aberdeen-music

Killing Time

jonty84

Hey, just wondering if any of you peeps have the time could you have a listen to a couple of my band Killing Time's tracks. Below is a link to two of the songs on AUBL's website.

Cheers.

Mike

http://www.downloadcounter.com/cgi-bin/download.pl?username=AUBL&account=156

http://www.downloadcounter.com/cgi-bin/download.pl?username=AUBL&account=157

PS: This isn't a ploy to get us higher in the aubl chart. We've already been raped by everyone lol.

Guest stuartmaxwell

hmmmm

not really my thing. its ok enough, i could see it going down well in pubs. the song devil by my side is pretty groovy on the bass front

i think you could work on the guitar a bit more though, the lead is a bit dull.

The mix is a little poor....vocals/guitar are much higher in the mix on "Kind Of Being" in comparison to drums/bass. "Devil By My Side" fairs a little better but both recordings don't have much girth (or balls if you will) someone said you sounded too polite and I think that's a good word to describe the sound. I think with a better recording the songs would come over a little better...but then again it can cost alot to get a really good quality recording.

"Devil By My Side" is the stronger/better song in my opinion. I've been watching the Metallica documentary recently so excuse me for using this phrase but, the guitar parts sound very stock. Like a typical funky riff without much new/exciting parts. I like the chorus of "Devil By Side" and it's probably the best part of either song.

So yes...ok but could be a lot better. Definatly some potential and with a better recording of some more progresive songs I think you'd be good.

Not too bad. With a better production these songs would have potential.

I'm sure we played at Drummonds with you lot a while back, think it was a battle of the bands and you definitely had a great live sound that night. More ballsy sounding! If you could recreate that in the studio that would improve your sound a helluva lot!

:rockon:

www.mindgoneblind.com

Thanks for all the comments. Those tracks were recorded in Captain Toms' studio in June of last year - to the dude from MGB, we did play Drummonds with you back in May '04, and live we do sound quite a bit different - rougher if you will, although I'd like to think in a good sense. I agree that the guitar part is fairly straightforward in either song, but then again I'm the drummer so thankfully thats not my fault lol. Those were the very first two songs we wrote, and we've got quite a few more in a similar vein on the go just now. I don't want to blame production though, the fuckin demo cost 60 so its not too bad considering.

Cheers again for everyone's comments, maybe see you at a gig of ours sometime. :)

Mike