aberdeen-music

local venues

Daniel

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lemontree.....Pa yes.....amps for a cost i think.....drumkits?? i think maybe for a cost.....not sure about the tunnels....and by the looks of my post not sure about the lemontree either......

The Lemon Tree has probably the best in house pa in scotland....its only as good as the person operating it though.

They have a house kit, they also have a Peavey bass stack and a Fender twin reverb combo, they may or may not charge you for their use...?

The Lemon Tree has probably the best in house pa in scotland

This used to be the case but not anymore. The Moorings rig is an evolution - essentially the next generation - of The Lemon Tree's rig.

At present the Lemon Tree monitors are superior to ours but that will change in the very near future. Our forthcoming monitors are the most sophisticated on the market due to high output, high efficiency, and lack of compression drivers.

To the best of my knowledge the combination of Funktion-One speakers and MC2 amps gives the best sonic performance of anything on the market.

It could be argued that the Lemon Tree has a better desk, but it's an apples for pears comparison as one is digital and the other analogue.

I realise that some people may find this hard to swallow but it is factually correct. We also have Mark Thomas at the controls... most of the time. Game over... most of the time.

EDIT: since composing this post I have been reliably informed that The Lemon Tree has a D&B PA with a Midas desk. The PA is nothing special and not in fact the ancestor of the Funktion-One system (I had previously been under the impression it was a Turbosound rig which in generally considered superior). Midas do however make VERY nice desks indeed. So I guess this long running myth about the Lemon Tree having the best rig in Scotland is largely debunked. If you hooked their desk up to The Moorings rig you'd have a great combination though...

Gauntlet thrown?

The best sound we've ever had has been at the Lemon Tree... the best monitor mix we've ever had was at the Lemon Tree. Crystal clarity, brilliant vocal mix - a joy to play.

If the Moorings can top it I'll be very impressed.

This used to be the case but not anymore. The Moorings rig is an evolution - essentially the next generation - of The Lemon Tree's rig.

At present the Lemon Tree monitors are superior to ours but that will change in the very near future. Our forthcoming monitors are the most sophisticated on the market due to high output' date=' high efficiency, and lack of compression drivers.

To the best of my knowledge the combination of Funktion-One speakers and MC2 amps gives the best sonic performance of anything on the market.

It could be argued that the Lemon Tree has a better desk, but it's an apples for pears comparison as one is digital and the other analogue.

I realise that some people may find this hard to swallow but it is factually correct. We also have Mark Thomas at the controls... most of the time. Game over... most of the time.[/quote']

Well there you are it shows what the fuck I know eh?

The Lemon tree has the second best 'in house' pa in Scotland, it has the best monitors and one of the best (analogue) desks money can buy.

Flash....do you get the best out of that gear? It doesnt have a lot of space to work..!

Oh and I believe we have a mutual friend???

Well there you are it shows what the fuck I know eh?

The Lemon tree has the second best 'in house' pa in Scotland' date=' it has the best monitors and one of the best (analogue) desks money can buy.

Flash....do you get the best out of that gear? It doesnt have a lot of space to work..!

Oh and I believe we have a mutual friend???[/quote']

We widened the room quite a bit during the rennovations - have you been in since those were completed? Wider would be better but the structure is pretty dead and close to neutral so it doesn't cause us a great deal of problems.

You are correct though in that it's possible that a poorer PA in a better room may sound better than a better PA in a poorer room... or vice versa. The mics make a big difference too. But the source makes the biggest difference of all!

To the best of my knowlege the Lemon Tree is desk is decent but not among the best that money can buy. But neither is ours - not by a long shot! Ours is among the most space effiicient though, if it were analogue then it would be ~4m long and consume an enture FX rack. Not really a practical proposition for us LMAO.

Who is our mutual friend? My only known friend is Garth!

More like 3 gauntlets:

Which venue has the best equipment?

AND

Who gets the best sound?

AND

Which venue is the best sounding?

I've heard of battle of the bands' date=' but battle of the venues???[/quote']

The moorings does have a better pa....but you will get better sound overall in the lemontree due to its size being able to cancel out standing waves....bla bla bla....

Aquaintance may have been a better word..... Big Al !!

There's a photo of Big Al in my gallery. He was in the bar on the last Sat in Janaury to see Unforgiven. MC (Mark Craig) sings lead vocal in Unforgiven - you must remember MC and his brother Sid. They have about 4-5 years on me and would be slap bang in the heart of the Big Al era Saturday crowd.

Flash

There's a photo of Big Al in my gallery. He was in the bar on the last Sat in Janaury to see Unforgiven. MC (Mark Craig) sings lead vocal in Unforgiven - you must remember MC and his brother Sid. They have about 4-5 years on me and would be slap bang in the heart of the Big Al era Saturday crowd.

Flash

That would be fingers then?

I believe he's playing bass for them....when are they playing the moorings?

Guest lime ruined my life
The moorings does have a better pa....but you will get better sound overall in the lemontree due to its size being able to cancel out standing waves....bla bla bla....

has anyone got any bones? i heard i could buy bones here.

cancel out standing waves??

if you have a box' date=' and waves in that box, you will get standing waves, if you are outside, away from barriers, you will not.

The only difference room shape and size has is on the modes of that room, best acoustics is genrerally thought to be a long rectangular shaped room (probably get better if you had some weird complicated shape, but in general) with length L/2, where L is the wavelength of your longest wave, and worst is supposed to be cube shape room. This may all be wrong, i did this a long time ago.[/quote']

Said room should also have a yellow metal pole approx 9" diameter located 3/4 length from the speakers. And a Garth.

cancel out standing waves??

if you have a box' date=' and waves in that box, you will get standing waves, if you are outside, away from barriers, you will not.

The only difference room shape and size has is on the modes of that room, best acoustics is genrerally thought to be a long rectangular shaped room (probably get better if you had some weird complicated shape, but in general) with length L/2, where L is the wavelength of your longest wave, and worst is supposed to be cube shape room. This may all be wrong, i did this a long time ago.[/quote']

The width of the moorings cant be enough to allow a low bass note to develop properly.

Just simply for reasons of 66hz bass tone travelling at 330mps will need 5metres to develop....and im not sure the front of the moorings is 5metres wide....so you wont get perfect sound.

The pillar at lemontree has a monitor behind to cancel out sound shadows....and there are monitors at the back to stop sound delay/too much fall off....for the people at the back.

i feel this is a case of some knowledge is worse than none.

So your telling me that standing waves wont affect a small area?

And that there is no sound shadows created by the pillar at lemontree?

You also telling me that the monitors at the back arent there to cancel out the delay that people would be getting if they stood there?

Think you need to go check their system out then baste yourself....

Guest lime ruined my life

1) i was under the impression you get standing waves in a confined area, no waves can traverse in a room, they get to the end, reflect, superpose with the incident wave, and stand. so your "standing waves canceling out blah blah blah" makes no sense to me.

However, a small rooms modes will be of higher frequencies, and quite unpleasant.(the theory behind this has something to do with standing waves, which is why i think you arn't entirely sure what you are talking about, you've picked up a phrase, but not the full idea)

2) i don't know what you're talking about. i don't know anything about the lemon tree setup, which is why i havn't told you anything about it, so no, i am not telling you any of those things.

i am however telling you that most of your posts don't make much comprehensive sense. They sound more like a lot of technical jargon mushed together to sound like you know what you're talking about to someone doesn't know what they are talking about. Where did you learn all this jargon anyway? arn't you still in school?

3) get lost you hell hallucination inducing toad.