Lamest Band Of The Year Award

Paulscoconutass

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tv tanned

It is so funny that this thread consists of certain people laying into bands with no real reason other than 'I think they're shit' and yet when the bands these people like receive criticism they immediately leap onto their high horse.

I have to be honest I think the Drakness are great. A great breath of fresh air in the market, and the very fact they can churn out chart toppers on the same album that has songs about shooting smack ("Giving up"), genital warts ("Growing on Me") and a song that goes "Get your hands off my woman motherfucker" and "you cunt"... well that says it all. Not to mention the cure piss-take, Dancing on a friday night.

I don't really care if they are just a novelty band or if they never make another album, but the OTT vocals and AC/DC, Thin Lizzy and Queen rip-off riffs/solos are great. And my Dad loves them.

I can't think of my lamest band for 2003...to be honest so long as the music has energy and isn't repetitive and entirely electronic, I'll probably be happy enough to listen to it. I really don't like bands without energy like Coldplay and Starsailor...

The Darkness debate's fairly interesting. At first I wasn't at all convinced...the excessively high pitched vocals were just irritating, but then I found it was really growing on me (cue hilarious laughter). However, I've really gone off I Believe In A Thing Called Love, after having to hear it on average between 4 and 10 times every night at work!!!

I think I'm gonna have to go with Oasis as my lamest band of the year...for the sole fact that everytime an Oasis song is played at work, there is immediately an out of tune chorus of drunken noise.

Guest Zombie Re-Munched

Oh dear, hahahahahaha The Darkness. Butlin's Holidays answer to Spinal Tap, its like The Grumbleweeds meets Def Leppard innit?.

A one trick pony are The Darkness if ever i saw it, its laughable how quaint the British public love to be entertained by mediocrity.

Ironic metal played by posh middle class intellectuals, its offensively humourless pantomime, its a fucking joke that is whats popular now, a covers band with a frontman dressed like a male ballet dancer and who looks like he came from Catweazle's leftover wankcrust.

Its just cheap and directionless, The Darkness are no worse than Shakin Stevens, its the same sad idea, a shameful and embarrassing harkback to a period that didn't need to be taken the piss out of because it was already that bad that the piss had already been well and truly extracted from it lock stock and by many barrels.

Second album?, maybe so but where's the start to this joke?, i've seen and heard the punchline before.

Guest Zombie Re-Munched

image819.gif

So this is what Shakin Stevens has been doing since Psycho A-Go-Go split up!

cdshakys.jpg

Shakin Stevens & The Sunsets, thought the new band was called Radio Lucifer?

;) Just kidding Jonny.

Originally posted by stuartmaxwell:

i challenge someone to give me 5 (genuine) things that are right about dirtbox

Um... I can give you one ; they always dedicated a song to me whenever they played (Dr.) Drakes... or was that Pen15?

Anyway, great bunch of lads, the bassist sold me a whippet once, lost it's first race, I sold it for dogfood. My gran's got to eat something for God's sake!

Whatever happens in this thread, not everyone will agree on who is the lamest band of the year.(now thats over with)

good charlotte,blink 182, lost prophets,all pop, sean paul,pretty much everyone apart from the darkness can fuck right off, all bands are shite this year and have been, since nirvana destroyed rock.

WHY DO COVER BANDS PLAY OLD SKOOL MUSIC??

CAUSE NEW BANDS ARE F*C*IN BOLLOCKS!

Guest Zombie Re-Munched

I personally think Sean Paul is a fucking genius.

He makes shitloads of cash and gets loads of birds from singing songs where no-one(and that includes Jamaicans) understands any of the words he sings!

Guest Zombie Re-Munched

The thing that we can take from Sean Paul's genius is the fact that none of us need ever write lyrics ever again.

Just repeat the same guttural sound through every song and watch the bank balance get fatter.

And there you all are learning how to play guitar and trying to gigs at Drakes and all this time Master Sean has been singing reggae songs like a haemophiliac who's just swallowed a car battery.

You bunch of fucking circus seals.

Lets all hail the the patron saint of reggae Sean Paul!!!!

pope1.jpg

SHAKE THAT THING WALLALLLALALALALALA SHAKE THAT THING!!!!

Guest highroller

I really laugh when you get these wankers that come on and say uber liberal bullshit like "no one should care about others opinions etc etc...hippy crap blah blah"

Its a message board!!

Originally posted by scottNP:

iv never understood a pearl jam lyric yet....only words iv ever made out are "Even Flow!!!" and "Ahh ahh ohhh i'm so alive"...

the rest are just...mumbled....thats eddie vedders style tho, i guess, lol

pearl jam rock all the same...

I usually find lyrics quite hard to hear in alot of music but Pearl Jam has always been clear as day for me. If they had realsed an album this year I have no doubt in my mind that it would have been the best...in my opinion ofcourse.

Guest Zombie Re-Munched
Originally posted by Benjamin Nesquik:

I really laugh when you get these wankers that come on and say uber liberal bullshit like "no one should care about others opinions etc etc...hippy crap blah blah"

Its a message board!!

I really laugh when those unliberal unhippy people who do care about other people's opinions feel the need to use such colourful language and EMO-tional histrionics to overemphasise their supposed opinions and arguments to the precariously uberhilarious point of self-parody.

The way you're talking, i can only assume that if Josef Stalin had lived for at least 15 years more, he would've been wearing a tye-dye furry Russian soidierhat and smoking a huge fat doob while listening to some Jefferson Airplane and Mamas And Papas toooons as he planned the grisly assassinations of left-wing dissidents and the cruel Gulag prison incarcerations of opinionated uberliberal wankers.

But thanks for the EMO-tion.

It.was.deesc.

:up:

Originally posted by Ben Quik:

Its a message board!!

Hippy?? If its just a message board then shouldnt you eb agreeign with the person that said that you shouldnt care about others opinions.

You aint making sense at all!:dunce: