aberdeen-music

Emma Forman, Claire Hamilton and friends @ The Tunnels, 27/02/05. 8pm.

Sky

Hi Claire,

looking forward to seeing you live after hearing your demos :)

Think it might have been Nicky cairns you saw with The Simon Gall band because I've not supported them at drummonds (tho in saying that... if it was a few years ago its possible I've forgotten about the gig...got a memory like bottomless bucket).

:rockon:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers to the GFN boys for a great night with some good music, the turn out wasn't at all bad and you guys did a great job.

Born Solo - really not impressed I have to say, accoustic sets dont usually involve a full drumkit and if they do, the songs are usually arranged differently if they do, too many grunge 'classics', definitely not band I'd gop and see again.

The Usuals - These guys really blew me away, a very tight accoustic band and one i'd definitely go and see again.

Claire Hamilton - Claire imo really came into her own when she had a guy up playing guitar with her, i'd love to see her fronting a band, I think that would work better than a solo set, as she seemed much more relaxed when away from the guitar. The vocals seem good and I can really see her being a player on the scene in 6 months to a year with more gigging experience behind her. Great crowd reaction.

Emma Forman - Well I'm bias, but Emma did a great set, good fun talking to the audience and got a good crowd reaction, a set made up of different acoustic pop songs, really enjoyed it, good sound mixed with a nice venue, and Emma seeming very relaxed and in control.

All in all, a night of interesting and diverse music, a good job by the gfn boys making a divesre acoustic bill. Special thanks as well to the lovely Jenny who excelled in making the best sound from the venue, not always an easy feat in acoustic evenings.

Cheers

Stuart

twas a great night!!

Didn't like the first band to be honest guys if your going to do a whole set of nirvana covers please at least learn how to play them first and learn how to arrange and accoustic gig with the drums because it made you look very amatureish.

The Second band as stuart says, woha!! These guys really know what they are doing and i will def do what i can to make it down to see them again, an amazingly talented band.

Claire was awesome!!! Its been a while since i seen her and i thought she was really good, she still has that amazing sexy voice. Id agree with stuart tho i think u looked the best when that guy played guitar for you, it seemed to bring you out a lot more and improved the overall delivery of the song. Still tho a lovely set and the way she delt with the crowd and other situations on stage i thought were top class.

Emma, well as normal a beautiful performance i love her songs and a very confident powerful set from her. I love going to see her!!

Oh yeah and just for note the tunnels is an amazing venue the sound last night was as good as ive heard for an accoustic night so ill be interested when i hear a full band set up in there.

Guest Scorge Spike
Stop using these boards to steal my catchphrase.

Stop right there.

It was a sittor, I could not resist.

Oh, good gig by the way, except for Born Solo (who were dire) and Emma (who I missed out on due to fatigue).

... Claire imo really came into her own when she had a guy up playing guitar with her' date=' i'd love to see her fronting a band, I think that would work better than a solo set, as she seemed much more relaxed when away from the guitar.[/quote']

The guy in question is George Gillies, and he'll be playing with Claire again this Thursday (3rd March) at the Globe Inn along with a full backing band consisting of cello, drums and either acoustic or double bass. It's a charity gig with all proceeds/donations going to a hospice in Musselburgh where Claire's gran stayed. Turning 13 are supporting with an acoustic set. It starts about 9PM and doors are free.

As for the gig itself, I think it was excellent. Born Solo were probably the weakest act, and I think that their drummer was partly to blame for that; for an acoustic set, he was slightly too enthusiastic with his drum strokes. The Usuals were excellent, as was Emma and Claire.

I'd like to take the opportunity to tender sincere that from myself and Claire to the GFN? boys. They did an excellent job of organising the gig and we hope to work with them again in the near future.

On a related note, Claire's website is now up, and can be found at www.clairehamilton.co.uk, and she has two further demo tracks in MP3 on her Media page that weren't included on the White Demo which was distributed at the gig.

Guest Zeenat Aman
The guy in question is George Gillies' date=' and he'll be playing with Claire again this Thursday (3rd March) at the Globe Inn along with a full backing band consisting of cello, drums and either acoustic or double bass. It's a charity gig with all proceeds/donations going to a hospice in Musselburgh where Claire's gran stayed. Turning 13 are supporting with an acoustic set. It starts about 9PM and doors are free.

Care to name these backing musicians!?

Care to name these backing musicians!?

Indeed I do. At the time of my original post' date=' I didn't have my list with me. The line-up will be:

[indent']Claire HamiltonVocals, Guitar;

George GilliesLead Guitar;

I hope you will be in attendence?

possibly some of the members from band from uncle.

Guest Zeenat Aman
Indeed I do. At the time of my original post' date=' I didn't have my list with me. The line-up will be:

[indent']Claire HamiltonVocals, Guitar;

George GilliesLead Guitar;

GregorBass;

FraserDrums;

Duncan HartCello.

Currently, I don't have the last names of either Gregor or Fraser, but these will be added at the first opportunity. I hope you will be in attendence?

This sounds too good to miss!!!

Would it be Fraser Peterkin(sp?), jazz drummer?