aberdeen-music

Beastie Boys faves play The Lemon Tree

misterdale

Aberdeen Jazz Festival: Brian Auger's Oblivion Express

Thursday 3rd March The Lemon Tree

Tickets 15 (10 concessions & regulars)

Doors Open: 8pm

Show Starts: 9pm

Brian Auger's Oblivion Express pulls into The Lemon Tree for an evening of killer groove Hammond organ virtuosity. Other musicians may have taken the glory but few luminaries from the 60s club scene have left a deeper mark on music history than Auger who is widely regarded as the godfather of acid jazz, as well as being a crucial figure in the 60s mod and R&B scene and a leading light of the jazz-rock movement in the states in the 70s.

A professional musician since 1963, Brian is credited with being one of the first jazz fusion artists, having achieved success in both the jazz and rock worlds with his bands Steampacket, Oblivion Express and most famously The Trinity. He has also worked with Long John Baldry, Rod Stewart, Sonny Boy WIlliamson, Jimmy Page, Julie Driscoll and Eric Burdon. He scored major chart success in the UK, Europe and the US with Closer To It, Indian Rope Man, I Want To Take You Higher, This Wheel's On Fire and countless other groove-based hits, and is still considered to be one of the foremost exponents of the Hammond organ.

"Brian Auger is one of the best Hammond B-3 artists I have ever heard in my life. His technique is awesome and the energy he generates is unparalleled. He deserves all the accolades." Herbie Hancock

"Those who remain oblivious to the obvious delights of Brian Auger do so at their own risk." Beastie Boys