Lamest Band Of The Year Award

Paulscoconutass

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Jonny Lucifer:

Personally I think anyone that doesn't like The Darkness touches kids and probably thinks Brand New invented music in 1995. The Darkness, whether you like it or not, are gonna be around a lot longer than the current emo fad, afterwhich I bet a few of you will be swapping your backpacks for some spandex strides. Just because they're popular doesn't mean they're terrible kids.

The darkness are a one, maybe 2 album wonder at most, they are a terrible band, the solo's are so much a Brian May rip off the only thing that lets them down is the lack of talent, Justin's voice has no mdulation, he can't pull off the live thing. And before anyone sees them I've heard the album several times and seen them live 3 times at other peoples gigs and they were terrible. Wailing, unoriginal, and having spoken to themselves was amazed at how seriously they took it all, personally think they're overated crap, and want to be Van Halen, AC/DC and Queen but aren't good enough to lick the boots of any of them.

Cheers

Stuart

Originally posted by jester1470:

The darkness are a one, maybe 2 album wonder at most, they are a terrible band, the solo's are so much a Brian May rip off the only thing that lets them down is the lack of talent, Justin's voice has no mdulation, he can't pull off the live thing.

Bullshit. He was note-perfect when I saw them.

I'll agree that their drummer is rubbish, but he doesn't really need to be great, such is the strength of the material. The Darkness' will easily outlive their detractors.

Bullshit. He was note-perfect when I saw them.

I'll agree that their drummer is rubbish, but he doesn't really need to be great, such is the strength of the material. The Darkness' will easily outlive their detractors.

Well he may have been good the once you saw him he was shit the 3 times I saw him !!

Sorry got to disagree, they're bunch of twats who are playing mid 80's rip off stuff with none of the talent and have only made it big by media hypes, for proof of this all you need to do is check out the meda hype thrown around at the end of last year, they were media darlings but once that ends which it already is, they'll fade from media view, and if ever a band that were over hyped its them without the hype they'll fade.

Lets see if there still doing this well in a year or two, I doubt it, they're the rock and roll novelty of this year, its like haircut 100,Sigue Sigue Sputnik, or Then Jericho, without the media they will fade and die.

cheers

Stuart

Guest Rainbow-Bunny
Originally posted by Camie:

Yeh their Chocolate Starfish album is amazing but that was in 2000 or something-this year Limp Bizkit have annoyed me. Eat You alive is a good song but when I heard the album at my mates house I was dissapointed how bad it was.

EDIT:Boiler is down as Limp Bizkit's best song in my opinion.

chocolate starfish is their worst album! It was Significant Other that got me into Limp Bizkit

See, I'd agree if I didn't have faith that they CAN pull out another album of equal, if not better, quality than the one they have produced. AND I like Sigue Sigue Sputnik!

I like Then Jericho but you can't deny the fact that these bands only had commercial appeal for one or two albums regardless of how good they were, and with the added bonus of the Darkness not being original or inspiring then I see their shelflive just as short, if not shorter, and I wasn't talking about quality anyway because I think the quality of the last album is poor, I'm talking about commercial success, which will fade them into obscurity in the next few years.

Cheers

Stuart

• 1 month later...

my vote goes to biffy clyro. new album is fucking gash. old album was fucking gash. they are fucking gash period.

the whole loud/quiet grunge dynamics thing died along with kurt cobain - and no surviving grunge band from that era really did it that way.

another vote goes to nickelback, just cos chad kroeger is a fucking twat.

Originally posted by spellchecker:

Woah there boy, don't tar us all with the same brush. I remember a few monday nights at the palace around 2000, muttering swear words about a certain mr morrison for playing no less than seven limp bizkit songs in one night. I'm not preachy in my distaste for limp bizkit, but i can safely say i have never, ever liked them. or danced to them for that matter. not even that mission impossible one.

Trust me that wasn`t me djing.

A maximum of 3 songs per band in one night is my limit. I have occasionally gone over this but only when the said band was playing Abereen.

I think you are getting me confussed with Paul.....as in 2000/2001/2002 he was still doing the Mudd Club.

Oh and PJ Harvey is amazing.....

Guest neil ex
Originally posted by Tav:

Nor does Metallica realeasing a bad album make them lame...

metallica have been lame for years tav

i quite like the two darkness songs 'growing on me' and 'get your hands off of my woman' but i listened to some of the album at a mates house and thought it was shite. i couldn't listen to it the whole way through because it was so boring... it made me want to go and listen to appetite for destruction or the first van halen album or something better. and spinal tap is funnier than the darkness aswell.

i wouldn't say the darkness are the lamest band of the year though.

anyway they aren't as lame as metallica are

i'll also mention my mind's weener

Originally posted by Ross:

Trust me that wasn`t me djing.

A maximum of 3 songs per band in one night is my limit. I have occasionally gone over this but only when the said band was playing Abereen.

I think you are getting me confussed with Paul.....as in 2000/2001/2002 he was still doing the Mudd Club.

Oh and PJ Harvey is amazing.....

May not have been you, but I'm sure you were DJing around that time. Maybe time is passing too fast.. oh no...

However, on a side note, didn't you once play the whole of '100 broken windows' in one special release night or something? I'm sure I remember suffering through that one.

Originally posted by scottNP:

my vote goes to biffy clyro. new album is fucking gash. old album was fucking gash. they are fucking gash period.

the whole loud/quiet grunge dynamics thing died along with kurt cobain - and no surviving grunge band from that era really did it that way.

another vote goes to nickelback, just cos chad kroeger is a fucking twat.

No, the whole quiet/loud thing in rock music was perpetuated by Nirvana. That's when it became 'de riguer' (sp?).

Look at your 'listening to' list I'm surprised you have the audacity to tell people what's gash nowadays. Most of those bands had their heyday well before Nirvana.

Originally posted by Ross:

I`ve done a few playbacks in my time but not the whole album. Paul did the 100 broken windows one as i recall hearing about it.

I did do a toploader one mind.

then that's probably the reason i stopped going on mondays and started going to crunchie instead. i found that a strange concept, subjecting a whole club to half or more of album in one night.

Guest highroller
Originally posted by rach Lexuz:

why have you all got poles up your asses bout the darkness? "ned rock"? get a fucking life, they do some catchy songs and you all listen to them anyway. jeez. you are all so obsessed with whatever is the in thing at the time. walking about with your massive back packs etc etc. what a fucking CLICHE

Oh gimme a fucking break!!

A cliche?? Theres hardly such a thing anymore!! So what if kids walk about with backpacks on...whats your deal with that!!

Sorry I dont know you personally but what you said really got up my nose there.....

Oh and for the record....The darkness are the biggest CLICHE there is sister so what you on about??

Guest highroller

Calling The Darkness 'ned rock' is pretty funny, given their high-camp antics....ironic that Atreyu look like a band of bare-knuckle fighters...

Eh?? Elaborate dude!!

By the way...I dont agree with the ned rock tag!! I think thats a silly statement!!

Its a shame cos as much as I love em...The foos i guess are "ned rock!"

Originally posted by Ben Quik: I dont give a fuck what you all say...you ALL have liked them at some point or another!!

Not this puppy. I saw them support Helmet and Korn at the Barrowlands early 1997 and they were shit. The only redeeming thing about LB at the time was DJ Lethal who got the drinks in for me and my mates prior to their set.