aberdeen-music

I need help to find a guitar amp with a certain sound!

JJ 10 Easy Wishes

I really, really want to know what kind of amps would be able to give me a clean, yet warm crunchy guitar sound. I don't really know how to explain it other than saying i want it to sound heavy and crunchy but not clicky and not all bassy. I know this makes no sense and all the music pros will be reading this thinking, "what the fuck is he talking about?" but I need to find an amp! I saw a video on mtv2 yesterday that had the kind of sound I want but I dunno what the band is called. The video had some guy running along a beach if that helps. Hmmmm.....

Anyway, I really want this kind of guitar sound but don't know how to get it. Any help would be lovely!

Guest operator zero

another good option for what I think JJ is needing would be to check out orange or vox amps - think that could be what he's needing. don't think he's meaning metal/heavy rock amps.

Guest operator zero

looking for vintage fender amps would probably be a good idea - search for stevie ray vaughan and see if you can find what kind of fenders he used - he used to wire a whole heap up and it was this buzzy racket until he started to play and then...well you know what his tone was (to die for!)

Guest operator zero

apparently SRV used the following wired up in a multi amp set up: a fender bassman, a vibroverb/super reverb and a dumble. dunno how he wired them up but that could be a good starting point.

What to do jj is go into R'n'B and try a fender hot rod deluxe if they have one.....or a twin...only draw back with a twin is you have to attain stupid volume before it breaks up ....the deluxe is a nice amp....or ask Kai to give you a shot of his Messa budgie.....they should deliver the noise you desire....the stones use boogies...!!

G...

Originally posted by operator zero:

apparently SRV used the following wired up in a multi amp set up: a fender bassman, a vibroverb/super reverb and a dumble. dunno how he wired them up but that could be a good starting point.

He also used an Ibanez Tubescreaner, the amps cranked up to 10 and the volume backed right off on his guitar. There was also the magic in his fingers......