aberdeen-music

Best Gig Entrance

psydoll

one of my favourite openings was muse in edinburgh. they had these giant screens that the band were standing behind and throwing guitar poses that would just be exposed to the crowd for a few seconds. they were getting silhouetted by strobe lights. it was amazing.

also, i saw idlewild at the music hall and they has a projector counting down from 10 to 1 in black and white. Then it just turned to "start." I found it incredibly exciting.

Best entrance I saw was Michael Jackson.....

...for all the child abuse charges' date=' the man has great stage presence.[/quote']

stunning quote.

best entrance i've ever seen was Linkin Park, when chester came running full speed onto the stage but didnt actually stop, so he actually ran THROUGH the air, right to the back of the arena, almost like he was floating.he did this right round the place, and at the exact second he landed they launched into 'papercut' bang on time, tight as fuck.for all the crap music, the man has great flying abilities.

Australian Pink Floyd at the music hall a couple of years back. The Dark Side of the Moon prism projected onto the back of the stage' date=' gradually getting bigger to the sound of the heartbeat, as the voices in Speak To Me echo around the place, then the manic laughter, then the screaming, then it breaks out into Breathe, the lights come up. First time id ever heard Dark Side of the Moon as well, couldnt have been better :D[/quote']

Damn it, you stole my one!!!! That was a crazily excellent night! Although they didn't play sheep. They'e coming back soon, I hear, can't wait!!

i like the start of the black label socitety dvd, the stage is all dark and they have some police sirens going off and the flashing lights on top of the amps, then zakk appears shredding away like usuall (and paul, if you read this, i want my dvd back)

i quite like the really sudden starts to, the songs that dont really have any intro, they just launch into the middle of the song (though i cant name any bands i remember doing this)

David

Green Day at the Barrowlands in 1998. I'm standing right up in front of an unmanned mic, semi in my pants, lights cut and everyone pushes forward. Suddenly my eyeballs are being forced out my sockets, and already I'm getting doc martins in face as waves of old skool punks surf the crowd. The band haven't even hit the stage yet. But then they do and the crowd goes wild. What song do they start with? 'Welcome to Paradise'. Oh yeah.

:band:

:rockon::rockon::punk::rockon::rockon::rockon::headbang::up:

Seeing !!! at Reading last year stands out particularly in my mind. I was buzzing after having just seen LCD Soundsystem. I wasn't entirely sure how ridiculous this set was going to be but I'm standing right at the front and Nic Offer is gyrating up and down a bit of scaffolding just feet away then he's jumping on top of the DJ's stand and shoving himself into the crowd and I can see a tiny version of Michael Jackson out of the corner of my eye but every time I look around he smiles and runs away.

I don't remember what they opened with though.