aberdeen-music

The Best Band In Aberdeen...

Guest crime-is-for-dorks

Guest stuartmaxwell
I thot the Wildcards were awesome. Not many bands put that much energy or effort into a performance' date=' ye their music ain't anything radically new, but its gud none the less. I particularly liked the drum solo, VERY led zep! :rockon:

[/quote']

do you go to local gigs often??

the drum solo was particularly shite. closely followed by the goofy singers "rockin out" along with the rubbish drums

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest crime-is-for-dorks
No offence meant but your hardly one to talk about shameless self promotion.

I find that fucking hilarious coming from someone who classes himself as a promoter, we promote our band, we give people links to MP3's, let people know where and when we're playing, and hand out a short bio about how we roughly sound and who we've played with, that's completely different from being a bunch of pretentious, arrogant twats. We made mistakes, but they were around 18 months ago, and we were naive but at least we're big enough to own up to our wrong-doings, we've all grown up, and to be honest, stopped giving a fuck about people on message boards and so forth, and started writing and performing for ourselves. There's a huge difference between claiming to be 'The best band in Aberdeen' or as a matter of fact, the best at anything, and saying 'Hey, we're playing here, then, with so and so' on a poster, fair enough use any tactic to promote, but at least have a little substance to back it up.

Besides, I remember reading shitloads of 'No Pints' promo, pretentious bollocks about your 'last ever' gig when you'd been around 5 minutes, acting like people owed you something. I guess this is the black pot calling the white kettle black.

Apologies, for the rant, but that's how I feel. I'm fed up getting shit for stuff that happened years ago, leave it be.

I find that fucking hilarious coming from someone who classes himself as a promoter' date=' we promote our band, we give people links to MP3's, let people know where and when we're playing, and hand out a short bio about how we roughly sound and who we've played with, that's completely different from being a bunch of pretentious, arrogant twats. We made mistakes, but they were around 18 months ago, and we were naive but at least we're big enough to own up to our wrong-doings, we've all grown up, and to be honest, stopped giving a fuck about people on message boards and so forth, and started writing and performing for ourselves. There's a huge difference between claiming to be 'The best band in Aberdeen' or as a matter of fact, the best at anything, and saying 'Hey, we're playing here, then, with so and so' on a poster, fair enough use any tactic to promote, but at least have a little substance to back it up.

Besides, I remember reading shitloads of 'No Pints' promo, pretentious bollocks about your 'last ever' gig when you'd been around 5 minutes, acting like people owed you something. I guess this is the black pot calling the white kettle black.

Apologies, for the rant, but that's how I feel. I'm fed up getting shit for stuff that happened years ago, leave it be.[/quote']

kirk puts on great show, he give unknown local bands the chance to playwhich is more than other promoter are willing to do he also puts on high quality bands, have you ever been to one of the gfn shows?