aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Exodus Setlist 19.2.05

That's some weather we're having. Well done to all those that braved it and came along to our little shindig. It went a little like this;

On Top-Moldy Peaches

Shack Up-Bis

Ocean-6 By 7

Sidewalking-Jesus And Mary Chain

Girl, You Captivate Me-? and The Mysterians

All You Can Do-WillY Mason

Go Karts-Bees

Last Stop;This Town-Eels

Over The Sunrise-Adam Green

Girl On The Wing-Shins

Celebrity Sanctum-Dogs Die In Hot Cars

Liquefy-The Servant

Weirdo-Charlatans

Kill All Hippies-Primal Scream

Light Pollution-Bright Eyes

Tom Weir-Aberfeldy (ace! I thought I was the only one that appreciated him!)

And then Mr. psydoll waded in with his contribution

Drop Kick The Punks-The Faint

Only One Word Comes To Mind-Biffy Clyro

Apply Some Pressure-Maximo Park

Heart Full Of Black-Burning Brides

Heavy Lifting-Ambulance Ltd

California-Low

What Happens Now-Kitchens Of Distinction

A Life Less Ordinary-Ash

Bleach-Easyworld

Luno-Bloc Party

Ladyflash-The Go! Team

Luncheon began to disagree with Adam at this point, so I took the reins once more, and held on like a stubborn bastard.

Sissyneck-Beck

Emily-Adam Green

Close The Door-Idlewild

Honest Mistake-The Bravery

A Forest-The Cure

PDA-Interpol

She Cracked-The Modern Lovers

Walk On Me-Ben Kweller

Bill McCai-The Coral

Shining Light-Ash (yes, I know we were a bit Ash-heavy tonight. Just in that kind of mood...)

Still Ill-Smiths

Love Will Tear Us Apart-Joy Division (haven't played this for ages. Everyone seemed to forget what it was)

Godhopping-Dogs Die In Hot Cars

Holiday Song-Pixies

Motown Junk-Manic Street Preachers

Beating Heart Baby-Head Automatica

Daft Punk Is Playing At My House-LCD Soundsystem

Oh My God!-Kaiser Chiefs

The Modern Age-The Strokes

Banquet-Bloc Party

Time Is Running Out-Muse

Bullet With Butterfly Wings-Smashing pumpkins

Take Me Out-Franz Ferdinand

20th Century Boy-Placebo

Psycho Killer-Talking Heads

Break On Through-Doors

Town Called Malice-The Jam(again, not been played for yonks)

I'm A Cuckoo-Belle And Sebastian (hmm...perhaps played a little too much)

Don't Look Back Into The Sun-Libertines (easily their best song)

Dakota-Stereophonics (cue many evil looks)

Black And White Town-Doves (evil looks get worse)

Buddy Holly-Weezer (evil looks become irrelevant)

American Idiot-Green Day

Know Your Enemy-Rage Against The Machine

All These Things That I've Done-Killers

True Faith-New Order

Galvanize-Chemical Brothers

Firestarter-Prodigy

Fire-Jimi Hendrix

Orpheus-Ash

Just Like Heaven

Say Hello To The Angels-Interpol

Float On-Modest Mouse

Debaser-Pixies

i Predict A Riot-Kaiser Chiefs

Nancy Boy-Placebo

End Of The World As We Know It-REM

Killamangiro-Babyshambles

Walk Idiot Walk-Hives

Walkie Talkie Man-Steriogram (playing Moshulu on 20th February (that's today) with a host of other fine acts)

You Will You Won't-Zutons (playing the Tunnels on Friday to an audience of lucky bastards)

Blister In The Sun-Violent Femmes (playing Aberdeen only in my wildest dreams)

Teenage Kicks-Undertones

And that, as they say, is that.

Kitchens Of Distinction - What Happens Now

Maximo Park - Apply Some Pressure

Ambulance Ltd. - Heavy Lifting

That's the gaps filled methinks. Haddock in Mornay sauce from Markies (non-sellers of flour and basic fiends). Fish generally doesn't agree with me if I cook it myself. Neither does chicken. I can't even eat my traditional shedloads of crisps upon returning home ;)

EDIT: I met Demon Cleaner tonight who seemed like a nice chap. Two other people used the Psydoll name to me tonight and then scarpered. Who be you fiends?

DOUBLE EDIT: I actually played 'Luno' by Bloc Party but wrote 'Like Eating Glass' instead because I'm a fool. :help:

It was a great night last night, despite the weather. Glad you played Kaiser Chiefs and Bloc Party. Firestarter was good too, something different. Psydoll, i read you were talking to Deamon Cleaner last night, he's a top bloke. Keep up the good work. :cheers:

Kitchens Of Distinction - What Happens Now

Maximo Park - Apply Some Pressure

Ambulance Ltd. - Heavy Lifting

That's the gaps filled methinks. Haddock in Mornay sauce from Markies (non-sellers of flour and basic fiends). Fish generally doesn't agree with me if I cook it myself. Neither does chicken. I can't even eat my traditional shedloads of crisps upon returning home ;)

EDIT: I met Demon Cleaner tonight who seemed like a nice chap. Two other people used the Psydoll name to me tonight and then scarpered. Who be you fiends?

DOUBLE EDIT: I actually played 'Luno' by Bloc Party but wrote 'Like Eating Glass' instead because I'm a fool. :help:

So excited was Mr Cleaner that he fired a broadside at Leif Erikson's nib (sent him text) saying that he'd met you. I was jamming with Erikson and Ancient Mariner as Demon Cleaner should have been. Nice to see a return to the tail end of the night for Float On and a rare outing for Bullet With Butterfly Wings.

So excited was Mr Cleaner that he fired a broadside at Josef Ks nib (sent him text) saying that he'd met you. I was jamming with K and Ancient Mariner as Demon Cleaner should have been. Nice to see a return to the tail end of the night for Float On and a rare outing for Bullet With Butterfly Wings.

He seemed like a very nice chap indeed - that should be Leif that you were jamming with now though shouldn't it? ;)

It's much more scary when people just call you Psydoll and run off. Dave was getting congratulated for winning the Planet Boo quiz one shift apparently. The forum is alive! Flee while you still can!

not bad dave, not bad, i will be making a rare appearance this Saturday, i trust you'll have something special for me! (realises sinister sexual connotations of this post)

Close The Door-Idlewild

Honest Mistake-The Bravery

A Forest-The Cure

PDA-Interpol

Shining Light-Ash (yes' date=' I know we were a bit Ash-heavy tonight. Just in that kind of mood...)

Still Ill-Smiths

Love Will Tear Us Apart-Joy Division (haven't played this for ages. Everyone seemed to forget what it was)

Godhopping-Dogs Die In Hot Cars

Holiday Song-Pixies

Motown Junk-Manic Street Preachers

Say Hello To The Angels-Interpol

Float On-Modest Mouse

Debaser-Pixies

i Predict A Riot-Kaiser Chiefs

Nancy Boy-Placebo

[/quote']

1) Some run of songs. Me and a random know called Brian (i believe he is Mr.Shankly on this forum) were the only two dancing for ages. It was cool being the sole representatives on the dancefloor during the first two batches of songs I've indicated; as you noted during joy division etc. it was slightly buoyant to see the blank faces of everyone in the club at that point when those songs came on. Great to give them the mental (and probably physical) v-sign.

2) Yes it was indeed a great honour to meet my forum hero psydoll. A sound guy, if at times a little surplus to requirements!

3) No Zappa nor Siouxsie!

2) Yes it was indeed a great honour to meet my forum hero psydoll. A sound guy' date=' if at times a little surplus to requirements![/quote']

For shame. Nae wonder I wasn't along tonight. :p

3) No Zappa nor Siouxsie!

Whoops. I was too engrossed in my bunny-rabbit impressions to remember those. Apologies. Sometime soon, I promise. :)

Whoops. I was too engrossed in my bunny-rabbit impressions to remember those. Apologies. Sometime soon' date=' I promise. :)[/quote']

It's ok, "A Forest" was the perfect despairing alternative!

KANUUK and members of Guts Kicked ass last night in Exodus. Stuart Wishingwell was working a full days work in the Costa Del Glasgow, starting 9am today.. HAHAHA

Aye' date=' he's a dude, and a GOFONE. He pointed you out one night, so I know who you are! :D[/quote']

Yeah i remembered hes a gofone. He busted his tele custom into a lecture on Friday, was quite amusing. Sound guy though.

Unfortunately he didnt actually play it in a lecture, but it would have been good if he had. Yeah he let me hear part chimp on his minidisc, they seem alright, never heard of em though!