aberdeen-music

Practise drum kits?

Smooth_groover

Does anyone know how much one of those rubber pad set-ups costs? Ive decided to take up drums after an 8 year hiatus and I now live in a flat, so having a proper kit would be daft (unless my neighbours were deaf).

I seen one in R&B but I aint prepaired to spend 1500 on one :nono:

All I need is the rubber mats...

Any suggestions?

Mucho Apprecio :gringo:

Does anyone know how much one of those rubber pad set-ups costs? Ive decided to take up drums after an 8 year hiatus and I now live in a flat' date=' so having a proper kit would be daft (unless my neighbours were deaf).

I seen one in R&B but I aint prepaired to spend 1500 on one :nono:

All I need is the rubber mats...

Any suggestions?

Mucho Apprecio :gringo:[/quote']

There are a few different ones available, the more you spend, the more realistic the pads will be. None of them feel much like a drumkit, but the more expensive ones are better. I think Dixon do at least a couple of different ones. Have to be honest though, even with the best of intentions, you'll probably find it hard to religiously practice on a rubber practice kit....they are just soooo boring to play.

Alternative is to get an electronic kit like a Yamaha DTX and then you can just plug headphones in, but then you're obviously spending a few hundred quid....

Have a chat with Duncan @ Bruce Millers....he'll sort you out.