aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Alvin Starclusk

I'm possibly about to buy something very bad...

Guest MarkJDelaney

Don't bother for that sort of money. Wait for technology to advance, or get yourself a plasma for even more money. Or even better that, get yourself a fantastic Sony Trinitron Nicam CRT - can't beat the picture.

To be honest, I would prefer a decent dvd collection and a modest television screen. So, what's it gonna be? A television screen that you will eventually lose all enthusiasm for... or a dvd collection of about 200 which will have all your friends steaming with jealousy. I'd choose the latter, plus, as someone already said, those things will get better some day and that version will be worth about 100.

To be honest' date=' I would prefer a decent dvd collection and a modest television screen. So, what's it gonna be? A television screen that you will eventually lose all enthusiasm for... or a dvd collection of about 200 which will have all your friends steaming with jealousy. I'd choose the latter, plus, as someone already said, those things will get better some day and that version will be worth about 100.[/quote']

Of course, if you already have a DVD collection of about 200... ;)

Not 100% decided yet, it's a minimal additional outlay a month, as I currently rent a 32" widescreen.

Not 100% decided yet' date=' it's a minimal additional outlay a month, as I currently rent a 32" widescreen.[/quote']

I used to do that, then I bought an almost identical TV ex-rental for a couple of hundred, paid for itself in a few months, and I saved a fortune. You can get some bargains ex-rental, then wait for the technology to come down in price, which it will.

I used to do that' date=' then I bought an almost identical TV ex-rental for a couple of hundred, paid for itself in a few months, and I saved a fortune. You can get some bargains ex-rental, then wait for the technology to come down in price, which it will.[/quote']

And if Mike Skinner previously owned the tv, you may get your 1000 quid back. *revels in smartness*

Guest MarkJDelaney
To be honest' date=' I would prefer a decent dvd collection and a modest television screen. So, what's it gonna be? A television screen that you will eventually lose all enthusiasm for... or a dvd collection of about 200 which will have all your friends steaming with jealousy. I'd choose the latter, plus, as someone already said, those things will get better some day and that version will be worth about 100.[/quote']

I'm fortunate enough to have a collection of 200+ and a fantastic Sony Trinitron Nicam TV to boost smile_042.gif

Yeah... but are they any good? :p Sony Trinitron Nicam TV... whoo, I want one of those! I'll end up getting a tiny television but with an amazing soundsystem. For me, it's the sound that really matters. Although a decent tv screen does the trick as well

Guest MarkJDelaney

You're damn right they're good! I get a great sound from the Nicam Stereo with a fantastic picture to boost. If I want more sound, it's hooked up to my stereo speakers - I just switch em on! I wouldn't mind a theatre surround sound system though!