aberdeen-music

Emma Forman, Claire Hamilton and friends @ The Tunnels, 27/02/05. 8pm.

Sky

Local singer/songwriters Emma Forman, Claire Hamilton and the bands Born Solo and The Usuals (with one further act TBC) will be playing an all-acoustic night in the Tunnels (just down from Fopp's old store) on Sunday, 27th February. Doors open at 8PM, and tickets (on sale at the door) cost 3.

Two of Claire's tracks can be downloaded in MP3 format from the following links:

(3.88
MB
)

(4.77
MB
)

All attendees will receive a free copy of Claire's four-track White Demofrom which the above two tracks are taken. Approximately 150 copies have already been distributed free around Aberdeen over the last few months. Those seeking more information on Claire can find a brief biography here. The gig marks the official launch of Claire's website and her first music video.

This gig is presented by Good for Nothing? Promotions in association with Clear and Bright Records.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw claire a while ago in drakes i think, like a couple of weeks before it closed down. she was playing with some guy who had a double bass i think. she has such an amazing voice and she writes totally heartbreaking songs.

im totally going to this gig and i can't wait to get my hands on a copy of her demo.is she doing any more recroding anytime soon?

is she doing any more recroding anytime soon?

Claire will be recording several tracks over the course of the year for her upcoming EP, which will be released sometime in the second half of the year on Clear and Bright Records. More tracks will be posted on Claire's website when it launches.

Guest Zeenat Aman
Looking forward to the gig' date=' should be fun :rockon:[/quote']

Are you playing with Emma?

My holiday's oficially begin on Monday after, so what better way to begin em than with a noice gig in a the tunnels with 3 artists I aint heard live before!!

:)

no fucking way!!!!!

This is amazing!!!

I used to drum for paralysis with claire and she is amazing!! What a voice she really has!!!! Anyone with any sense will be at this to see two of aberdeens best song writers in action!!!

Honestly people be at this you will not be dissapointed. :band::band::band::band:

Glad to hear people are up for this one. I heard Claire Hamiltons CD a few weeks ago and it really is amazing. I was pleasantly suprised. The best female singer/songwriter I've heard since I picked up Emma Rugg's album "Isolated impression". Check out www.emmarugg.com as she will be coming later in the year.

Glad to hear people are up for this one. I heard Claire Hamiltons CD a few weeks ago and it really is amazing. I was pleasantly suprised. The best female singer/songwriter I've heard since I picked up Emma Rugg's album "Isolated impression". Check out www.emmarugg.com as she will be coming later in the year.

I've heard of Emma Rugg a few times' date=' interestingly the first time i heard of her is because :

[url']http://the-rocker.freeservers.com/may2004/rugg.html

As for Claire stealing theshow, we'll see, i'm confident with a good PA and Emma and Hog on form they're unbeatable on the Aberdeen scene at the moment.

Cheers

Stuart

Guest Zeenat Aman
As for Claire stealing theshow' date=' we'll see, i'm confident with a good PA and Emma and Hog on form they're unbeatable on the Aberdeen scene at the moment.[/quote']

Music is not a competition, I think it's a very destructive attitude to have, the view that you're artist is somehow unbeatable!

What's to beat?

Music is not a competition' date=' I think it's a very destructive attitude to have, the view that you're artist is somehow unbeatable!

What's to beat?[/quote']

It's a matter of taste, I've heard Claire's demo, I think it's very good, theres a lot of good stuff on it, the negative thing i would say is she obviously has a nice voice so i'd turn the reverb off the vocals a bit. Emma is imo the best singer/songwriter in the Aberdeen scene at the moment, thats why i work with her, I'm not sure you can compare Claire and Emma as they're both playing very different type of stuff, but for my personal tastes I prefer Emma. I think it would make more sense if you're comparing musicians to compare Claire and Jo as they both have the soaring vocals etc. Emma's stuff is acoustic pop, Claire's is more (to my ears) acoustic rock.

To my ears, Emma is unbeatable in as much of theres no-one else i enjoy listening to as much and as good from up here, but it's a personal thing, I'm fully prepared for anyone to come in and blow me away, its happened before and I hope it will happen again.I dont think of music as a competition but I have my favourites like anyone else, and i will support them, if you can comment that Claire will steal the show, and she might, I can comment that to my ears there is no-one better than Emma up here, even if i dont use the best words ;) It'll be a great gig, I look forward to hearing Claire live, I think the demo has a lot going for her and it could be the start of a very good career.

Cheers

Stuart