aberdeen-music

idea me thinks

?uestlove

anyone wanna get a cheesy pub-jukebox band together? you know the shit, dire staits, zeppelin, hendrix, guns and roses, the beatles,everything a pub needs.

i'll be drummin so i guess i'm jst curious so see what the response is and if anyone wants to get somethin goin.

this would technically be a side project for me but i'm not gonna fuckl about jst cos i'm in another band. but this is more of jst a mess about for me.

anyway lookin forward to readin replys.

peace

anyone wanna get a cheesy pub-jukebox band together? you know the shit' date=' dire staits, zeppelin, hendrix, guns and roses, the beatles,everything a pub needs.

i'll be drummin so i guess i'm jst curious so see what the response is and if anyone wants to get somethin goin.

this would technically be a side project for me but i'm not gonna fuckl about jst cos i'm in another band. but this is more of jst a mess about for me.

anyway lookin forward to readin replys.

peace[/quote']

What a totally unique and original idea........ o_O

we could get paid a fortune' date=' 200 a night (or more)[/quote']

yup.

Back in 1997-98 i was in a 'cover' band. :help:

At the time Oasis were big, and basically we played 3 hours of Oasis, Radiohead, Beatles, and even some Queen, Metallica and GnR covers. :rockon:

Saturday night at Champions (now Barracudas - bowling place in B of Don) would pay 250. :cheers:

Still remains the most cash i ever got paid for a gig............................ :down:

Steve

'Here endeth the lesson'

hmm hmm hmm' date=' true but that doesnt make it less fun. and if its good and we give it hell then i reckon it;s worth it. i jst fancy a mess about, and if we get paid for it, so be it...

:cheers:[/quote']

Problem is, once you have sold yourself to the devil and accept wadges of cash for playing covers to fat old Bailys swilling grannies in some shithole pub, its hard going back to the art....eg 20 for playing to 9 uninterested punters, that includes the bar staff!!

look man,

Problem is' date=' once you have sold yourself to the devil and accept wadges of cash for playing covers to fat old Bailys swilling grannies in some shithole pub, its hard going back to the art....eg 20 for playing to 9 uninterested punters, that includes the bar staff!![/quote']

look man, i didnt ask for your opinion about how i'm sellin out, or how its unoriginal. you need to get out more man, stop replying to threads with pointless shit. and enough with this whole ''return to the art''. i doubt you are or ever will be some sort guru to me or any other musician.

ps, what the hell kinda pubs do you drink at?

look man' date=' i didnt ask for your opinion[/quote']

I think you did...

so i guess i'm jst curious so see what the response is

told you so!!

i doubt you are or ever will be some sort guru to me

thank fuck for that...

ps, what the hell kinda pubs do you drink at?

pubs me....never..!!

Look man I have no problem with whatever you want to do....I didnt preach about "the art", go read the post again but this time read what I wrote not what you think I meant.

If anything I was mocking the concept of some of our cherished local combos producing anything which could be loosly described as "art"

I played in a covers band for fuck sake so who would take my wise cracks seriously?

All I wanted to highlight was the slightly comical notion that you appeared to think that starting a covers band was in some way a radically new idea...

But all that aside, can I suggest that if you cant handle the odd wiseass comment then its probably best not to start threads on here.

Peace

...uh...

yeh ok ok. but man, you need to stop bein so condescending. and easy on the ''quote'' bit. jst look tacky and nerdy.

where i come from (26 miles east of the moorings), the only cover bands were covering metallica, pantera, RATM and if you wre lucky, the occasional darkness or chillis number.) i guess this pub jukebox idea is new to me.

but yeh, think this argument was a little petty. sorry man

peace :cheers:

nah man' date=' spongebob squarepants is and always will be my guru[/quote']

Fuck...upstaged by an (inanimate) cartoon character....who strangely spends a lot of his time in the ocean, ahem....or so my children tell me because im far to mature to watch childish rubbish like that.

Hey, would also be up for playing some classic rock tunes. Either singing, playing guitar (probably rhythm but depends how hard the tunes are) or a bit of both. At the moment thinking along the lines of

All Right Now- Free

Layla- Derek and the Dominoes

Don't Fear The Reaper-Blue Oyster Cult

Should I Stay Or Should I Go- The Clash

and other great tunes from anytime period. Basically anything which you are up for. And if I can't play it to start with then I'll go away and learn it.

Let me know whether you are still interested or not

Keep jammin'

Patch