aberdeen-music

Nasum frontman found dead

Fast Caz

"Today Thursday, February 17, 2005 we recieved a confirmation that Mieszko Talarczyk [NASUM guitarist/vocalist] died in the tsunami disaster December 26, 2004. His body has been identified and will be transfered to Sweden shortly.

"His closest family and friends are in our thoughts right now. Mieszko will be missed by many.

"Nasum.com will be closed for at least a month. You know why. There will be a slight update in a couple of days with some information about the future of NASUM along with some personal words about Mieszko.

"Thanks a lot for your support and your thoughts. Now a new time begins, a time we must spend alone. Please respect this wish."

RIP

fuck

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Sad news indeed. I was spinning their "World In Turmoil" 7" the other night, couldn't help thinking the worst and so it proved. Time to play it again with a cider or three.

Man, thats really sad to hear :down:

Nasum are one of the few grind bands that knew how to do it, they were more than noise....

It's spooky, was reading the soundlab studios website just a few weeks back. Miezkso was not just an awesome guitarist and mean vocallist, he was also an awesome producer, and had worked with some of the best bands, alongside his friend Mathias (Millencolin) at their studio Sound Lab. I've got a few emails somewhere I recieved from Miezkso with great advice on sound engineering....there was a somewhat spooky photo of him sitting at the desk on the Sound Lab site....spooky because you know that studio was at that time just lying dormant, and that seat was empty, and you were wondering if that scene would ever happen again..I guess now we know.

How shit must this be for Nasum....