled out due to geographical reasons (one half of the group in Derby, the other half on the South coast) and through a friend hooked up with Dave Paul @ Bomb Hip Hop Records in the US. After contributing the aforementioned 'Vinyl Overdose' to 'Return Of The DJ 2', the two of them stayed in touch and Dave released Format's debut single, the much-loved 'English Lesson' with a remix of 'Vinyl Overdose' called 'Vinyl Vasectomy' on the flip.. "I just wanted to do a track that used all my fast breaks, because that's what I loved. I didn't have a name for it, it was just a little track I was putting together and I think I just decided to call it 'English Lesson' as a bit of a pun - not because I thought it was worthy to be anything like DJ Shadow's 'Lesson 4' or Double Dee and Steinski's 'Lessons' series... I didn't want to invite myself into that 'exclusive club', if you like. It was just my cheeky little pun! I'm just an English guy and this is my lesson and maybe no-one's gonna acknowledge it - but, as it turned out, most people were pretty kind about it!

2003 and 'Music For The Mature B-Boy' is Format's debut album. A full serving of his funky flair and unique sense of humour (check-out the skits in between tracks) the album proves a substantial collection of tracks and songs. In between the kind of instrumental & cut up gems he's famed for there's a clutch of MC collaborations with rappers from Toronto, Los Angeles and the UK keeping things hot throughout.